Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers' Harrison Hurt In Game Against Buffalo

Bookmark and Share

Steelers' Harrison Hurt In Game Against Buffalo

Link to Story
    Looks like Harrison is going to be fine...
    AP) PITTSBURGH Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison was taken off the field on a stretcher Sunday after being hurt on the final play of the first half against Buffalo.

Harrison was hurt on Marshawn Lynch's 8-yard carry that ended the second quarter. Harrison became caught up in a pileup as Lynch was tackled by Brett Keisel and Clark Haggans.

After initially starting to get up, he fell onto the field and remained motionless for several minutes.

Harrison could be seen moving his legs and arms and gesturing with his hands while being assisted onto the stretcher. He also was talking to trainers and doctors as he was taken off the field.

He was back on the sideline, walking freely, midway through the third quarter.

A fourth-year NFL player, Harrison replaced former Pro Bowl linebacker Joey Porter as a starter this season. He was credited with two tackles in the first half.

The week before, Bills tight end Kevin Everett sustained a life-threatening spinal cord injury against Denver.

After doctors initially said he might be paralyzed, Everett showed significant improvement in only several days. By the end of the week, doctors said Everett could wiggle his toes, bend his hip, move his ankles, elevate and kick his leg, as well as extend his elbows and slightly flex his biceps.

(© 2007 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. )

Starter
    Thats definitley good news

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    He said he wanted 12 sacks this season--he's had at least 1 in each of our two games, so he's on track to easily get his predicted number. Hopefully he won't be sidelined long, but I'm not unhappy with Woodley being sent in to replace him

the guy is a monster, any update at all lol? we know what happened

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He was being blocked down the line of scrimmage and when he went to make a tackle he went head first into another teammate and just collapsed so they took precautions just in case. Im glad he's ok, the dude is a beast and Im looking forward to a great year this from him.

did you see how big and angry he was walking back to the sidelines, the dude is jacked lol

Rookie Free Agent
    I'm very impressed with him i had no idea he would step in and replace Joey Porter the way he has and he's a captain to

2nd String
    if he stays healthy he will b an beast

The second to the last play of the half he was real slow getting up, he stayed down for a bit when he could have gotten up...I wonder if he was hurt then and
    just aggravated it on the next play...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Jame's head hits Big Casey's big ***.....Now thats a big *** to smack your head into....lol I think he is fine and will play next week.....The guy is a warrior and love watching him play.....

Thread Information