Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The schedule continues to look easier after this win today...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    and just so you all know, the pats can be beat....the way our DBs hit its enough to stop them from having success through the air, notice how when the play anyone they just try to keep plays in front of them and wrap the ball carrier up gently.....they are not unstoppable
    You are right they are not invincible by any stretch but when you play the Pats you need to be on your toes and play as good a game as you've ever played because they won't normally beat themselves. When you play them you need to be healthy and hit them square in the mouth over and over. If you can out-tough the Pats then you can beat them.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    and just so you all know, the pats can be beat....the way our DBs hit its enough to stop them from having success through the air, notice how when the play anyone they just try to keep plays in front of them and wrap the ball carrier up gently.....they are not unstoppable
    I totally agree.....All we need is Anthony Smith to lay out Randy over the middle and that will slow his roll down.....The way Ike played today he looked like a top fiver corner today...He really should have had 3 INTs today....Of course there is Troy and Ryan Clark......Both can lay the boom as well....

The key to beating the Pats is always getting to Tom Brady which is very hard to do....So I'm hoping Old Dick is saving some good stuff for douche bag Brady....lol

My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    We made it through to the bye in good shape. We lead the division and we entered it on a high note.

The game against Denver should be a win on paper for us but nothing is easy at mile high. We'll have to bring our A game and step on them early because if that crowd gets going it just fires up the home team and makes it all the more difficult.

I look for the Broncos to come out and play their best football of the season against the Steelers especially after being totally humiliated by the Chargers 41-3 at Mile High.
    Not to mention that puts Denver on a 3 game losing streak.
    Denver like the Steelers are in their Bye Week and will be anxious and desperate to get a W.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    I look for the Broncos to come out and play their best football of the season against the Steelers especially after being totally humiliated by the Chargers 41-3 at Mile High. Not to mention that puts Denver on a 3 game losing streak.
    Denver like the Steelers are in their Bye Week and will be anxious and desperate to get a W.
    I agree with you that the Broncos will be ready to play after the bye week since getting their tails totally kicked by the Chargers....But Travis Henry is probably lost for a year since he had another positive drug test.......I know the Broncos are famous for making any RB a 1000 yard rusher but Henry is a big blow to them and I don't think Jay Cutler can beat the Steelers by himself.....Plus this will be the first time Cutler has faced Coach LeBeau's defense....Young QBs usually don't fair to well the first time they play against a LeBeau defense.......

So I really like the Steelers chances in Denver.......Plus everybody but McFadden should be ready to go......I think the Steelers win by double digits.....

henry wasnt just a denver system RB, the guy has some serious talent....thats gonna hurt them alot.....let the selvin young era begin lol

lets hope walker is still out, he killed us last year

My Mood
    Mad
    henry wasnt just a denver system RB, the guy has some serious talent....thats gonna hurt them alot.....let the selvin young era begin lol

lets hope walker is still out, he killed us last year
    Bring on Walker...Ike has some pay back for Javon Walker....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Bring on Walker...Ike has some pay back for Javon Walker....lol
    Agreed!!!! I can see it now late in the fourth, Denvers down by 14+ Cutlers under pressure, throws one high across the middle, Walker gets his hands on in and A-Smith pushes his wig back like he did Dueshbagzada last year... PRICELESS
    lol, in all seriousness if we get pressure on cutler its over. denver has allowed more yards and points in week after week this year starting in week 1. I dont see us putting up 42+ on them but i do see 24+
    31-9 Steelers

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If Henry doesn't play then yes that would indeed be a serious blow to their offense. Shanahan is a mastermind with the running game so he'll have somebody ready to go and it's imperative that we shut down that run and make them one dimensional because yes I agree that Cutler probably can't beat us on his own. Without a running game we can just come after him and then it would be all over.

