Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: The Gospel / Week #3

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    I agree with most of your points... The Wood is the truth, great STEAL in the 2nd round. And Troy is a beast no doubt, but he isnt the first steeler safety to shine in the 3-4. While he is definately the most well known, decorated and maybe even still somewhat under-rated w/ guys like Reed, Taylor, Lynch and Williams unjustly being put in the same category as him... i think your forgetting how Carnell Lake shined in pittsburgh, so much so they even tried him at Corner!!!! I agree with you all that we have had some great OLB's, whether its the system or not. Thats just like saying Terrell Davis was just another product of Denvers zone blocking offense, i dont agree with it!!!
    No Tee, hasn't forgotten about Carnell Lake.......We have had discussions on him in the past.....But thats another staple of the LeBeau defense...Having safties as talented as Carnell Lake and Troy Polamalu and moving them around causing havoc for offenses....

Coach LeBeau even did the samething with David Fulcher when he was DC for the Bengals in the 1980s.....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Lake was a beast, he's still the only safety Ive ever seen that could play CB too, and still be damn near as good at it as he was a safety. Seeing him go to the Jags was a heartbreaker.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    Ugh, little late for the party there Tee .... this disagreement ended yesterday. Perhaps you were too busy watching reruns of Bush's speech from last week or Hannity and Combes to realize it.
    No.....actually he was returning back home, after being away from his family, doing his job....serving our country.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
    No.....actually he was returning back home, after being away from his family, doing his job....serving our country.

yeah, yeah .. "the few and the proud" right? ....

or is it "the few that are proud" ?????

I highly doubt he was a day late to jump on his soabox in this thread because he had a quick trip to Iraq to tend to.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    yeah, yeah .. "the few and the proud" right? ....

or is it "the few that are proud" ?????

I highly doubt he was a day late to jump on his soabox in this thread because he had a quick trip to Iraq to tend to.
    This isn't the thread for this. However, there are plenty that are proud and I for one am very grateful for the men and women that protect and serve this country.

Iraq isn't the only place that our military serve. What you choose to doubt is certainly on you.

ok seriously not a political thread, end it.....ICS cant talk politics with anyone let alone in the open board

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ok seriously not a political thread, end it.....ICS cant talk politics with anyone let alone in the open board
    Nice "objective" Mod you are .... Was your little "political" comment directed toward me necessary?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This thread has been off track long enough, lets get it back on track because we don't want to have to close it.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Nice "objective" Mod you are .... Was your little "political" comment directed toward me necessary?
    Well there is a section just for talking politics....So really political talk belongs there....But now you're questioning mods...Good one lap dog......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ktrain's comment was based on past experience with political threads. Remember one of the rules is that stuff never spills out into the forums. Somebody bring this back to football or this one gets closed.

Thread Information