Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mcbeam Missing!

Bookmark and Share

Mcbeam Missing!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007
    STEELERS FILE MISSING PERSON REPORT ON STEELY MCBEAM

“We don’t think he just skipped town. He may be a victim of foul play,” Pittsburgh Police commander said

SOUTH SIDE --- Pittsburgh Steelers mascot Steely McBeam, who has not been seen in public since September 12, is now the subject of a police investigation. Mr. McBeam was last seen helping to inaugurate the Steelers-themed airplane in mid-September, but he failed to show up for scheduled appearances at the Steelers-Buffalo and Steelers-49’ers games. Team officials filed a missing-person report this morning.

“Usually when someone goes missing, there are three possibilities,” Pittsburgh Police Chief Nathan Harper said today. “One possibility is that he just skipped town. People do that all the time --- just look at how the city’s population has declined. But the thinking around the precinct is that he may have harmed himself, or he’s become a victim of foul play.”

McBeam was booed when he made his first appearance at Heinz Field for the August 11 preseason game with the Packers. “Being booed by 60,000 people can have a profound psychological effect on anyone,” Harper said. “When the Steelers are booed, at least they have each other to rely on. But Steely’s got no one on his side. If he fell into a deep enough depression, he may have jumped off any one of our bridges.”

Chief Harper, though, thinks foul play is more likely. “We have 60,000 people who proved that they hate him. Plus there’s a few people over at the Post-Gazette who wanted him gone. A lot of people had motive and opportunity.”

Harper said he’ll put a few detectives on the case, but he doesn’t think they’ll make a big effort to find the mascot. “To be honest, none of the officers really liked him from the get-go. I don’t think they’ll be beating the bushes looking for him.”

Posted by Judge Rufus Peckham at Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    At first I thought this thread title was about Ryan McBean

So our new mascot is AWOL ? I wonder whatever will we do without him ?? They might want to start dredging the Ohio river...

That Chester looking thing had to go... the Steelers don't need to freaking mascot!

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    He was definately no where to be found at the Bill's game! That's hillarious!

2nd String
    i'm glad he's gone pittsburgh would of been better off using cheerleaders stealy mc beam sounds like an sandwich lol

lol i knew this would get some interesting replys

I for one havent got to see even a picture of him so i have to hold judgement on this issue

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Fine
    Very cute and creative way of saying "Steeler Nation has been heard" lol

Quote Originally Posted by black an gold 4 life View Post
    i'm glad he's gone pittsburgh would of been better off using cheerleaders stealy mc beam sounds like an sandwich lol
    Hell no pittsburgh would not be better with cheerleaders we alrdy have them they are the 60,000 people drunk in the stands cheering our steelers to a WIN

But i found this funny when i read it the police are not even to worried about it

I kinda feel bad for the little guy lol

Good Riddens!! I don't know about any of you, but one less thing around that looks like Cowher is OK by me!
    He will turn up on mascot reality shows later as Rusty McScrap.
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation View Post
    I for one havent got to see even a picture of him so i have to hold judgement on this issue
    He looked a bit jaundiced.

Thread Information