Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Reasons For Not Liking The Jags

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Amazed

My Reasons For Not Liking The Jags

-They were the team to win the division in 1998, our first year to not make the playoffs under Cowher. And they were very cocky about it, if memory serves.

-They beat us to open the 1996 season 24-9 (coming off the Super Bowl this was crushing)

They beat us on Monday Night Football in 1997 (the blocked field goal at the gun)

-Then there was the Monday night game to close the season in '98 where they whooped us 21-3,

-Then they beat us in a Thursday night game in '99 (20-6)

-Then again on national TV in '00 on Sunday Night 34-24 (you might remember the pass Kordell missed to Hines Ward, who was 10 yards behind the secondary that would have brought us to within 3 points).

They just always seemed to beat us, and that is enough for me to dislike any team.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

The Steelers record against the Jags with Ben as the Starter... 1-0

I liek the Steeler chances, especially if Ben is under center!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's the only stat that matters AZ Ben has crushed all those previous records with other teams and is setting a new standard!

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    My Reason For Not Liking The Jags
    IS THAT THERE NOT THE STEELERS

I had a really bad experience there...it was the first MNF ever in Jax, and the whole town practically shut down. I later found out it was namely so all those redneck southern Alabamians could drink all day. Anyway, I naturally wore all my Steelers gear, and started catching Hell from the second I set foot in the stadium. Now I've been to Cleveland Stadium, so I know what it's like to get heckled, and, to be honest, 90% of it usually pretty good natured. Not so in Jacksonville...those drunken rednecks were just downright hateful. What's worse, there is a real lack of football knowledge in that town. Perhaps it's because they'd only had a pro team for a few years, but you'd figure they watch College ball what with UM, UF and FSU in the state. Not so. Every incomplete pass was interference, every good play the Steelers had we were "cheating", they wanted holding on every kick, etc, etc...the Jax fans also have to stupidest chants I've ever heard. While we have "Here we go", the only thing I heard was, when they got a first down was "Move those chains, move those chains, move 'em". How retarded.

I had some drunk nitwit yelling "fatass" in my ear, VERY loudly, every time Jerome carried the ball. I tried my best to ignore it because, honestly, if I would have talked back, I would have been killed. I was completely alone in a sea of angry drunks who hated me. We were beaten pretty soundly (it was the 21-3 game), and, I swear to God, if we'd have won, I'd have been lynched when I walked out of there...as it was I had stuff thrown at me, and was cussed at right in my face, threatened...it was REALLY bad. I've never been in a more hostile environment.

I hate the town, hate the team, hate the fans, and always will.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by suitanim
    I had a really bad experience there...it was the first MNF ever in Jax, and the whole town practically shut down. I later found out it was namely so all those redneck southern Alabamians could drink all day. Anyway, I naturally wore all my Steelers gear, and started catching Hell from the second I set foot in the stadium. Now I've been to Cleveland Stadium, so I know what it's like to get heckled, and, to be honest, 90% of it usually pretty good natured. Not so in Jacksonville...those drunken rednecks were just downright hateful. What's worse, there is a real lack of football knowledge in that town. Perhaps it's because they'd only had a pro team for a few years, but you'd figure they watch College ball what with UM, UF and FSU in the state. Not so. Every incomplete pass was interference, every good play the Steelers had we were "cheating", they wanted holding on every kick, etc, etc...the Jax fans also have to stupidest chants I've ever heard. While we have "Here we go", the only thing I heard was, when they got a first down was "Move those chains, move those chains, move 'em". How retarded.

I had some drunk nitwit yelling "fatass" in my ear, VERY loudly, every time Jerome carried the ball. I tried my best to ignore it because, honestly, if I would have talked back, I would have been killed. I was completely alone in a sea of angry drunks who hated me. We were beaten pretty soundly (it was the 21-3 game), and, I swear to God, if we'd have won, I'd have been lynched when I walked out of there...as it was I had stuff thrown at me, and was cussed at right in my face, threatened...it was REALLY bad. I've never been in a more hostile environment.

I hate the town, hate the team, hate the fans, and always will.
    wtf?? i can't stand fans like that.....cheer for your team don't worry about other team fans...classless bitches lol...you a brave dude going alone too...i'd be scared as hell cause i know i'd talk back and end up getting the hell beat out of me lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Quote Originally Posted by koopa
    wtf?? i can't stand fans like that.....cheer for your team don't worry about other team fans...classless bitches lol...you a brave dude going alone too...i'd be scared as hell cause i know i'd talk back and end up getting the hell beat out of me lol
    A) I was sober...made a HUGE diference. B) My buddy was a Jax fan, so he "cleared the way".

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Suit,

It sounds like the jags fans take lessons from the Ratbirds fans, every single time the Steelers do something good or there's a penalty called against the home team the fans in purple started in like a bunch of mad dogs crying foul on every play. Besides the fact that the heckling and trash talking is downright nasty and rude, not even in fun at all..and that was from the sober fans !

Just another reason I hate cities like that.

The Cardinals fans use to be like the Jags and Ratbirds! This last time though they were relatively quiet and did only the fun jabbing, but nothing like in the past! Must be new stadium new attitude for the Cards !
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 09-14-2006 at 06:37 PM.

ASU 4 LIFE
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
    The Cardinals fans use to be like the Jags and Ratbirds! This last time though they were relatively quiet and did only the fun jabbing, but nothing like in the past! Must be new stadium new attitude!
    it is probably cause they dont suck that bad ne more

i hate the jags because.......they are the f'in jags!!! my list goes.....cowboys, bengals, jags....

Thread Information