Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The schedule continues to look easier after this win today...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

The schedule continues to look easier after this win today...

First off, what a great win today and a great show of heart and character in this win today when nobody gave the Steelers a chance to win the last few days without guys like Hines,Holmes,Troy,Hampton.and McFadden. Just a great win and team effort today over those bunch of pussies and whiners in Seattle who couldnt even take the heat today at all. Everytime you saw the Seahawks bench you saw guys sitting underneath with a top over there heads next to the fans to protect themselves from the heat. You saw Hasselbeck before the game and during the game whining about how hot it was. Meanwhile, the Steelers didnt even put Seattle in the dark blue jersey's so what would they have done if they had been wearing the dark and the Steelers would have wore the whites.

Anyway aside from all that, this schedule now going into the bye week 4-1 after the bye week looks more and more winnable especially if you look at what happened today. The Broncos lost 41-3 to the Chargers at home and looked completely lost and clueless today. That's who the Steelers have next and I dont care if the game is in Denver or not the Steelers should definitely be able to take care of the Broncos after what I saw today. The Cincy game following Denver is going to be tough no doubt. I expect the Bengals to beat the Chiefs and Jets the next 2 weeks and get to 3-3 going into our game which we should be 5-1 assuming we beat Denver. So that right there is a game where if the Steelers beat Cincy can pretty much barry them in the standings and go to 6-1 and put the Bengals at 3-4. The next game will be tough against the Ravens here on Monday night who got away with another win today beating an anemic 49ers team 9-7 because Joe Nedney couldnt kick a field goal. But seeing the Ravens play the last few weeks the Steelers should definitely be able to take care of them and do it pretty easily much like they did too Seattle today. The Ravens most likely will be 5-2 going into our game with them because they play the winless Rams next week at home, and then they have to go to Buffalo which is still not very good so they should beat both of those teams and be 5-2 going into the bye week and before they play us here the first Monday night in November. The schedule after that other then the Pats and Jags the rest of the way is basically a cakewalk. The Steelers have games with the Browns, a game at the Jets, a game with the Dolphins here, and a game at St Louis in December. Those teams have a combined record of 3-17 and should pretty much all be wins. The Steelers should also beat the Bengals here as well because Cincy is still not a very good road team and the game is on a Sunday night here.

So as Ive been saying on here for weeks the only two teams in the AFC you are going to have to worry about are the Pats and Colts. Both of these teams have very tough upcoming schedules as well. The Colts have 3 of the next 4 on the road after the bye week at the Jags,at the Panthers,home to the Pats which one of them will definitely lose, and then a game at San Diego. The Colts will definitely slip at least 1 possibly 2 of these games. The Colts keep in mind also play in a very tough division now which every single team now Jacksonville,Houston,and Tennessee all have winning records. So the Colts are not gonna cakewalk through that division I dont think. The Pats have games at Dallas and Indy 2 of the next 4 weeks,and a game at Miami in between which they always seem to struggle against no matter how bad they are,and a game at home with the Redskins who are much improved. So as Ive been saying thats a tough stretch for both of those teams which Im sure both will slip 1 or 2 games. If the Steelers can take care of the Broncos and Bengals on the road the next 2 weeks and get to 6-1 with 4 of there next 5 games at home in November against teams that arent very good at all they are going to have an excellent chance as Ive been saying to be right there for a bye week and homefield advantage with the Pats and Colts come December.

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    Well after five game we manage to be 4-1. We let the Cardinal game sideline our star players and two ex-coordinaters exposed our weakness which resulted in poor play and a loss.
    Our guys came away with a great win and shutout going into a bye which came just in time to heal the wounded.
    As I have watched our team, I look at the remaining schedule and here is how I feel it will result.

at Broncos - Win, Bronco's look lost
    at Bengals- Win, Bengals are lost
    RAVENS - Win, Ravens offense is pathetic
    BROWNS - Win, Hello, it's the same old Browns
    at Jets - Win, This game might be close......Nah.
    DOLPHINS - Win, Even Porter can't help them
    BENGALS - Win, they are still lost
    at Patriots - Loss, If it was a home game, maybe.
    JAGUARS - Win, because we are home, this won't be a nail biter like past meetings.
    at Rams - Win, Greatest show on turf has been cancelled
    at Ravens - Win, Did their offense get better?

Yeah it might look like I'm being a homer but the way the schedule and teams look now as the season is 5 games in, it looks much easier.

