Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Well, for what it's worth,......

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Waterboy SteelCzar76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26

    Well, for what it's worth,......

    It appears that the recipe for today's "Two gun Pancho villa style clusterf#ck" in the desert was comprised of (as mentioned before),...familiarity, familiarity, familiarity.

    Whiz and Grimm's familiarity with not only our blocking scheme,..but with our glorified 'backyard football' Qb, sub par corners, lack of actual talent in terms of depth at receiver. And suspect special teams coverage.

    Now add that to Hines and Troy being on the sidelines, along with the Cards actually having more quality players in terms of the number of actual studs in terms of their football lives since childhood,(as oppossed to our bargain basement roster),.....and them playing "out of body" in light of the importance of this win for their coach,.....and you have today's result.

    There is a great deal more football to be played this year. But i'm really having a hard time seeing how we overcome our considerable shortcomings offensively as a whole and in our secondary when it's crunchtime in the playoffs against teams that truly can and will take advantage of as much.

  2. #2
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    going to the playoffs will be pointless, it will only **** up our draft posistion lol........... no one in the afc is on the level of the pats or colts, so it would just be pointless for us to go.........but i hope we win the division just to shove it in the most overrated coach in the history of sports cowhers face.....
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  3. #3
    Waterboy SteelCzar76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    going to the playoffs will be pointless, it will only **** up our draft posistion lol........... no one in the afc is on the level of the pats or colts, so it would just be pointless for us to go.........but i hope we win the division just to shove it in the most overrated coach in the history of sports cowhers face.....

    Making the playoffs at the VERY least is always the point Koop. And the Pats and Colts can be be beaten as any other team in the league. And there is nothing about Coach Cowher's tenure as our Coach or his ability that was ever overrated. He went above and beyond the call of duty especially in light of what he had to "work with" (in terms of personnel),...in regards to maximizing our productivity.

  4. #4
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    all that matters is the super bowl or teh season is a failure, and he had many legit chances to win it and we failed cause of his coaching, it wasn't until he let his coordinators do their job that we finally won it............his nice regualr season record doesn't mean **** to me
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  5. #5
    2nd String okiesteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    961
    I think Cowher was a great coach for us, and yes some of the games you can blame cowher for, but others of the early loses and exits from the playoffs and the superbowl against the cowboys can not be blamed on him. It does frustrate me that we were unable to do anything against the cardinals today, however at least the others in the division have done crap today, and if our special teams, which have been far from special for years could have done **** today, we had it won, and how do you get the ball on the 4 and not come away with at least a FG?

  6. #6
    Waterboy SteelCzar76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    all that matters is the super bowl or teh season is a failure, and he had many legit chances to win it and we failed cause of his coaching, it wasn't until he let his coordinators do their job that we finally won it............his nice regualr season record doesn't mean shiat to me

    I understand your perspective lil homey. But if memory serves me correctly i don't remember Coach Cowher being on the field giving us the "banana in the tailpipe" in terms of fumbling, throwing picks, and making the very poor decisions passing that Neil, Tinkerbell (Kordell) and Ben (against the Pats in the title game) did ?

  7. #7
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    but it was his run run run punt style of coaching that made us so predictable that's why it was so easy for them to pick off our qb's and **** like that
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  8. #8
    Waterboy SteelCzar76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    but it was his run run run punt style of coaching that made us so predictable that's why it was so easy for them to pick off our qb's and shiat like that

    Tou'che Koop. But hey,... if you as a coach knew in your heart of hearts that your QB's were indeed your unit's Achilles heals. (No matter what you said to John Q public)

    Would you not make some attempt to protect the team and those prospective QB's from themselves ? (in terms of 'management')

  9. #9
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    C-TOWN, OHIO
    Posts
    688
    i'm with u koopa bill coward is an overated pig!!!! our age as an team is catching up with us

  10. #10
    Ambridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dale City, Virginia
    Posts
    1,212
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
    It appears that the recipe for today's "Two gun Pancho villa style clusterf#ck" in the desert was comprised of (as mentioned before),...familiarity, familiarity, familiarity.

    Whiz and Grimm's familiarity with not only our blocking scheme,..but with our glorified 'backyard football' Qb, sub par corners, lack of actual talent in terms of depth at receiver. And suspect special teams coverage.

    Now add that to Hines and Troy being on the sidelines, along with the Cards actually having more quality players in terms of the number of actual studs in terms of their football lives since childhood,(as oppossed to our bargain basement roster),.....and them playing "out of body" in light of the importance of this win for their coach,.....and you have today's result.

    There is a great deal more football to be played this year. But i'm really having a hard time seeing how we overcome our considerable shortcomings offensively as a whole and in our secondary when it's crunchtime in the playoffs against teams that truly can and will take advantage of as much.
    I'm totally convinced now that the "Experiment" called the "Bruce Arians-Offense" is a complete SHAM.
    I figured it would take the Ravens or Pats to expose the Steelers Offense for what it is which an un-organized system of high school plays that makes Mike Mularkey's playbook look like a manual for Astro-Physics.

    Shame on the Steelers for that debacle in the desert but it was bound to happen sooner or later.......sorry guys!!!.......no Buffalo's-Cleveland's or 49ers this week.

    Hey Ben!! Your former coach made you look like a complete jackass today.
    He knew that you'd throw a pick or two and play like hell if you were put in press situations......not to mention throwing in your over inflated opinion of your QB abilities.

    If I didn't know any better the Steelers played like Cowher was still on the sidelines today.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers' Davenport gets his money's worth
    By SteelersWoman in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 01:19 PM
  2. Is Charles Johnson worth top 15?
    By Captcoolhand in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 07:19 PM
  3. Spencer: what position would he be worth picking in?
    By BlackGold4vr in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 11:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •