Bookmark and Share
    SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed

Steelers Notebook: Ravens, Bengals top division according to Cowher

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07249/815045-66.stm

Thursday, September 06, 2007
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Now that he's no longer coach of the Steelers, Bill Cowher apparently feels free to play the what-if game.
    He predicts the Steelers will finish third in the AFC North behind Baltimore and Cincinnati.
    "Those two teams, I think they're still the top two," Cowher said Tuesday on the NFL Network. "And still I think Pittsburgh, they've got a chance with their schedule to get off to a good start, they've got a chance to be a team to be contended with."

After spending the past three seasons in Cleveland, defensive end Nick Eason signed with the Steelers as an unrestricted free agent this year. He tried to explain the importance of this game from the Browns' perspective.
    "In Cleveland, being that they lost for many years now and haven't gotten a win against the Steelers, it's probably the Super Bowl, I want to say to be up front with you. Playing the Steelers is a Super Bowl game, pretty much. That comes with the tradition behind the game and with the fans as well. So it's a big game."

Before he coached in the NFL, Mike Tomlin spent a summer as a coaching intern with the Cleveland Browns under then-defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel, now Cleveland's head coach. At the time, Tomlin was secondary coach at the University of Cincinnati.
    "He really provided the first window to me into this league," Tomlin said. "He was very good to me. He's a very bright, intelligent coach, specifically defensively. I'm in awe of the way he went about his job. It made me want to be part of this league."
    Tomlin landed his first job the following season as secondary coach in Tampa Bay.
    "The thing that impressed me then was that we would give him things to do and he would be very thorough and complete in getting the task assigned done," Crennel said. "He turned in reports to us and the reports were right on. The things that I was seeing, he had them in his reports and he was seeing the same things. I knew at that time he was ...going to be a good football coach."

Is anyone gettin the feelin that Bill hopes we crash and burn with Mike as our HC?

But I notice that he plays both sides of the issue--that way, no matter whether we do good OR bad he can come back and say " I SAID the Ravens (or Bengals) would be first) OR I SAID the Steelers would be a team to be contended with!!

He needs to make a decision on how he "thinks" (or HOPES) we'll do and stick with it instead of waffling the issue like that.

What do you expect from an anal-yst ??

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Rookie Free Agent
    I Can't help but feel a little betrayed by Cowher's attitude maybe his ego is too big now..

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by JB 67 View Post
    I Can't help but feel a little betrayed by Cowher's attitude maybe his ego is too big now..

Hm maybe working at walmart has got to him

do the world a favor and kill yourself bill

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    He even added insult to injury with the put-down "...they've got a chance with their schedule to get off to a good start".The man is beginning to irk me.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    He could at least show some kind of gratefulness for Pittsburgh allowing him to coach for as long as he did. He can kiss my ***!! What a doorknob, yeah he had a good reg. season record but he choked way to much when it really counted, he should be kissing everyone's *** and be thankful he got his ring and didn't get run outta town a long time ago. Props to the Rooneys for lettin his *** walk and hiring the next great Steelers coach.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

I don't think I can get my head that far up my *** to even begin to understand where Cowher is coming from with his WAG at the divisions best.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by JB 67 View Post
    Sounds like was over at Jerome's house helping him write that new book of his !

Starter
    I dont think we should look too much into the whole Cowher and Bettis media issue, they are a part of our past, we have a new coach and runnig back and a bright future to look foreward to so let them say what they want, its Tomlin's team now

Thread Information