Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben is a gunslinger so we better get used to it !!!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation Ben is a gunslinger so we better get used to it !!!

Let's not get crazy here people with saying Ben is as bad as last year, he can't do this and he can't do that. This kid is a gunslinger and he's going to force the issue no matter what. Even when the protection is good Ben is fearless and isn't afraid to try and squeeze it in. We are different team than last year and this offense can work if it's run right and I know Ben can lead us.

Having said that yes he needs to learn when and where to do it and learn to see the field more but Ben is a lot like Brett Favre; yes I said that because I think he is. Now he's not on Favre's level yet by any means but he has the same mentality that Brett has with the ball. He's not afraid to force the issue and he relies on his receivers to make plays and expects them to there and in the right spot when they are called upon.

Again, Im not saying Big Ben is Favre just yet by any means, he still has a long way to go but let's not get crazy here and start saying Ben can't do this and can't do that. He is still young and learning how to be a great QB and that takes time but I know he can do it and he's got the right attitude. He needs the help of his offensive line and when he doesn't get it he is going to force the issue even more to help carry the team. That's just how it is so we all better get used to it.

It could be worse, we could have Tommy or Kordell again.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Let's not get crazy here people with saying Ben is as bad as last year, he can't do this and he can't do that. This kid is a gunslinger and he's going to force the issue no matter what. Even when the protection is good Ben is fearless and isn't afraid to try and squeeze it in. We are different team than last year and this offense can work if it's run right and I know Ben can lead us.

Having said that yes he needs to learn when and where to do it and learn to see the field more but Ben is a lot like Brett Favre; yes I said that because I think he is. Now he's not on Favre's level yet by any means but he has the same mentality that Brett has with the ball. He's not afraid to force the issue and he relies on his receivers to make plays and expects them to there and in the right spot when they are called upon.

Again, Im not saying Big Ben is Favre just yet by any means, he still has a long way to go but let's not get crazy here and start saying Ben can't do this and can't do that. He is still young and learning how to be a great QB and that takes time but I know he can do it and he's got the right attitude. He needs the help of his offensive line and when he doesn't get it he is going to force the issue even more to help carry the team. That's just how it is so we all better get used to it.

Top, I don't blame Ben at all for yesterday....A blind man could see that Ben didn't have the time to do jack...How many sacks did Ben escape from yesterday? Plus I'm usually one of the hardest fans on Ben...lol I'm very happy with his play this year....I just look at the time a Tom Brady or a Peyton Manning has in the pocket and I just wonder what Ben could do if given the time....Plus to have WRs that could just run basic routes and have some field awareness would be nice to....Besides Miller or Holmes Ben didn't get much help yesterday......We need a healthy Hines big time....Plus a healthy Matt Spaeth would be great to...I think Nate and Ced need to get their acts together quick......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah the lack of weapons combined with a lack of protection spelled disaster yesterday. I really wanted to see Nate step up and be counted on. This is what, his 4th year and he still looks just as lost as the day he came to the team. He runs wrong routes, doesn't look for the ball, drops clutch passes, it's just something we can't have so we need to get Spaeth and HInes back healthy and quick.

dude hes always had that mentality and he always will, he did not force stuff as much as it looked yesterday. He had alot of perfect ****ing passes that not everyone could make its just cedric and nate are ****ing retards....an to think, wilson gets PAID 2 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.

you guys knocke ben way to much, he had a solid game, made good throws, was elusive as **** and pretty much was on his own

He is a gunslinger, and hes not peyton or brady. and i am glad, i hate the both of them. I like Ben's style, and hes way better than kordell or maddox
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    dude hes always had that mentality and he always will, he did not force stuff as much as it looked yesterday. He had alot of perfect ****ing passes that not everyone could make its just cedric and nate are ****ing retards....an to think, wilson gets PAID 2 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.

you guys knocke ben way to much, he had a solid game, made good throws, was elusive as **** and pretty much was on his own
    He was on his own yesterday, he had zero blocking to help and no running game. He did make some decisions that made me go but that's just par for the course with him. He needs to continue to get better in that area and see the entire field as well as not hang that ball out so much when he's getting sacked though.

I will say Ben did a good job of going through his receivers and finding the check down guy. You could watch his head and see him looking at all the routes then dumping it off... I think he's seeing the field just fine.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post

I love that post, that is something I have started to see this year, Ben really does remind me of favre, he has the ability to make something out of nothing. I actually like what I saw from him yesterday, lets face it the first pick wasn't really because his throw was horrible, and the second probably had alot to do with the fact that he needed to make something happen very fast, and if the running game had been going, then maybe we wouldn't have had to play catch up, this should have been our game

My Mood
    Angry
    Ben needs to be a Sharpshooter first before he thinks about being a Gunslinger!
    Watching Ben laugh off bad throws and/or interceptions makes me want to kick in the television screen.
    Watching Ben run around waiting for the coveage to break down.....hopeing to make a big play rather than running it himself, throwing it away or simply getting down makes me wonder how much he's learned after year 4 in the NFL???

Ive always said that the Kid is an athlete that plays QB as opposed to being a true Qb in terms of being an accurate, pure passer and 'cerebral' field general.

And as such it caters to this 'strength' on his part for plays to break down and go 'backyard'. This was very evident in terms of his early success in his rookie season.

But with that said,...does he have the physical talent to become the elite QB that many falsely give him credit for now ? (Mostly as a matter of 'homerism')

Yes,....In my opinion he does.But i think the true question is,...does he posses the mental acumen, will and character to do so ?

We shall see.

Thread Information