Thread: Troy Polamalu is listed Questionable for Monday Night's Game, THIS SUCKS!!!

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel

Troy Polamalu is listed Questionable for Monday Night's Game, THIS SUCKS!!!

Roethlisberger may start Monday's game
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It appears Ben Roethlisberger may start at quarterback for the Steelers when they play at Jacksonville Monday night.

Coach Bill Cowher listed Roethlisberger as questionable for the game and said he will determine from the way the quarterback practices this week and in conversation with him whether he will start against the Jaguars.

Roethlisberger had his appendix removed Sept. 3 and did not dress for the opener against Miami four days later. However, he did some work yesterday and was scheduled to throw to some receivers today. The Steelers do not resume practice until tomorrow.

Cowher also listed safety Troy Polamalu (shoulder) and tight end Jerame Tuman (hamstring) as questionable for Monday's game.

Listed as probable are receiver Hines Ward (hamstring), tackle Max Starks (knee) and receiver Nate Washington (knee).

My question is, how in the hell did Troy injure his shoulder? As fast as he runs and some of those missed tackles, I think he needs to be re-adjusted and learn to slow down some. I love his fiery plays, but man, he is just wild out there.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    that's just cowher's attempt to play mind games, he'll play
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Addicted
    I can't imagine Troy not playing.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by koopa
    that's just cowher's attempt to play mind games, he'll play

You are so right!
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

ASU 4 LIFE
    brilliant!!!! i agree....he is just messing with the jags!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah I can't imagine Troy not playing either. I don't forsee Troy every slowing down or not playing with wreckless abandon. That's one of the things that makes him great, he's willing to lay it on the line every single play.

House of Steel
    Funny how the media plays along with Cowher. I knew there was something fishy about this article, they never said anything that night about Troy being hurt. That is nuts.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Cowher knows what he's doing, Im sure Troy may have a bit of a sore shoulder from either the game or practice but I can't imagine it's all that bad or we'd have heard about it long before now.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There may be some truth to the injury to Troy

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06256/721343-66.stm

Questionable for Monday with shoulder injury
    Wednesday, September 13, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Disputes abound about which player the Steelers can least afford to lose. No debate is creditable without including strong safety Troy Polamalu in the discussion.

The Steelers have never provided evidence for that one because Polamalu has not missed a game in his three previous seasons. However, coach Bill Cowher yesterday listed his All-Pro safety as questionable for the game Monday night in Jacksonville because of a shoulder injury from Thursday's 28-17 victory against Miami at Heinz Field.

Cowher said yesterday he did not know how Polamalu's shoulder was injured and provided no more details. He said Thursday night that the injury occurred in the first half.

Polamalu could be seen on the sideline having his shoulder looked at -- just before he returned to the field in the fourth quarter and intercepted a pass from Miami quarterback Daunte Culpepper to help sustain the Steelers' lead.

Polamalu has made the past two Pro Bowls and has helped make the Steelers' defense more complicated for opposing quarterbacks because of his versatility. He's in constant movement before and after the snap and can play safety, linebacker, cornerback and rush the passer.

He started every game the past two seasons and played in every game as a rookie in 2003. Polamalu ranked third on the team last year with 100 tackles, tops in the secondary. He also had three fumble recoveries and two interceptions, and his three sacks in one game tied an NFL record for a safety.

Cowher also listed tight end Jerame Tuman as questionable for Monday's game, as well as quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Tuman missed the opener with a hamstring injury.

"Jerame will work [today] and we will see how he feels Thursday and we will have more of an update on him later in the week," Cowher said.

The coach listed three players as probable this week: Receiver Hines Ward (hamstring), receiver Nate Washington (knee) and tackle Max Starks (knee).

Troy not playing on monday against Jacksonville... is like reporting that the sky is falling!

Cowher is taking to the mind games, as you have all mentioned, and trying to sike out Jacksonville. Troy's shoulder was probably just a little sore from playing in his first full game, becasue we all know he didn't really hit anybody agaisnt Miami he bounced off a lot of people but nothing looked to vicious to cause a shoulder injury for him to miss a game!

Thread Information