Thread: Steelers schedule continues to set up well for them the next few weeks...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

Steelers schedule continues to set up well for them the next few weeks...

Ive been saying this for weeks in here that this early season schedule of the Steelers combined with the schedule of the Bengals and Ravens early on should really help them get off to a great start and be in first place going into early October and possibly be 5-0. The Bengals who got there asses kicked today giving up 51 to Cleveland lol, are now 1-1 and they have games at Seattle and home to New England the next 2 weeks which could easily put them at 1-3. The Ravens while they did win today had to hold off a 2nd string qb and two drop balls by Justin McCareins in the last minute to beat the Jets. The Ravens still have injury problems with Odgen and Sams out for the year and Kyle Boller being the qb till McNair is healthy. I really do like the Steelers to win these next 3 and be 5-0 going into the bye week beating San Fran,Arizona,and Seattle. And even after the bye week isnt looking as tough as it could have been. Denver doesnt appear to be as good as there 2-0 record indicates. They won today on a whistle blow by the ref in OT against Oakland after Janikowski hit a 52 yard fg to win the game, and had to kick with Elam last week in the closing seconds to beat Buffalo as we know last week. Still a lot of games on this schedule are very very winnable compared to Cincy and Baltimore and it should set up the Steelers to be the team to beat in this division. The Bengals D still looks pathetic as seen by today, that win over Baltimore Monday night was a fluke and means nothing now, Baltimore still has problems on offense and is very injured right now. And Cleveland despite the win today over Cincy is still well Cleveland. Im telling you things are shaping up here for the Steelers to really get on a roll the next few weeks and possibly really put a strangle hold on this division as we go into October here. Lets hope we can keep it going here at home again next week and beat the 49ers.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    If the Steelers can get on that roll...Then it could last all season...Just like the magical 2004 season....But this time the Steelers win it all......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We could potentially be 5-0 and be sitting pretty a top the division by the time we hit the by week. The 2nd half of our schedule is more tough with the road divisional games and also going to New England and St. Louis. It's not the toughest schedule in the world but the bulk of our tough games are definitely after the bye so it's imperative that we stay strong and win as many as we can here early on. The offense is still finding it's sea legs and once they really start firing on all cylinders they will be deadly to deal with no matter who they play.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I agree and have said before. We need this quick start, play well and gel now. Because the schedule becomes more difficult later. Although cinci and balt are over rated

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Early indications on our future opponents are definitely not as intimidating as they looked back in May when the schedule first came out but then again it's only Sept. All these teams that we have to play could either turn it on big time or tank between now and then so anything can happen. We just need to make sure that we take care of business at home and atleast split the road games which would give us a 12-4 record and allow us to be in good shape for the post season.

That is the one thing that is scary with this team, when they start getting some confidence built up and get a little roll of winning games they are virtually unbeatable as we saw in 04 when they went 15-1.

The schedule is very favorable and a 5-0 start would be good because then the division is really theirs to lose!

Thread Information