Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If the Steelers win these next 2 games...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Sure they gave us respect after the game but how soon they forgot once sunday came around. You know as well as I do the NFL jumps on bandwagons week and week out but normally you don't us mentioned too often as a "top contender" or "the team to beat" etc.

I don't know. I think most people are giving you guys your props. Sure, people aren't going to pick the same two teams to go the the SB because to do so would make them look lazy. And while the media has yet to crown this year's champion, I don't see any trend that is counting the Steelers out.

I do hear you on the bandwagon thing though. People are leaping off the Panthers bandwagon like rats from a sinking ship. Even though Smith didn't even play...

House of Steel
    Maybe if the media got a healthy dose of Joey "The Boot" Porter, that would suit them up to give us the respect we deserved.

We play better as the underdog. I rather be the underdog.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
    I don't know. I think most people are giving you guys your props. Sure, people aren't going to pick the same two teams to go the the SB because to do so would make them look lazy. And while the media has yet to crown this year's champion, I don't see any trend that is counting the Steelers out.

I do hear you on the bandwagon thing though. People are leaping off the Panthers bandwagon like rats from a sinking ship. Even though Smith didn't even play...
    To tell you the truth Im glad they don't talk about us as much as others...I mean it's nice to be recognized but the Steelers have a habit of getting big heads at the wrong time. As long as they feel they are being shafted they have that chip on their shoulder but when they start getting alot of press they usually end up coming back down to earth in a bad way.

Even if we aren't getting shafted, Cowher is usually pretty good about keeping them grounded but sometimes a mental lapse comes and then we get beat to a team we shouldn't lose too and that gets us back on track, but at a costly price.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun
    To tell you the truth Im glad they don't talk about us as much as others...I mean it's nice to be recognized but the Steelers have a habit of getting big heads at the wrong time. As long as they feel they are being shafted they have that chip on their shoulder but when they start getting alot of press they usually end up coming back down to earth in a bad way.

Even if we aren't getting shafted, Cowher is usually pretty good about keeping them grounded but sometimes a mental lapse comes and then we get beat to a team we shouldn't lose too and that gets us back on track, but at a costly price.
    You're 100% correct on this! There is nothing better than a Steeler team getting disrespected and playing with that chip! I'll take that team over anybody any day of the week.

When the locker room is getting to small for the 53 players, there's a problem and somebody hasn't done their job, mainly the coach! Cowher has become really good about this lately and has the Steelers prepared and focus for every game they step out onto the field to play.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Last year during our run towards the end of the season for the playoffs, was the first time in many years that I wasn't worried about the teams focus. It was do or die, win or go home, back against the wall, and they responded like we knew they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
    What about the ESPN, FOX, and CNNSI power rankings that all put the Steelers at #1? I think you guys just wish that nobody gave you respect.
    It's because the rest of the world doesn't show the blind faith and rabid FANaticism we do, Hawk; that's why we think we don't get no respect

But seriously, the Steelers have always responded well under pressure. Tell us we "cant" and we will. Lose a couple of games and it lights a fire under 'em. Better we should know it's gonna be tough, than believe it's a cakewalk ... over-confidence takes the edge off.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well said SteelersFire. We've had a few teams lose that "edge" in the past.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I can't remember a team in recenty history that feeds so much off of emotion and so much from the coach. Cowher is a master motivator and he pretty much knows how to keep us humble and focused but its just amazing how well we respond when even 1 person gets wind that maybe somebody is doubting us....the whole team just goes on a rampage !

Waterboy
    if i book my flight to florida 5 months it advance it should be cheaper right?

Thread Information