Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willie an 'Elite' running back

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Willie an 'Elite' running back

Steelers running back Willie Parker has to be the most underrated player in the NFL. He's gained 100 yards in six of his last eight games and he made the Pro Bowl last season. However, he still gets little acclaim in a league in which he's clearly an elite runner. …

Jeffri Chadiha is a senior writer for ESPN.com.
    I agree Willie is one of the top backs in the league. Before the naysayers jump in and start bashing him consider that the Larry Johnson, LaDanian Tomlinson, Clinton Portis, Travis Henry and any other back you might consider 'elite' also have games where they are shut down. It took LT 4 games to get his first 100 yard game. Willie has had 3 of 4. Also consider that Willie has yet to bust a long run which you know he will do a few times this year. I agree with Jeffrey Chahida, Willie is way underated! If he was a #1 draftpick doing the same thing he would be getting much more good press IMO.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Willie seems to have his bad days on the road... But you can't deny the fact that he has 6 100 yard games in his last 8!

He is moving up that scale of elite, and people are starting to take note. IMO, a lot of not being recognized stems back to his college days and coming into the league as an undrafted free agent! Talk about finding a diamond in the rough especially one that wasn't abused at the college level and has many many years to come!

im to mad at the entire team minus holmes to consider anyone elite

I usually don't post in here but I saw the guys name and had to. This guy called the Patriots underrated....his definition of underrated is not the same as everyone else.
    .:Recent:.

Tailgate Coordinator
    I don't care what other sportswriters say about our team or players, we know what we have.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by RW318 View Post
    I usually don't post in here but I saw the guys name and had to. This guy called the Patriots underrated....his definition of underrated is not the same as everyone else.
    I don't know how anybody can call the Pats underrated, every media outlet on the planet has them tagged for the AFCN already

Willie is great back for us to have in this offense. He's still learning the in's and out's like everyone else and he's got to have the OL firing on all cylinders too just like any other back but when everyone is working together he is as good as it gets in the NFL.

Gold Standard
    I have said this before and I will say it again. For those of you under 35 or 40 you won't remember this guy. Willie Parker is like a carbon copy of Tony Dorsett. Same slashing running style, same break-away speed. Watch some film of Tony and you will see what I mean. Dorsett also had the break-away speed just like Willie does where if a guy missed a tackle he could take it to the house on any given play. Tony is on the Cowboys ring of honor and he is also in the pro-football HOF. And for those youngsters, Tony Dorsett was from Hopewell, PA and he played his college ball at the University of Pittsburgh. He won the Heismann Trophy in 1976 and helped his team win the national championship in the sugarbowl that year. The very next year he helped the Dallas Cowboys win the Superbowl against the Denver Broncos. If Willie can stay healthy and hungry I believe there is some space in Canton, Ohio that will someday be his.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I agree Willie is one of the top backs in the league. Before the naysayers jump in and start bashing him consider that the Larry Johnson, LaDanian Tomlinson, Clinton Portis, Travis Henry and any other back you might consider 'elite' also have games where they are shut down. It took LT 4 games to get his first 100 yard game. Willie has had 3 of 4. Also consider that Willie has yet to bust a long run which you know he will do a few times this year. I agree with Jeffrey Chahida, Willie is way underated! If he was a #1 draftpick doing the same thing he would be getting much more good press IMO.

Hell yeaj , he is a elite back! Based on stats alone! Any other backs in the league wanna step to that? Nobody wants to see his success, because everyone passed on him. Imo if he were a high draft pick in his 6th or 7th year the bandwagonneers would be tongue-wagging on him every week. But they missed it , and now welcome to Haterville , population : them.
    Buncha of sour shouldas
    Buncha of sour couldas
    Bunch of sour wouldas
    It is cool with me though, let the rest of the league keep their head in the sand on Willie!
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

Starter
    There is no question that willie is an elite back, if not the best back in the game right now. I could really see him get the rushing title this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    I don't care what other sportswriters say about our team or players, we know what we have.

Thread Information