Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm not throwing in the Terrible Towel !

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

I'm not throwing in the Terrible Towel !

I can't believe some of you people here I mean you'd think we just lost the super bowl or something. It's only 1 game and we aren't the same team as last year. Everybody knew it was going to be a time of adjustment and things that we need to work through. Yeah so we were spoiled by a 3-0 start, now we lose 1 game and all of the sudden we're this terrible team ???

If BC were still coaching then I'd have reason to be concerned but this is Tomlin now and a new staff mostly. These guys aren't just going to say, oh well we can't handle the pressure from the blitz so we're just going to give up.

The offensive line needs work, yes, but it's not like it's beyond repair here. Facing 3 teams with a sub par front 7 was a lot different than facing a team that was going to blitz every single play. They weren't ready for that kind of pressure but now that they know other teams will be doing it they can adjust and game play accordingly.

DSep is awesome, this kid bailed us out of nearly every bad situation we put ourselves in yesterday. He was booming kicks left and right, he's got my vote for a pro bowl punter. He's worth every bit of that 4th round pick and we are lucky to have a kid with such a strong leg that can average well over 50 yds per punt with pressure coming right at him and directional kick as well. He's only going to get better.

Parker goes as the OL goes. You can't put this loss on him either. The Cards spent the entire day yesterday in our backfield and Willie was stopped before he ever got going most of the plays.

Ben will be fine, again the OL dictates how well Ben is going to do. Ben is more nimble and has more escapability than most of us might have realized yesterday and it's a good thing too or things would have been a lot worse.

The injuries hurt us big time on defense but even through all of those we only gave up 2 TD's which aint all that bad. Our defense is fine, our secondary is fine but they do need to get healthy because we were scraping the barrel for bodies yesterday all over the place in the 2nd half. Ike is coming on very well and Im happy with him.

I could do go on and on but I think we all need to just take a deep breath here, it's only week 5 and these aren't Bill Cowher's Steelers. You can't fix 15 years in just 4 weeks into a season so some things will take longer to get ironed out, it's just how it is.

I agree. its not time to give up on our team!
    Last edited by steelcurtaingal; 10-01-2007 at 01:51 PM.
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

My Mood
    Smokin
    The game was disappointing....but it was only one game...there are alot more games to go.... and hopefully after next weeks game everyone will be happy again...

Thanks for the sig Flea

Rookie Free Agent
    Putrid performance big test this week against a much better def

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I'm far from giving up and thats I'm not really that upset over the loss....The Cards out played and its that simple...Time to go back to the drawing board and get ready for the Seahawks.....
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 10-01-2007 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I'm far from giving and thats I'm not really that upset over the loss....The Cards out played and its that simple...Time to go back to the drawing board and get ready for the Seahawks.....
    which we better win, just cause i want to remind them why we brought home the lombardi trophy.
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    when you lose to a scrub *** team like the cards it's hard to be optimistic about losing........... our oline sucks *** and unless we are playing the bills and browns from here on out we could be in trouble
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The Cards are 2-2 and really have been in all of there games this year...They're far from a scrub *** team....Their defense played good yesterday...Give the Cards some credit....I knew the game wasn't going to be a cake walk and it was a trap game...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    they are a scrub *** team, they couldn't beat the scrub *** niners, they couldn't beat the scrub *** ravens......... they beat teh seahawks, but they are kinda scrubs too............ yeah they out played us, but our oline is filled up with scrubs

and any team that has to use a two qb system means they are scrubs, and they didn't even have boldin............. kinda makes me feel like we are scrubs too.........thank god we play in the afc north
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The Cards are 2-2 and really have been in all of there games this year...They're far from a scrub *** team....Their defense played good yesterday...Give the Cards some credit....I knew the game wasn't going to be a cake walk and it was a trap game...
    It's funny to look back at the 3 teams that we beat so far and then see how much they've improved. People say we haven't played anyone yet those teams that we played are suddenly playing well so something doesn't jive here

Thread Information