Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gospel / Week #3

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by FC FURY View Post
    I dont think Woodley will be in the NFL in 2011. Just not a fan. Patrick Willis has a chance to be special...I'm not a huge fan.

Looking ahead to the 2008 draft...Jasper Brinkley Univ of South Carolina.

Think Levon Kirkland..If Kirkland could really run
    Jasper Brinkley is a badass....

But LaMarr Woodley not in the NFL by 2011 is just laughable...... So far his transition to OLB has been a smooth one....He looks like a keeper to me....He had 4 tackles and a sack when he took James Harrison's place Sunday....He will be the next Jason Gildon/Joey Porter......

Stats are great in baseball hoops and hockey...They can never tell a story of a football game.

Lies.. Damn Lies.. and Statistics

Did you know....

Lamar Woodley started more games at Olb at Michigan then Def End...So the so called transition I dont see.

You bring up a perfect player...Jason Gildon....Lamar Woodley should be another Jason Gildong.

I made one site by bashing Gildon...

Did you know( since you like the stats)

62% of Jason Gildon career sacks with the Steelers came when he was unblocked...Kinda like Woodleys sack against the Bills

The unblocked sack information can be confirmed at the Sporting News..A strapping young stud(Me) wrote a blog there in 2004 and provided the info and basis for the assertion above.

My Mood
    Mad
    Stats are great in baseball hoops and hockey...They can never tell a story of a football game.

Lies.. Damn Lies.. and Statistics

Did you know....

Lamar Woodley started more games at Olb at Michigan then Def End...So the so called transition I dont see.

You bring up a perfect player...Jason Gildon....Lamar Woodley should be another Jason Gildong.

I made one site by bashing Gildon...

Did you know( since you like the stats)

62% of Jason Gildon career sacks with the Steelers came when he was unblocked...Kinda like Woodleys sack against the Bills

The unblocked sack information can be confirmed at the Sporting News..A strapping young stud(Me) wrote a blog there in 2004 and provided the info and basis for the assertion above.
    Yes I did know Woodley played OLB at Michigan....But big difference playing OLB in college and OLB in the complex 3-4 zone blitz defense the Steelers run....

Yea that Jason Gildon was such a bum...Thats why he is the alltime Steelers leader in sacks...lol

Go toot your horn some where else....I really don't care were you wrote a blog.....

I didnt want to credit an outside site or source with out explaining that I actually wrote the article...I would prefer to sound arrogant then misleading..I didnt intend to be either. I stopped trying to prove myself on message boards about 3 years ago. I have an opinion...I research investagate and go above and beyond before I post anything Steeler related.

My opinion of Lamar Woodley started his Sophomore year at Michigan. The Steelers scheme was complex in 1992...The Wolverines ran an identical 34 system to the Steelers...Michigan coaches picked the brain of Dom Capers and even that of Buckeye Dick Lebeau. Mike Archer former Steelers linebacker coach worked a coach exchange with Kentucky(Where Archer is the DC)...Kentucky added the Power run game principles and 3 Wr sets of Michigan...Michigan the 34 and Special Teams packages of Kentucky.

The "Sack Stat" has been kept since 1983.

Jason Gildon was an inferior pass rusher to....

-Merriweather
    -Greene
    -Williams
    -Greenewood
    -White
    -Porter
    -Brown

The unblocked sacks goes to scheme...Gildon was a product of an elite defensive scheme.

My Mood
    Mad
    I didnt want to credit an outside site or source with out explaining that I actually wrote the article...I would prefer to sound arrogant then misleading..I didnt intend to be either. I stopped trying to prove myself on message boards about 3 years ago. I have an opinion...I research investagate and go above and beyond before I post anything Steeler related.

My opinion of Lamar Woodley started his Sophomore year at Michigan. The Steelers scheme was complex in 1992...The Wolverines ran an identical 34 system to the Steelers...Michigan coaches picked the brain of Dom Capers and even that of Buckeye Dick Lebeau. Mike Archer former Steelers linebacker coach worked a coach exchange with Kentucky(Where Archer is the DC)...Kentucky added the Power run game principles and 3 Wr sets of Michigan...Michigan the 34 and Special Teams packages of Kentucky.

The "Sack Stat" has been kept since 1983.

Jason Gildon was an inferior pass rusher to....

