Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vernon Davis "catch" thread on 49ers.com

Bookmark and Share

Vernon Davis "catch" thread on 49ers.com

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard...ad.php?t=34974

Thought some of you might be interesed in this thread that is transpiring over on 49ers.com. They just watched the NFL ref explain the ruling...

Tailgate Coordinator
    OK, I say if it is ruled a catch, then it was a fumble.

I'm A "Champion"

I didn't see the play. I am interested right to though. They are pretty fired up about it on that site.

My Hawks got a really lucky call that the Bengals should have a big gripe about. When Hasselbeck was doing the 2 minute drill in the 4th, he caught his own tipped pass. Then lost the ball when he hit the ground. Could have been called a fumble that was recovered by Cincinatti. Probably should have been called a 10 yard loss. But it was called an incomplete pass. Sucks for the Bengals, but I'll take em when we can get em.

he caught it and was down by contact when it came out i thought, if not then it was either a fumble or a "tipped" ball and thus being an interception, since it never hit the ground, an incomplete pass was the worst call they could have made. The actual cal was "his second foot barely touched the ground" who the **** cares what barely touched....thats not an acceptable measure of a catch,. it was just a ****ed up play and when it was ruled incomplete after the challenge tomlin shouldve challeged that because he would be challenging something completly different so it wouldnt matter if they realized their previous **** up

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    it was just a ****ed up play and when it was ruled incomplete after the challenge tomlin shouldve challeged that because he would be challenging something completly different so it wouldnt matter if they realized their previous **** up
    Has that ever been done? I figure at that point there is no way they would change the call, for pride's sake if nothing else.

who know, but he shouldve because it would have made him look like a genius and the refs look like bigger retards when they explain it the second time. its not like it changed the outcome of the game and davis got ****ing wrecked on the play anyway

2nd String
    even if it was an catch the fact is that it was an make up call because the steelers got dick out of the miller catch so san fran fans get over it u still r 2-1 an were 3-0 on our way 2 4-0!!!!!!

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Believer View Post
    I didn't see the play. I am interested right to though. They are pretty fired up about it on that site.

My Hawks got a really lucky call that the Bengals should have a big gripe about. When Hasselbeck was doing the 2 minute drill in the 4th, he caught his own tipped pass. Then lost the ball when he hit the ground. Could have been called a fumble that was recovered by Cincinatti. Probably should have been called a 10 yard loss. But it was called an incomplete pass. Sucks for the Bengals, but I'll take em when we can get em.

I thought it became illegal once Hasselback caught his own pass?

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    They have a right to be upset, but damn if we flipped out like that everyone we got a BS call that didn't go our way we'd be doing nothing but complaining all week !! The NFL refs suck for the most part, they blow calls all the time, replay obviously doesn't help enough and you can't challenge half the stuff you should be able too.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    The refs botch plays all the time, its up to the players to overcome that, get over it and keep playing hard. If we would've rolled over against Indy (2005 playoffs), well enough said.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information