I'm a little torqued with the 9ers right now... they had every chance to win that game but must have forgot to show up. At this point in the season the Steelers are clearly the best of the group and not just by looking at their record. When you start to breakdown each game for the other rivals they haven't done much and have not looked anything close to what they have the last couple of years. The Ravens are hanging on to barely win games and were beat by the Browns of all teams! Palmer and Johnson had their first big fight 2 weeks ago and usually once a couple has their first argument things go down hill from there plus the Bengals LB core is non existent right now.

The Steelers need to focus on one week at a time and they'll be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    First off, what a great win today and a great show of heart and character in this win today when nobody gave the Steelers a chance to win the last few days without guys like Hines,Holmes,Troy,Hampton.and McFadden. Just a great win and team effort today over those bunch of pussies and whiners in Seattle who couldnt even take the heat today at all. Everytime you saw the Seahawks bench you saw guys sitting underneath with a top over there heads next to the fans to protect themselves from the heat. You saw Hasselbeck before the game and during the game whining about how hot it was. Meanwhile, the Steelers didnt even put Seattle in the dark blue jersey's so what would they have done if they had been wearing the dark and the Steelers would have wore the whites.

Anyway aside from all that, this schedule now going into the bye week 4-1 after the bye week looks more and more winnable especially if you look at what happened today. The Broncos lost 41-3 to the Chargers at home and looked completely lost and clueless today. That's who the Steelers have next and I dont care if the game is in Denver or not the Steelers should definitely be able to take care of the Broncos after what I saw today. The Cincy game following Denver is going to be tough no doubt. I expect the Bengals to beat the Chiefs and Jets the next 2 weeks and get to 3-3 going into our game which we should be 5-1 assuming we beat Denver. So that right there is a game where if the Steelers beat Cincy can pretty much barry them in the standings and go to 6-1 and put the Bengals at 3-4. The next game will be tough against the Ravens here on Monday night who got away with another win today beating an anemic 49ers team 9-7 because Joe Nedney couldnt kick a field goal. But seeing the Ravens play the last few weeks the Steelers should definitely be able to take care of them and do it pretty easily much like they did too Seattle today. The Ravens most likely will be 5-2 going into our game with them because they play the winless Rams next week at home, and then they have to go to Buffalo which is still not very good so they should beat both of those teams and be 5-2 going into the bye week and before they play us here the first Monday night in November. The schedule after that other then the Pats and Jags the rest of the way is basically a cakewalk. The Steelers have games with the Browns, a game at the Jets, a game with the Dolphins here, and a game at St Louis in December. Those teams have a combined record of 3-17 and should pretty much all be wins. The Steelers should also beat the Bengals here as well because Cincy is still not a very good road team and the game is on a Sunday night here.

So as Ive been saying on here for weeks the only two teams in the AFC you are going to have to worry about are the Pats and Colts. Both of these teams have very tough upcoming schedules as well. The Colts have 3 of the next 4 on the road after the bye week at the Jags,at the Panthers,home to the Pats which one of them will definitely lose, and then a game at San Diego. The Colts will definitely slip at least 1 possibly 2 of these games. The Colts keep in mind also play in a very tough division now which every single team now Jacksonville,Houston,and Tennessee all have winning records. So the Colts are not gonna cakewalk through that division I dont think. The Pats have games at Dallas and Indy 2 of the next 4 weeks,and a game at Miami in between which they always seem to struggle against no matter how bad they are,and a game at home with the Redskins who are much improved. So as Ive been saying thats a tough stretch for both of those teams which Im sure both will slip 1 or 2 games. If the Steelers can take care of the Broncos and Bengals on the road the next 2 weeks and get to 6-1 with 4 of there next 5 games at home in November against teams that arent very good at all they are going to have an excellent chance as Ive been saying to be right there for a bye week and homefield advantage with the Pats and Colts come December.
    Ah, yes if, if ,if:
    IF
    If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you

But make allowance for their doubting too,

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,

If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;

If all men count with you, but none too much,

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!
    - Rudyard Kipling

... the only thing to be truly sure of , in today's NFL, is the Bye week. ( and that Madden will say "Brett Favre" at least 100 times a game, no matter whose playing)
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

Thread Information