Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stats Say Steelers a Near Lock for Playoffs

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed

Stats Say Steelers a Near Lock for Playoffs

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/

If you've been taking a wait and see attitude about the Steelers start, Football Outsiders is saying that it's OK to start dreaming. According to their new playoff odds report, the Steelers have a 94.1 percent chance of making the playoffs and more than a 35 percent chance of finishing the regular season as the top seed in the AFC.

To make the report, the programmers ran 5,000 seasons of games, based on each team's current DAVE rating (the rating FO gives teams based on their performance in the first three games combined with their preseason projection). The guys over at FO will admit that a couple of games from now the ratings will be a lot more accurate, but they seem pretty confident in the projections already. And if there projections are accurate in any way, Steelers fans are in for a fun season.

FO projects the Steelers to go 12-4 and even gives them a 1 percent chance of going 16-0, better than the Patriots chances because of the Steelers easier schedule (the AFC North plays the NFC West while the AFC East plays the tougher NFC East).

Now I wouldn't go rush to Vegas to put money down on the Steelers just yet, I still want to see what Pittsburgh does against a top-notch passing offense (something they haven't faced in the first three weeks), but it's hard to not start dreaming about what could be.

I like their chances... we'll have to check this site out in a couple of weeks and see how the numbers are then!

great read

that's great to hear. I just don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves!!!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    1 game at a time

Tailgate Coordinator
    Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early, I'll wait and see how we do after the bye week games.

I'm A "Champion"

2nd String
    IF THEY STAY FOCUSED THEY CAN B 12-4 N THE PLAYOFFS LIKE I SAID WAY BACK N O.T.A.'S LOL NAW REALLY I THOUGHT THAT IF THEY CAME 2 PLAY LIKE I KNEW THEY COULD THEY SHOULD B 12-4 AN MIKE TOMLIN WILL B THE 1ST ROOKIE COACH 2 WIN AN SUPERBOWL

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    We're still in Sept, to early to be high fivin and patting ourselves on the back. We've blown out 3 weak teams (which is what we're supposed to do), we still got the North teams to play, who always play us tough (except the shitstains )

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Gold Standard
    I agree with all of these posts that it is way too early to begin patting ourselves on the back. However I have noted that 2007 Steeler's team is doing what the good teams are supposed to do against lesser teams. They are putting them away! This is something that Cowher led teams were not as good at doing IMO. I can remember many games where Cowhers teams tended to play down to the level of their opponents and give those teams a chance to beat us in the 4th quarter. I believe that I have the answer to why that is not happening with this Tomlin coached team, he hold's them accountable for all of their play from opening whistle to final gun. He calls players out in the film room following the games when they blow assignments even when they win the game. He has successfully conveyed to each and every player that they are competing for their right to play in each game and in each practice. There is no cruise control for starters to rest on their laurels of past performances. With a few exceptions like Ben, Willie, Troy, Faneca and Casey most of the other players have back-ups nipping at their heels. Tomlin has managed to create a healthy competitive environment that encourages players to play and practice hard and compete for playing time. I believe that this is the reason that we don't see this team letting up on the throttle at the end of games when we are way ahead. I like what coach Tomlin has brought to this team!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Reppin' 724
    3-0 does not = playoffs....

Thread Information