Thanks to Zachintosh66 for my awesome website banner!!
    steelersal.com

Tailgate Coordinator
    I don't think it is that easy. And in todays NFL you can not go by what teams do today and how they play next week. I believe this is going to be a tough month for the Steelers. We have a bye week, and then travel to Denver, eh, scary in a way. And then 3 division games in a row with all 2 outta the 3 at home. That alone is tough to play 3 division games in a row. We go 3-1 nout of them, we are in great shape. Go 2-2, and it depends on what happens with the other teams.

I'm A "Champion"

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The next game will be tough against the Ravens here on Monday night who got away with another win today beating an anemic 49ers team 9-7 because Joe Nedney couldnt kick a field goal.
    Yeah, Joe "the actor" Nedney should have pretended one of the Ravens ran into him, so he could get another kick. Way to get stage fright this time Joe!

home to the Pats which one of them will definitely lose
    No way! Really?

Just messing with you.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    colts-hater
    The game in Cincy will be the toughest of the 3 division games just because the game is in Cincy and the Bengals are going to be facing a MUST win when they play us in order to keep any chance of competing in this division alive. As far as the Ravens and Browns go the Steelers should be able to take care of both of them here at Heinz Field. The Ravens offense if pathetic and that game is here on a Monday night and the Steelers rarely lose at home on Monday night they just dont. The Browns while they might appear to be better still will not be able to come in here and beat the Steelers. Its going to be tough at this point for anybody to come into Heinz Field and beat this team the way they have been playing at home so far this year. They have outscored there opponents 84-19 thus far through 3 games at Heinz Field. The Broncos game might not be a cakewalk because the game is on the road and the Broncos have a bye week coming up much like the Steelers do to regroup and get back on track. But the way I see it the Steelers are a much better team then the Broncos all the way around, and if they play like there capable of playing they will beat the Broncos in Denver. The schedule sets up very well as Ive been saying if they get through these next 2 games in Denver and Cincy for the Steelers to really make a push for a 1 or 2 seed in the playoffs come December.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The game in Cincy will be the toughest of the 3 division games just because the game is in Cincy and the Bengals are going to be facing a MUST win when they play us in order to keep any chance of competing in this division alive. As far as the Ravens and Browns go the Steelers should be able to take care of both of them here at Heinz Field. The Ravens offense if pathetic and that game is here on a Monday night and the Steelers rarely lose at home on Monday night they just dont. The Browns while they might appear to be better still will not be able to come in here and beat the Steelers. Its going to be tough at this point for anybody to come into Heinz Field and beat this team the way they have been playing at home so far this year. They have outscored there opponents 84-19 thus far through 3 games at Heinz Field. The Broncos game might not be a cakewalk because the game is on the road and the Broncos have a bye week coming up much like the Steelers do to regroup and get back on track. But the way I see it the Steelers are a much better team then the Broncos all the way around, and if they play like there capable of playing they will beat the Broncos in Denver. The schedule sets up very well as Ive been saying if they get through these next 2 games in Denver and Cincy for the Steelers to really make a push for a 1 or 2 seed in the playoffs come December.
    All good points, but i disagree w/ your points on Cincy. I think that game is gonna be ugly. Its gonna be physical, hard hitting, and smack talking will be rampant!!! None of those (except trash talking) bode well for the Bungles. There D is suspect and their blocking up front has been spotty at best. That game could be a blow out just aswell as the DEN game because they have looked just horrible!!! I like our chances in NE for 1 reason... OUR D IS THE TRUTH!!!! If we can get support from our running game we should handle the pats... but one week at a time DEN is next!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We made it through to the bye in good shape. We lead the division and we entered it on a high note.

The game against Denver should be a win on paper for us but nothing is easy at mile high. We'll have to bring our A game and step on them early because if that crowd gets going it just fires up the home team and makes it all the more difficult.

Im also anxious to see us in some more divisional games because we can really separate ourselves in those games and put some distance between us and the reset of the AFCN so those game are of paramount importance coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    All good points, but i disagree w/ your points on Cincy. I think that game is gonna be ugly. Its gonna be physical, hard hitting, and smack talking will be rampant!!! None of those (except trash talking) bode well for the Bungles. There D is suspect and their blocking up front has been spotty at best. That game could be a blow out just aswell as the DEN game because they have looked just horrible!!! I like our chances in NE for 1 reason... OUR D IS THE TRUTH!!!! If we can get support from our running game we should handle the pats... but one week at a time DEN is next!!!
    I agree 100%. The Bungals are also not a team that handles themselves well when dealing with adversity. They are down and I don't expect them to bounce back.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

im more worried about cincy in pittsburgh lol, thats where they beat us, we own paul brown stadium

and just so you all know, the pats can be beat....the way our DBs hit its enough to stop them from having success through the air, notice how when the play anyone they just try to keep plays in front of them and wrap the ball carrier up gently.....they are not unstoppable

Thread Information