Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers really miss the chance to put a strangle hold on this division today...

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Clowns

Steelers really miss the chance to put a strangle hold on this division today...

With this loss in Arizona. And while we all knew they were going to lose at some point, and this is by no means a devistating loss it just sucks because you knew Baltimore lost today to Cleveland and fell to 2-2 and you know Cincy has the Pats tomorrow night which they will probably lose to as well. So the Steelers really missed a chance to be 2 games up on the Ravens and Browns and possibly even 3 games on the Bengals if they would have won this game today. The Steelers were 4 yards away I believe from victory today if they punch that ball in the end zone after the Warner fumble. Ben had no business throwing that ball to Miller in double coverage on 3rd down there. The play calling on those 3 plays down there was just god awful and I really believe it costs us the ballgame in the end, because if the Steelers could have gone up 14-7 there going into the 4th with the momentum I really think they could have taken control of the game and did somethings a lot differently. However, that turnover took place and they werent able to do so.

The bottom line is the Steelers are still sitting at top of the division going into October at 3-1 heading into a big game at home next week against Seattle. It will be very important for the Steelers to win that game here next week going into the bye week. After the bye week we face a tough 2 games stretch on the road at Denver and Cincy. If the Steelers can get through these next 3 games at 2-1 and be 5-2 heading into October with that stretch of 4 of 5 at home coming up in November they are going to be in very good shape still to not only win the division but compete for a bye week and homefield in the playoffs. Baltimore and Cleveland have very tough games on the road at New England and San Francisco, while Cincy is off next week and has to play at Kansas City following the bye week who is playing very well now and plays very good at home.

So the opportunity is still there with a win at home next week versus Seattle to be up by 2 games on everybody in the division based on the schedule next week. Baltimore is already 0-2 in the division as well which is not going to do them any favors down the line especially with there schedule,and the Browns are still the Browns and still wont compete in this division I think in the long run. Still a lot of winnable games left on this schedule for the Steelers for sure. Browns,Miami,Jets,Rams,Jags,Ravens,and even Cincy and Denver. The Steelers I think will be fine but it just really stinks to know that they could have really grabbed this division by the throat today had they won that game in Zona and gone to 4-0. Hopefully Troy,BMac,Hines,and Hampton are all ok and they can bounce back and beat Seattle here at Heinz Field next week in a rematch of Super Bowl XL. I expect them to do just that and this team will be fine.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was waiting for your post to come up tonight after the game

This is what really irks me about this loss was that we had a chance to go up big in the division especially with the way things are shaking out in the AFCN here in the first 1/4 of the season. To be 2 games up going into a homegame would have been prime especially considering the upcoming schedule of the rest of the division next week.

All we can do now is get back to work and get healthy because we have got to win next week IMO. Obviously all is not lost after just 1 game and if there was a game to lose it's an out of conference game like this one. We have the 'hawks coming in next week at home and this is the perfect chance to go up in the division and put a good lead on them if things shake out like we hope.

Right now there are indeed very winable games after the bye but you can bet that teams will be looking at this tape right now and saying to themselves, "hey if we just blitz the hell out of the Steelers their OL won't be able to handle it" so we better sure that up in a big way because it ain't getting any easier.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I agree it sucks to not be able to be up 2 full games on the Ravens and Browns and 3 games most likely on the Bengals after tomorrow when they lose to the Pats. Like I said we could have really grabbed this division by the throat had we won this game today going into a home game next week against Seattle. I still think this division is ours to lose at this point. The Ravens look very bad especially on offense and there defense looks bad as well giving up a lot of yards the last 2 weeks. The Browns while they have improved are still not ready I think to take the next step, and will continue to lose there share of games the rest of the way. Plus, we have them here at home again which should definitely be a win. And the Bengals are going to continue to struggle and lose games because there defense is just horrific. So like I said if you combine our schedule with the Ravens and Bengals and the way the Steelers are playing compared to those 2 teams the Steelers clearly are still in very very good shape. There is a lot of panic going on Im noticing on this message board, and on the steelers website. People just need to relax and settle down I think. This team is still in a lot better shape then it was a year ago this time. They are 3-1 as compared to 1-3 and on top of the division, with a much easier schedule down the road as opposed to last year. The Steelers do have to get better in a lot of areas I definitely agree there and I think they will do just that. But people need to understand you cant go completely insane and go crazy everytime the team loses one damn game. Things just didnt work out today in all phases of the game. I wish Tomlin would have challenged the spot on the Leinart sneak on 4th and 1 because I clearly think that he was short. But it was just one of those days where nothing really went our way. Its early on in the year, and there are too many games left here the rest of the way for this Steelers team to sit there and dwell on this loss. This Steelers team is going to be just fine and they will bounce back I think in a big way next week here at home against the Seahawks. They are still clearly at this point the best team in this division and when all is said and done I still think come December like I been saying based on the way this team has been playing and the schedule the rest of the way, the Steelers are going to be in very good shape to compete for not only this division title but a bye week and homefield advantage with the Colts and the Pats. Both of those teams will lose some games too down the line and the Steelers will be able to get this one back.

THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!! WE LET THEM OFF THE HOOK!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ok Denny.... oh wait, I thought you're name was Kyle

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The browns are riding on emotion at this point but that can only carry you so far. They ran a track meet with the Bengals who have no defense. They loss to a Raiders team that is inconsistent at best right now even if they did have a name game today, and they beat a Ratbird team that clearly is overrated and Jamal was ready for a big game against his old team. They aren't there yet and their defense will be their downfall once again.

The Bengals can score points as well as anybody but their Defense can't stop anybody. When they play tomorrow night it won't be a race to 50 points and their defense won't be able to stop Brady and company.

The Rats are as overrated as I ever saw them. Their Defense is average at best right now and their offense is so inconsistent that they can't get out of their own way long enough to pull out the win without giving it away. They should have lost last week to the Cards too.

This division is ours to take if we play the way we're capable of.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    we are in by far the weakest division in the nfl, if we lose the division, we might as well blow up this aging team and start all over
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    we are in by far the weakest division in the nfl, if we lose the division, we might as well blow up this aging team and start all over
    Koop....... Come on the AFC North isn't even close to the weakest division in the NFL....Dude I'm sorry but what are you smoking?..... How about the AFC Least?.........

Pats 3-0
    Bills-1-3
    Jets-1-3
    Dolphins-0-4

Sorry but thats by far the worst division in the NFL.......

Plus the AFC West isn't much better.....

Broncos-2-2
    Chiefs-2-2
    Raiders-2-2
    Chargers-1-3

Then there is the tough NFC South...lol

The sorry *** Bucs are leading that division......lol

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Koop....... Come on the AFC North isn't even close to the weakest division in the NFL....Dude I'm sorry but what are you smoking?..... How about the AFC Least?.........

Pats 3-0
    Bills-1-3
    Jets-1-3
    Dolphins-0-4

l
    pats could clinch by week 7 lol

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    pats could clinch by week 7 lol

I think the Pats will be the only team over 500 in the AFC Least......The Jets and Bills are 7 win teams at best........

Thread Information