Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers really miss the chance to put a strangle hold on this division today...

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    lol k-train we let them off the hook, also i think pittsburgh (ben) really needed this 2 happen i thought they were an focused group but i c we have an problem with staying focused on the task at hand, it's better that it happen now than later, now i want 2 c how mike will have them bounce back,pittsburgh has 2 know teams will b lookn at this game an mimicking the cards d.pittsburgh has 2 adjust!!!

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Its like I been saying with as bad as the East and West divisions in the AFC are as long as the Steelers can take care of there own business on this schedule which still has sooo many winnable games left, they are going to be right there with the Pats and Colts for a shot to compete for a top 2 seed.

The only real threats right now in the AFC are the Pats and Colts. Nobody in that West is for real. The Broncos might be the best team right now but they are average at best and are very very inconsistent, San Diego has completely fallen apart under Norv Turner starting out 1-3, and KC and Oakland despite back to back wins arent going anywhere this year. Nobody accept for the Pats in the East will even have a shot to sniff the playoffs I believe. The AFC South looks pretty good at this point with the Colts obviously 4-0,Tennessee playing well with Vince Young at 2-1,the Jags surprising at 2-1,and Houston who is 2-2 but took a big step back today by losing to the Falcons.And then there is our division with the Ravens who have big problems at QB still and are struggling on defense, Cincy who is going to continue to struggle on defense it appears all season long, and the Browns who are just not good enough yet I dont think to win on a week to week basis. So if you look at it that way the only two teams you need to focus on in the AFC realistically are the Pats and Colts. If you compare the Steelers schedule with both of there schedules the Steelers have just a good of a shot to win as many games I think as both the Pats and Colts do. The Colts and Pats play each other this year as well so one of them will lose at least once there as well. Keep in mind Steelers still have a game to play with the Pats head to head where they will have an opportunity to beat them and win the tiebraker, they also have games left with Miami,Jets,Rams, and the Browns who have a combined record of 3-13 , the Ravens twice who dont look very good at all, Cincy twice who we know we will at least split with at the very worst,Denver on the road who is very inconsistent and looks very beatable. And the Seahawks and Jags at home who both are good teams but both can be had especially coming into Heinz Field.

The Steelers still are in very good shape and trust me in a few weeks I believe nobody will be talking about this loss at all especially come later on in the year. It really really helps like I said in my other posts that this is an NFC loss and not a conference loss. You would much rather beat the Broncos in a few weeks in Denver which will count in head to head wins and in the conference later on in the year, as opposed to beating Arizona and losing to Denver and having one more loss in the conference. Trust me this will all work itself out in the upcoming weeks ahead. This Steelers team is in great shape going into these last 12 games of the season heading into October next week.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Just frustrates the hell out of me that we did not win and take a two game lead. It would have been great to get out of the gate like that.

My Mood
    Smokin
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosdo View Post
    Just frustrates the hell out of me that we did not win and take a two game lead. It would have been great to get out of the gate like that.

Thanks for the sig Flea

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I knew we wouldn`t go undefeated, but I also know you need wins against teams like the cards!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Tailgate Coordinator
    The INT and the Punt return were the killers.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Steelers still are in very good shape and trust me in a few weeks I believe nobody will be talking about this loss at all especially come later on in the year. It really really helps like I said in my other posts that this is an NFC loss and not a conference loss. You would much rather beat the Broncos in a few weeks in Denver which will count in head to head wins and in the conference later on in the year, as opposed to beating Arizona and losing to Denver and having one more loss in the conference. Trust me this will all work itself out in the upcoming weeks ahead. This Steelers team is in great shape going into these last 12 games of the season heading into October next week.
    After what happened last year and how bad we started out, and then to be in the playoff race right up until the last couple weeks of the season...anything is possible. We're in tough conference and the division right now is ours for the taking. We control our own destiny if we keep winning. It's only October now and there's a long way to go but we have the chance to set ourselves up very nicely. We took care of business in Sept going 3-1. 4-0 would have been better but it is what it is. Now we have another 4 week season coming up and week starts this sunday with a HUGE game against the Hawks that we need !

Thread Information