-Merriweather
    -Greene
    -Williams
    -Greenewood
    -White
    -Porter
    -Brown

The unblocked sacks goes to scheme...Gildon was a product of an elite defensive scheme.
    Thanks but I know when the sack became an official stat...Don't have to educate me on NFL history buddy...lol I never said Gildon was on the elite level of Mean Joe Greene or L.C. Greenwood......lol But you don't get 77 career sacks just being a product of a system....lol Its safe to say Jason Gildon was a very good football player....If you're going to use the product of system argument then you can say the same thing about Greg Lloyd, Chad Brown, and Joey Porter......

I agree the 3-4 zone blitz is designed for OLBs to make plays but these players have to have talent for hit to work...Look at Alonzo Jackson....The 3-4 didn't make him a product of the system....lol

Also Michigan might have pricked the brain of Dom Capers and took some of his ideas...But still don't say Michigan 3-4 was the same defense as the Steelers...... Thats just foolish......

Anyway good day and comeback with some real arguments next time....

But still don't say Michigan 3-4 was the same defense as the Steelers...... Thats just foolish......
    No its foolish to make a comment when you have no ****ing clue what your talking about...I will say it real slow for you..EXACT SAME DEFENSE..HE IS ACTUALLY PLAYING THE EXACT SAME POSITION IN THE DEFENSE.

You find me any STEELERS or NFL player..Who has that many unblocked sacks...You cant.

So you have a nice day...And Realize when I go take a dump..The peanut filled feces that pass through my duodenum know more about then football then you do...

My Mood
    Addicted

No its foolish to make a comment when you have no ****ing clue what your talking about...I will say it real slow for you..EXACT SAME DEFENSE..HE IS ACTUALLY PLAYING THE EXACT SAME POSITION IN THE DEFENSE.

You find me any STEELERS or NFL player..Who has that many unblocked sacks...You cant.

So you have a nice day...And Realize when I go take a dump..The peanut filled feces that pass through my duodenum know more about then football then you do...
    Easy on the peanuts bro BGF32 knows quite a bit about football more then you realize. No defense is exactly the same, even comparing 3-4's to each other at the NFL level. You still have to have the right athletic player in those positions to make the plays that the 3-4 calls for.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Mad

I don't have clue what I'm talking about...But you're claiming Michigan was running the same 3-4 as the current 3-4 under Coach Dick LeBeau..... Very funny **** man...yea I'm sure they were running the same stuff as LeBeau...Just because Michigan tapped the brain of our former DC Dom Capers doesn't mean they were running the same defense as LeBeau...For the record Woodley even though he played OLB wasn't asked to drop in coverage...Go check out some post draft articles and you will see for yourself...He was just a pass rusher at OLB.....So far he has looked alright when dropping into coverage...I think he looks more comfortable in pass coverage then Joey Porter did in his rookie year...

Go take your Gospel and go post on your lame site dude.......Claiming Jason Gildon was a product of a system is just silly....What about Lloyd, Brown or Porter? The same can be said for them...... My point yes the 3-4 is designed for OLBs to make plays no doubt...But players still have to have talent to put up the number Jason Gildon did.....If not then Alonzo Jackson would have been a player like Gildon....

I love self proclaimed know it alls like you when reading your **** just prove you don't know jack.....

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Gildon was good in his prime, but his last few seasons he was always good for the unblocked "Gildong" sack ....

I think Woodley has the potential to be better than Gildong though; he has more upside. He bigger and I also see him as more instinctive. For a big man, it's good to see he has the athletic ability to drop back into pass coverage.

Good Gospel this week FC .... I also noticed it made the coverstory of SA ... Sweet!

Go toot your horn some where else....I really don't care were you wrote a blog. Anyway good day and comeback with some real arguments next time....
    Don't look now, but it looks like B&GForever32 has penis envy, I think he sees your article as someone coming on to "his" board and lifting their leg on his fire hydrant.
    Last edited by Iron City South; 09-21-2007 at 05:33 PM.

BGF32 knows quite a bit about football more then you realize
    I disagree...I have read some of his posts..He doesnt even have a elementary understanding of the game. He spits back what he's spoon fed.

Go check out some post draft articles

He should be out fitted in Black and Gold Skirt he should be given Poms Poms and he should lead the lets get fired up cheer!!...He is a cheerleader.

The Steelers can do no wrong type of fan.

I am here to talk football. You disagree with a point...Cool...Don't even attempt to insult my intelligence...

The Michigan Wolverines defense ran the same calls..Same coverages...Same personel groupings....Same blitz packages. In other words...The exact same defense.
    Last edited by FC FURY; 09-21-2007 at 05:33 PM.

Thread Information