Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vernon Davis "catch" thread on 49ers.com

Bookmark and Share
    I honestly beleive the call was the wrong call. However, good teams over come bad calls. EVERY team in the NFL has had calls go against them. It doesn't do anyone any good to have a 13 page thread on the message boards it's not going to change it...get over and move on. Even if that call went their way...doesn't mean they would have scored a TD and even if they did it would not have made a difference...they needed a few more!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    After watching this again on a reply of total access and really looking at it. The official ruling that because Vernon Davis was contacted by Troy before the 2nd foot hit the ground, the receiver must control the ball when he hits the ground or it's an imcomplete pass in this case because the nose of the ball hit the ground before he was able to establish control. Basically that Troy caused his 2nd foot to hit the turf when he tackled him doesn't demonstrate control.

That was a new one to me but I see what they are saying. It's definitely a technicality that most fans wouldn't have known about..but that statement of "barely" touched the ground didn't help any.

"Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    After watching this again on a reply of total access and really looking at it. The official ruling that because Vernon Davis was contacted by Troy before the 2nd foot hit the ground, the receiver must control the ball when he hits the ground or it's an imcomplete pass in this case because the nose of the ball hit the ground before he was able to establish control. Basically that Troy caused his 2nd foot to hit the turf when he tackled him doesn't demonstrate control.

That was a new one to me but I see what they are saying. It's definitely a technicality that most fans wouldn't have known about..but that statement of "barely" touched the ground didn't help any.
    Just saw this on NFLNetwork too. I thought if 2 feet were down it was a catch also but obviously not if your foot is forced down! That's another gay rule in the NFL. AND believe me, I'm a Stillers fan too and I thought it sucked

heh... the game is over nothing can be done about it, they need to wipe away the tears and focus on their next opponent.

I thought it was a catch and he was down by contact but I'm not a ref and it's not my job to make those calls. I did think the Steelers should have challenged that since it was incomplete that they intercepted the ball because I'm still not positive the ball ever touched the ground!

Oh well.. on to week #4!

Im not like this but san fran fans can **** off i lost all respect for them

But its not like it would of changed the outcome of the game they lost plain and simply...

Are they gonna whine about this all year. Its done and over with, get over it already.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Are they gonna whine about this all year. Its done and over with, get over it already.
    look how long the Sea chickens cried after we beat them

At the end of the day some of these calls go your way some don't.
    Millers catch inside the 10 was a catch but the defender pushed through miller before he could get his 2nd foot down, and it was ruled incomplete, so hey both the Steelers AND the niners got bad calls in this game.
    I think Millers catch was good, as was VD's but both were called differently.

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Quote Originally Posted by Some stupid *** on the 9ers board
    especially since it looks like Palomalu initiated his dive before VD was even turned around. I mean, VD immediated turned, and BOOM, his legs go out. I have to think Palomalu was already headed for the backs of VD's knees, which could have ended his career. cheap shot artist.
    lmfao. yeah, hes the biggest cheap shot artist the game has ever seen, Conrad Dobler passed the torch to Troy.

Bunch of stupid ****s who are going to complain all ****ing year about a play they will say "ruined their entire season." Maybe they need to know their team actually SUCKS.

Thread Information