Thread: Top rookie: LaMarr Woodley

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed

Top rookie: LaMarr Woodley

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07250/815261-66.stm

Friday, September 07, 2007

LaMarr Woodley already has made history for the Steelers and he has not even played in a real game yet. When they drafted him in the second round in April, it was the first time in their history that they made their first two draft picks linebackers.

Lawrence Timmons was chosen with the 15th overall choice.
    Woodley wants to be more than a footnote to history, though, and it appears he will get that chance quickly. The Steelers plan to use him immediately in their passing defenses as an outside rusher from the left.

That's a position previously held by Jason Gildon, the team's career leader with 77 sacks, and Kevin Greene, who ended his NFL career with more sacks (160) than any linebacker since the NFL began keeping official count in 1982.

Woodley certainly knows his way around an offensive tackle. He was first-team All-American at Michigan after he finished with 12 sacks and 161/2 tackles for losses -- the most by a Michigan player since Larry Foote's 26 in the 2001 season.

Woodley, the 46th overall pick in the draft, will replace starting outside linebacker Clark Haggans in their nickel and dime defenses.
    Last edited by SteelersWoman; 09-07-2007 at 08:08 AM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im so excited to see what this Woodley can do for us in a real game situation now. The dude has just been awesome so far in camp and preseason, now it's time to turn it up a notch and let this kid tear it up !

My Mood
    Addicted
    Same here. Woodley is going to be a beast for us. I hope he tears Kellen Winslow's head off this Sunday!

I like the kid. I'm looking forward to him developing into one of the top LB in the NFL

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

He has definitely out shined Timmons... I just both these guys can turn some heads and become cornerstones for this defense heading into the future!

Here's the next in the great legacy of Steeler LB's. The guy's a stud already and I can see him only getting better under the tutilege of LeBeau!!

Thanks to BR7 for the sig

So do you think he'll ever start the whole game.

This guy is a beast comin off that edge. He has the size of a d-lineman but the speed of a LB
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICKTOWN BEAST View Post
    So do you think he'll ever start the whole game.
    He will more than likely replace Clarke Haggans next year. Clarke is going into his last year of his contract and there have been no stories of negotiations going on with him. He is in the 3+ million per year salary range and his skills are plateaud IMO. This year he replaces Clarke on 3rd downs, next year he replaces him on all downs. That's just my opinion but im sure some others might agree.

The question I have is where will Timmons fit into the starting line-up in the future? Harrison? Foote? Farrior? Who will he replace?
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I think Woodley starts by next year also and in place of Clark Haggans....But I wouldn't rule out Haggans being back as a backup.....I always thought he was better suited as a back up anyway....I'm not saying this will happen since Clark is probably going to want to get paid.....But you never know and he would know the Steelers system....The Steelers should at least try and bring Haggans back as backup...Like I said I doubt this happens though....

As for Timmons I think he will be a rover type player for the team going back and forth at OLB to ILB......But if you want to give him a official position then its possible he replaces Farrior at ILB in the near future....

Thread Information