Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AZ_Steeler Power Rankings: Week 2

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsOwnU
    I dont agree with all the top 10 rankings. No, I am not saying that the pats have to be ranked higher, I am implying some of the teams which had won, were not that impressive in their games. Especially colts and seahawks. The seahawks played a team in rebuilding mode and they struggled. Colts, for their big offence, were lucky to get the win. The teams ranked 6-9 fared much better than those 2. Thats my .
    the teams 6 through 9 did do better but since this is only the first week the teams that made it deep into the playoffs last year was taken into consideration, especially the likes of Indy and Seattle. Unfortunately, Seattle will be the only team of the two you mentioned playing a team that could challenage them (Cardinals) becasue Indy is playing Houston.

Here's you're back
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 09-13-2006 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
    the teams 6 through 9 did do better but since this is only the first week the teams that made it deep into the playoffs last year was taken into consideration, especially the likes of Indy and Seatle. Unfortunately, Seatle will be the only team of the two you mentioned playing a team that could challenage them (Cardinals) becasue Indy is playing Houston.

Here's you're back
    Maybe so, but its a new season, its a new game. Nobody expected the steelers to win last year being ranked 6th in the playoffs. Denver was bad for a team that competed for the AFC championship. These rankings should be based on every week play and not on previous year's performance. With interest .

Quote Originally Posted by PatsOwnU
    Maybe so, but its a new season, its a new game. Nobody expected the steelers to win last year being ranked 6th in the playoffs. Denver was bad for a team that competed for the AFC championship. These rankings should be based on every week play and not on previous year's performance. With interest .
    Good one PatsOwnU

I'll meet you 1/2 way on that one because yeah it is a new year, but at the same time it's the first week and we don't have a whole lot to go on. I'll keep that 4 cents now Maybe rankings should be treated like the BCS standings... let the teams play about 5 games see where their at, then start ranking each team...

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    I dont know about the Falcons. They upset the Panthers but I would take some teams like the Chargers and Patriots over them if they played in a game today. The rest looks good though.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

Quote Originally Posted by PITT23
    I dont know about the Falcons. They upset the Panthers but I would take some teams like the Chargers and Patriots over them if they played in a game today. The rest looks good though.
    I struggled with placing Atlanta and they were the last team I ranked. Vick looked good this last game and it was a team effort.

San Diego completely took the passing game out of Rivers hands because they have no trust in him at all. He looked very Rookie Ben like, the only differnece though Ben threw a little more than 11 passes a game and on 3rd and long situations. This will eventually catch up with San Diego, IMO.

New England squeaked out a victory over a weak Buffalo team and I don't think they should have won that game... but they did!

Those 3 teams though could easily be switched around in the rankings, the next couple of weeks though will truly let us know.

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    I can agree with that, hard to determine a team give or take a few spots after week 1.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

I give you credit AZ for trying your hand at this. I think ranking the worst and best teams is the easy part. I think the challenge is the middle 15 teams. Its hard to come up with a good reason to distinguish rank 17 from rank 18.

House of Steel
    I agree with you, Hawk. That is no easy task to do power rankings, of course, the media love to kiss some team's asses.

Thread Information