Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a question

Bookmark and Share
    Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel

I have a question

This is for all non born steelers fans, Ok I was born in Pittsburgh and raised around the steelers, so the question I have is for you Steeler fans who where not born in Pittsburgh or even PA... Just what made you become a fan of the black and gold?

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    My dad is from pittsburgh

My Mood
    Amazed
    I am not from da burgh and have no ties to da burgh. I live in MI. My husband is an avid fan so I had to become a fan to live in my house. LOL

Last edited by Steelerlyn; 09-12-2007 at 10:39 PM.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Its very simple for me....My Grandfather played for the Steelers in the early 1950s....My parents were born and raised in western, PA.....They moved to Indiana a couple years before I was born......So no I wasn't born in Pittsburgh or even PA.....But I was raised a Steelers, Pirates and Pitt fan......I'm proud of my families roots also....

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    well growing up in cowboy country, i just grew a hatred for them, mainly cause my cousin would tell me to talk **** about the cowboys to **** ppl off, so when i started liking football in the 9th grade, i had already had a hatred for the cowboys so when my friend asked me who my team was i said teh steelers, and just stuck with them ever since
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

I have no ties to the city of Pittsburgh either. Growing up in Youngstown it's pretty much either the Steelers or the Browns..
    My dad and uncle were/are both Steeler fans so I think they were the ones that got me hooked.

Thanks House of Steel for the sig and avatar

My Mood
    Addicted
    I have no ties to the city of Pittsburgh either. I started following the Steelers back in 72' cuz I was teaching myself how the game was played at 7 yrs old. I'd been watching football for a few weeks, my brother too, his dumbass said he liked the Cowboys, so over the next few weeks I watched football even closer so I could pick my team. The one thing that stood out was the logo on one side, pretty cool I thought (I was only 7 yrs old ) so I really started watching them week in and week out. The D did it for me, hard hitting every week and thats when I picked Jack Lambert as my favorite player and kinda my role model to (he never left a teammate hangin out to dry). 35 years later, me and the Steelers are still goin strong

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Smokin
    I was not born in PA I was born and raised in Ohio!!! But my parents were born and raised in PA and my oldest brother Clevestinks was born in PA he was the only lucky one of the 4!!!!

Thanks for the sig Flea

Born and raised in tennessee, no ties to the burgh! my grandad was a steelers fan and when he used to watch the games, he would have me there with him! been watchin and lovin the steelers since my first year born in 1989!! been a die hard fan ever since! i love the steelers, pirates, and penquins!! i hope to move to the burgh one day!!
    HERE WE GO!! HERE WE GO!! HERE WE GO STEELERS!! HERE WE GO!! PITTSBURGH'S GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL!! We're gonna be the first to 6!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We have several friends in Pittsburgh but no actual relatives. The first time I watched the Steelers was in SB XIV when I was a kid and I was hooked because they had cool uniforms and were playing in the Super Bowl. I've been a fan ever since; not just a die hard fan but a never say die fan !

Thread Information