Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its A Crime!!!

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

Its A Crime!!!

Why Coach Dick LeBeau hasn't been enshrined in Canton, Ohio yet.......This just boggles my mind.....Prior to entering the coaching ranks, LeBeau produced an outstanding pro career as a player from which he still holds the NFL all-time record of 171 consecutive games played for a cornerback and currently is tied for seventh all-time in the NFL with 62 career interceptions. His 9 INTs led the NFC in 1970 and he also appeared in 3 Pro Bowls....I think his merits alone as a player should get him in...

But the impact he had on the NFL as a defensive coordinator was huge in my mind......He is the architect of the "zone blitz"....Which teams have copied now for many years.....Its just crazy to me after 48 years of NFL service he isn't in the Hall of Fame...He only failed as a HC, and that was with the Bengals when, they were one of the worst teams in all of sports...Hard to blame him for that mess....

I just hope the damn Hall voters wake up and vote The Wizard in were he belongs...He is one of the true great defensiveminds in NFL history and has impacted the game of Pro Football on the defensive side like Bill Walsh did for the offensive side.....
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 09-23-2007 at 12:52 AM.

Tailgate Coordinator
    I hear ya B&G, probably will have to wait for him to retire.

I'm A "Champion"

they are definitly waitng until he retires

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Coach Lebeau's legacy has long since been set as far as we are concerned. He's a sure fire HOF, no question about it. He revolutionized the game when he played and he sure as shootin revolutionized it while he's been a coach. He's a pure genius without question and his creative mind is second to none in the league. Im sure glad he's on our side.

The best part, he's been reborn so to speak now and he's got more time to make his legacy even more convincing as he leads our defense !

My Mood
    Mad
    But do coaches have to wait 5 years like players do to get in?....Gibbs retired in 1992 the first time and was voted in 1996....Thats not five years...Like I said I think his merits as a player should be enough...lol

He is getting up there and I would just like to see him get in when he is still alive....

coaches dont have a waiting period at all, but they do have to be retired, why put him in as a player when hes gonna get in as a coach too

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    coaches dont have a waiting period at all, but they do have to be retired, why put him in as a player when hes gonna get in as a coach too
    I didn't think coaches had to wait...But that makes sense about being retired...But still they should waive that rule for Coach LeBeau...What if he pulls a Joe Pa and coaches until he is in his 80s.....
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 09-23-2007 at 01:10 AM.

he'll make the HOF even if hes dead, he might coach until he turns to dust you never know

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he'll make the HOF even if hes dead, he might coach until he turns to dust you never know
    Well I know he can make it if he dies...But I would like to see the man enjoy when he is alive...lol As for turning to dust they do call him the Wizard...

I think he's a shoe in,,,,,,,,,,,,

Like everyone else have said "waiting for retirement"

Thread Information