Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jacobs released..Davenport to get some work on MNF

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I hope Dookie gets some action Monday night. He will be a very good addition to our backfield if he can stay healthy. I'm glad we have a big back since Duce is old and out of shape. But I would still like to see Fast Willie get some action at the goal line. He runs his *** off and gets the yards. Then he doesn't get the chance to punch it in. Yea I know he is only 209 pounds. But look at Priest Holmes in his prime. I believe Priest was only around 213 pounds and he got TD chances.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im sure we won't forget Willie at the goal line, he's earned the right to stay in there for some plays and he proved he can produce...but 3rd and goal from the 1 or 2, you gotta think a healthy dose of Davenport to pound it in will be a welcome site to coaches to know that we have a big back when needed and to keep Willie fresh for the stretch run.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thanks for the story TG
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Mad
    Matt, I totally agree with you. Just saying it would be nice for Willie to get the chance to pound it for the TD sometimes. I'm one of the biggest Parker fans around. When some doubted him last year. I thought he could get the job done. Then coming into this year there was still some doubt about Willie Parker by some fans. I think some fans just want that big back. But with another 100 yard game against the Dolphins. I hope there is no more doubts about Willie. He isn't the big back that we all are use to having back there. But his heart is big and thats why he has made it in the NFL.

I'll admit, I had my doubts about Willie coming into this year! I thought now that teams have game tapes of him that they would be able to stop him... What I found out against Miami is Willie can't be stopped! He is lighting fast and is a threat running or catching the ball. I even saw him pick up the blitz against Miami, laid the dude out!!!

I was a doubter of Willie but he has silenced me after the first game.. I just hope he continues to doubt me

House of Steel
    Does anyone think Willie Parker looks a little like Barry Sanders in the footwork? I swear I see a little of Sanders in him.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel
    Does anyone think Willie Parker looks a little like Barry Sanders in the footwork? I swear I see a little of Sanders in him.
    Barry could knock a guy backwards, bounce off people, change direction... Willie is no where close to Barry, IMO

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
    I'll admit, I had my doubts about Willie coming into this year! I thought now that teams have game tapes of him that they would be able to stop him... What I found out against Miami is Willie can't be stopped! He is lighting fast and is a threat running or catching the ball. I even saw him pick up the blitz against Miami, laid the dude out!!!

I was a doubter of Willie but he has silenced me after the first game.. I just hope he continues to doubt me
    Well I can't say that I blame you for doubting Willie. But I'm one of those fans that think speed kills in the NFL in today's game. Thats why I was so glad the Steelers added all that speed at WR in this years draft. The thing about Willie is. Yea he is going to have alot of those 1 or 2 yard gains. But then boom he takes one for the distance. I love having that home run threat now at RB. There are going to be games when the Steelers offense has off days. But Willie has that ability to score on any given play. Look at the Super Bowl. The Steelers offense didn't have one of its best days. But Willie Parker made one of the few big plays that day for the Steelers. True he had great blocking but he took it to the house.

House of Steel
    I know, but you know Willie does have Barry's speed maybe even faster, Willie is know to cut and slice defenders. I love his footwork. I used to be like that in HS til my offensive line gave up and couldn't even open a damn hole the length of a pencil .

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
    Barry could knock a guy backwards, bounce off people, change direction... Willie is no where close to Barry, IMO
    I agree that Willie isn't even close to Barry Sanders. I'm one of the biggest Willie fans around. Man Barry Sanders was one in a lifetime players.

Thread Information