Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on week 2

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Lightbulb Thoughts on week 2

Ben has got to settle down in the redzone. The first 4 trips yielded us 4 FG's. It should have been atleast 24-0 instead of 12-0. Ben was getting antsy and not setting his feet and just generally off target in the redzone. Other than that Ben had a pretty good day overall and was generally leading the offense well and spreading the ball around.

Harrison was taken off the field on a stretcher just before hafltime but he later returned to the sidelines walking under his own power.

Fast Willie goes over 100 yds again and was key today with big runs and some tough 3rd down runs to keep the chains moving.

The offensive line only allowed 1 sack today and the reserves were in by midway through the 4th quarter. They are starting to come together and led the way for the ground game in forceful fashion ! The more they play together the better they are going to get.

McFadden was bringing the heat today laying out some wicked hits in the 2nd half. He got into Lee Evan's head in the 4th quarter and totally took him out of his game. Both he and Ike had good days along with Deshea who had 8 tackles and was as solid as ever.

Troy and Ryan were all over the field, although Troy did seem to wiff on more plays than usual today. I noticed atleast 3 occasions when he had a player dead to rights in the backfield and just totally blew right by him.

That pick by Ryan Clark should have been ruled an interception but the officials said he wasn't forced out and that's a non reviewable play.

Overall Im happy with how we played, we still have room for improvement especially on offense as we left a bunch of points on the field in the 1st half. We're 2-0 and there's nothing wrong with that
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 09-16-2007 at 03:59 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The offense is working out the kinks....I think next week they could have a much more crisper offense......The defense is playing great and if the offense starts clicking the 49ers won't have a chance brother....

the oline was dominate

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The offense is working out the kinks....I think next week they could have a much more crisper offense......The defense is playing great and if the offense starts clicking the 49ers won't have a chance brother....
    It's just fun to watch these guys play when they are so dominate. Even with the mistakes made today, mainly on offense, we still dominated the game in every facet and just generally imposed our will on the Bills all day long. Losman was under pressure constantly.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    It's just fun to watch these guys play when they are so dominate. Even with the mistakes made today, mainly on offense, we still dominated the game in every facet and just generally imposed our will on the Bills all day long. Losman was under pressure constantly.
    Dude its bloody fantastic..... Both games the Browns and Bills had no chance......Plus the offense hasn't started to click 100 percent yet and they're still blowing teams out....I think the 49ers have no shot next week...I honestly do....But thats why they play the game.....But the Steelers have the talent to beat anybody in the NFL.....All I want to say Steelers are 2-0....

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Winning the games were suppose to win.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Regardless if the Steelers were suppose to win or not they looked impressive doing it which is what they should do when they are playing a team they are suppose to beat. The defense shutdown the Bills and the offense puts points on the board. Yeah it was mostly FG's but that is something that can be worked on but after last week maybe they just wanted to give Reed some PT this week It was a blessing to see Reed converting though rather than pulling it left or right... good confidence builder for Reed today.

Overall though the Steelers didn't look bad! The d shut them down and the offense moved the ball at will and converted when they had to!

Awesome performance which is what is expected against a team they should beat!

any word on harrison?

Missed both my predictions by only a few points !

said steelers 31 bills 10 pretty much same on "clown" game,,,,,,,,,,

Our defense is looking AWESOME and like everyone's already said,
    our offense will be coming together even more next week ~~~

So here it is once again ~~`` STEELERS 34
    Hines,Holmes & FWP each get TD,,,,,,,,,Also the "D" gets one !

49ERS 16
    three fieldgoals & Alex smith tosses for one TD !

My Mood
    Addicted
    I thought Parker ran much better today than he did last week. He got the yards both weeks, just thought he ran much harder and made some good runs on short yardage which was nice to see.
    Thought Ben had a great game between the 20's. For some reason the O just got out of sync in the red zone today. Thought we should of used the TE's more there myself but the good thing is we got points.

ST's coverage still needs work.

That's about it really. Overall a good game that could of been much better had we converted one or two FG's to TD's! We'll need those when playing better teams.

Thread Information