Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury Report...10/3 Update 10/5: Ward may play; Hampton & Polamalu questionable

Bookmark and Share
    Tailgate Coordinator

Injury Report...10/3 Update 10/5: Ward may play; Hampton & Polamalu questionable

Steelers' Polamalu, Hampton to play; Ward 'day-to-day'
    Tuesday, October 02, 2007
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Safety Troy Polamalu and nose tackle Casey Hampton, the Steelers' two Pro Bowl defensive players who left Sunday's game in Arizona with injuries, will return to play against the Seattle Seahawks Sunday at Heinz Field.

"We expect both those guys to be OK,'' coach Mike Tomlin said today.

Polamalu left the game with a strained abdomen and Hampton left with a hamstring injury.

Tomlin said the only effect is they may be limited in some practices this week.

As for Hines Ward, who missed only his fourth game in 10 years with a sprained knee, Tomlin said he is "day to day.''

"He feels good,'' said Tomlin during his weekly press conference. He said he won't know until later in the week whether the wide receiver can return to action.

One who will not be back is cornerback Bryant McFadden, and it may be some time before he does return. McFadden has what is known as a high ankle sprain, an injury that typically keeps a player out a month or so. McFadden, the team's No. 3 cornerback, likely will be replaced by rookie William Gay, although fourth-year veteran Ricardo Colclough remains a possibility.

There were some previously unreported minor injuries to starters, who might miss some practice time but who will play on Sunday. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has a bruised foot that was stepped on, linebacker James Harrison has a bruised knee and cornerback Deshea Townsend had a stinger.

Also, rookie tight end Matt Spaeth, who caught two touchdown passes before he missed the past two games with a bruised thigh, will return to play.

The Steelers play the Seahawks at 1 p.m. Sunday at Heinz Field in a Super Bowl XL rematch.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07275/822273-100.stm

I'm A "Champion"

good, i hope ward can make it
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

2nd String
    we need ward in the offense if were gonna have an chance,our back ups r 2 selfish maybe if they played like santonio,an ward they would b starting!!!!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Not too bad. I wish McFadden would be back sooner, but I rather have him out than Polamalu.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07276...?cmpid=HBEHTML

McFadden doubtful with high ankle sprain
    Wednesday, October 03, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Safety Troy Polamalu and nose tackle Casey Hampton, the Steelers' two defensive Pro Bowl players who left Sunday's game in Arizona with injuries, will return to play against the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday at Heinz Field.

"We expect both those guys to be OK," coach Mike Tomlin said yesterday.

Polamalu left the game with a strained abdomen and Hampton left with a hamsting injury.

Tomlin said the only effect is they may be limited in some practices this week.

There also was better news on Hines Ward's knee sprain, which caused him to miss only his fourth game in 10 years.

"He had a good day of rehab yesterday," Tomlin said. "I spoke with him, he feels good, but we will take that day to day and see where he is. We'll do what is smart in that area. That decision will be determined later in the week."

One player who will not be back is cornerback Bryant McFadden, and it may be some time before he does return. McFadden has a high ankle sprain, an injury that typically keeps a player out a month or so, although Tomlin called him "doubtful" for Sunday's game.

McFadden, the team's No. 3 cornerback, likely will be replaced by rookie William Gay, although fourth-year veteran Ricardo Colclough remains a possibility.

Chris Hoke, Hampton's backup, also will play this week. He left late in Sunday's game with an ankle injury.

Previously unreported minor injuries to starters might cause them to miss some practice, but they are expected to play Sunday. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has a bruised foot that was stepped on, linebacker James Harrison has a bruised knee and cornerback Deshea Townsend had a stinger that knocked him temporarily out of the game in Arizona.

Also, rookie Matt Spaeth, who caught two touchdown passes before he missed the past two games with a bruised thigh, will return to action.
    This is good that most of our players are returning from their injuries, whew ! McFadden being out does worry me because if Deshea or Taylor go down we'll be in trouble. It is good though that hopefully Gay gets some good on field opportunities.

My Mood
    Smokin
    good news

Thanks for the sig Flea

I saw this on my FF site. :
    News: Steelers safety Troy Polamalu and nose tackle Casey Hampton, forced out of the Arizona game with injuries, are expected to play Sunday against Seattle. While Polamalu and Hampton couldn't finish the Steelers' 21-14 loss to the Cardinals, Tomlin did not initially list them when he reviewed the team's injuries at his weekly news conference. "We expect these guys to be OK," Tomlin said

Glad to hear this! I see after reading some of the other posts, that most everyone elses intel is pretty good and a lot quicker than mine!!
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtaingal View Post
    good, i hope ward can make it
    I have heard that he probably won't play until after the bye. He said he would love to and if he's a 100% he will but he is also looking at the big picture and would like to be there at the end of the season!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    One who will not be back is cornerback Bryant McFadden, and it may be some time before he does return. McFadden has what is known as a high ankle sprain, an injury that typically keeps a player out a month or so. McFadden, the team's No. 3 cornerback, likely will be replaced by rookie William Gay, although fourth-year veteran Ricardo Colclough remains a possibility.
    Let's just hope they don't get a bright idea and have Colclough returning punts!

McFadden is going to be a huge loss because he has really come on strong lately... Good to see Troy and Big Hamp back as well. Hampton controls that front line and without him the defense is not the same... plus missing a Troy is a big deal too!!!

william gay isnt a bad guy to have on the field.....all we've ever seen the guy do is make big plays since day one lol

great another fun filled day of nate and that ***** *** mother****** wilson

Thread Information