Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: If the Steelers win these next 2 games...

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Top 30 Troyisabeast_43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,707
    My Mood
    colts-hater

    If the Steelers win these next 2 games...

    Against the Jags and the Bengals and end up 3-0 going into the bye week they really have a shot I believe to start running off wins every single week when you look at the schedule coming up. The Steelers next 7 games after the bye week are against SD,KC,ATL,OAK,Denver,New Orleans,and Cleveland. There is no reason to believe looking at that schedule and who we play at home especially in that group of teams that the Steelers cant start off 9-1 or even 10-0 for that matter. I think a lot of people in the media and around the league the more I listen are really underestimating the Steelers and how good they really are. Everybody I hear keeps saying they are going to lose to the Jags this week because Ben never plays well coming off an injury and blah blah blah. People dont realize that this Steelers team doesnt fear much and dont really care who or where they play for that matter. This team has been through more tough road playoff games then any team in the NFL the last few years and pretty much won them all. This Steelers team is solid and it knows how to win games especially big ones.

    So everybody can keep saying how good Cincy and Baltimore look based on there wins Sunday this past week thats all fine and stuff. The Ravens havent proved anything and wont for awhile because beating a mediocre Tampa team to me doesnt show me anything,and the next 2 games they have the Raiders and Browns 2 of the worst teams in the AFC. I would rather be playing playoff caliber teams early on in the year like Miami,Jags,and Cincy rather then some of these scrubs teams that the Ravens and Bengals will play early on. The bottom line is the Steelers when all is said and done will be there in the end. This Steelers team is very good and is no fluke of a super bowl winner and is for real, and I am going to pick them to win these next 2 games against the Jags and Cincy. I know how good this team is and I believe that they will beat both of them and maybe then people around the league will start taking the Steelers more seriously as a serious threat in the AFC once again.

  2. #2
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's going to be a tough next 2 weeks but if we can win the next 2 we'll be sitting pretty with a winable schedule ahead. I know we can do it but even if we split the next 2 and go into the bye 2-1 we'll have time to rest up and get ready for a good run to set ourselves up for the playoff run in a good position.

    Nobody believes in us, that's obvious just look at the media, they continue to jump on the pats, bengals, seahawks, chargers, dolphins, and ratbird bandwagon. That's just fine with me, let em overlook us, we'll just keep on winning !

    We play better when nobody believes in us, it gives us that edge and helps keep us striving for more.

  3. #3
    AZ_Steeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    19,358
    You bring up some interesting points TIB43... Don't let BC get ahold of this though because you're suppose to only focus on 1 game at a time

    Given the recent events with KC, Denver (Plummer stinking the joint up), and San Diego(Rivers taking over) the Steelers have a really good chance at starting the season off on the right foot. I think these hard games now helps the team stay focused each and every week, then towards the middle it will taper off a bit then should get to be a little difficult towards the end again to get the focus back.

    I would really like to say the Steelers will start off 9-1 or even 10-0 but there are to many factors at this point, like injuries for starters! Ben will more than likely be back and Charlie has proven himself as a reliable backup. However, if Parker gets injured I would hate to see who the Steelers lineup with. I won't even talk about the defense and injuries.

  4. #4
    House of Steel
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
    You bring up some interesting points TIB43... Don't let BC get ahold of this though because you're suppose to only focus on 1 game at a time

    Given the recent events with KC, Denver (Plummer stinking the joint up), and San Diego(Rivers taking over) the Steelers have a really good chance at starting the season off on the right foot. I think these hard games now helps the team stay focused each and every week, then towards the middle it will taper off a bit then should get to be a little difficult towards the end again to get the focus back.

    I would really like to say the Steelers will start off 9-1 or even 10-0 but there are to many factors at this point, like injuries for starters! Ben will more than likely be back and Charlie has proven himself as a reliable backup. However, if Parker gets injured I would hate to see who the Steelers lineup with. I won't even talk about the defense and injuries.

    I can see us go 19-0 and kick the "72 Dolphins to the side and tell em where to stink the champaigne. I believe in us. We can do anything if we put our minds to it, ONE GAME AT A TIME, 19-0 DESTINY!!!

  5. #5
    Top 30 Hawk Believer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun
    Nobody believes in us, that's obvious just look at the media, they continue to jump on the pats, bengals, seahawks, chargers, dolphins, and ratbird bandwagon. That's just fine with me, let em overlook us, we'll just keep on winning !

    We play better when nobody believes in us, it gives us that edge and helps keep us striving for more.
    What about the ESPN, FOX, and CNNSI power rankings that all put the Steelers at #1? I think you guys just wish that nobody gave you respect.

  6. #6
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ah now comon you know those power rankings mean jack . When you read the papers, the internet and watch all the NFL lives, ESPN countdown, fox nfl sunday, etc, nobody ever talks about us. All the newspapers harp on how great the ratbirds looked, how the seahawks found a way to win, the dolphins will be good, the pats this, the bengals that, etc.

    Power rankings never seem to reflect much of what the media actually talks about.

  7. #7
    Top 30 Hawk Believer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel
    I can see us go 19-0 and kick the "72 Dolphins to the side and tell em where to stink the champaigne. I believe in us. We can do anything if we put our minds to it, ONE GAME AT A TIME, 19-0 DESTINY!!!
    Its a long, long season. I don't think anyone is ever going to have an undefeated season. For one thing, teams can't engineer their own schedules anymore to have a cake walk season like the Dolphins did. Sure they won the Superbowl but I think they only played a couple winning teams in the regular season.

    And even if a team is capable of winning all their games, I don't think any coach in his right mind would really try for that. If you guys went 12-0 and secured home field advantage, do you really think Cowher would play his starters all 4 quarters? While an undefeated season would mean a lot to the fans, the coaches and players know it don't mean a thing without the ring. (Talk to the 116 game winning Mariners back in 2001 about that one).

    I think we all die without seeing a team besides the Dolphins go undeafeated.

  8. #8
    Top 30 Hawk Believer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun
    Ah now comon you know those power rankings mean jack . When you read the papers, the internet and watch all the NFL lives, ESPN countdown, fox nfl sunday, etc, nobody ever talks about us. All the newspapers harp on how great the ratbirds looked, how the seahawks found a way to win, the dolphins will be good, the pats this, the bengals that, etc.

    Power rankings never seem to reflect much of what the media actually talks about.
    I think you can hear and see what you want to. I don't think I heard anyone giving the Steelers anythin but respect after last Thursday's game. And that was with Batch at the helm.

  9. #9
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I agree I can't ever see anybody in the league going undefeated. The competion is too tough these days and no matter how hard you try sooner or later someone on the team is going to make a mistake or just flat get out played one week.

  10. #10
    AZ_Steeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    19,358
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel
    I can see us go 19-0 and kick the "72 Dolphins to the side and tell em where to stink the champaigne. I believe in us. We can do anything if we put our minds to it, ONE GAME AT A TIME, 19-0 DESTINY!!!
    It's a very long season HoS and I would like to see the Steelers lose at least one game before entering the playoffs. I feel it helps keep things in perspective and not let the team get a big head... That's my thoughts though!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steeler/Cowboys... Dynasties Revisited
    By Deb in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-31-2009, 08:44 PM
  2. Gospel
    By FC FURY in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 07:00 PM
  3. Steelers pounce on Ravens early, roll to easy victory
    By NOVA STEELERS in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 10:37 AM
  4. I Hate the Ravens
    By FC FURY in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 12:09 AM
  5. The Gospel / Week #2
    By Iron City South in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 08:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •