Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the new face of Steeler Addicts

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation Welcome to the new face of Steeler Addicts

Welcome to the new look of Steeler Addicts !!

** The Forums **

We're pleased and excited to give you all the brand new face of SA ! Countless hours were spent in creation of the new look and we hope you all really enjoy it. We originally wanted to have this launched for the 1st anniversary of SA but it was just too hectic of a time to try and get it launched in the middle of summer so we delayed the launch.....until now !

A few of the highlights that you'll notice first off on the forums:

- The banners at the top, you'll notice they change everytime your screen refreshes. There basic banner stays the same with the logo but the players change. You'll also notice how the banners appear to be ripping out of the background; a really great touch that helps keep everything uniform looking.

- New Buttons, you'll notice on the main page and all over the forums; a completely redesigned set of buttons that really highlight and accent the new look. Everything from the "new posts" to "edit", "quote" , etc. have all been redone and they really turned out great !

-SA Watermark, you'll notice that in the text box when you post you'll see an SA watermark in the background. This gives that previously plain white area alittle sprucing up without being tacky and overbearing.

- Zoints has been removed at the overwhelming request of the members who really don't use it anymore.

- Default Avatars, you'll notice we have a whole new array of forum avatars for you to choose. Just click on UserCP and then on Edit Avatar and you can see all the new avatars to choose from; along with the ones we already have loaded up. Of course you can always load up your own avatar if you like still too.

- The VBplaza has a minor change too, the option for "user name glow" is no longer available. You can still purchase other username options with your SA gold just like before; with the exception of the glow feature.

- Postbit options, you'll also notice that you know have the option to see the Postbit on the top of each post like we had it before, or if you prefer you can now change it show on the side of each post. Just go into UserCP and click on Edit Options and scroll down. The postbit is the box that includes your username, avatar, online status, all your gifts and ribbons, etc. In regards to the gifts, they are only visible if you have the postbit set to TOP instead of LEFT. You can change this by going into your User CP option in the Navbar and then into Edit Options.

Just explore the forum and see what all there is to see, and have fun ! If you notice anything not working or any problems that you think need to be addressed just let us know.

Special thanks to BR7 for the countless hours he put into the graphix. We're extremely grafteful to him and his outstanding talent has shined through once again. The whole layout flows and the new sleek gfx just really tie everything together. All the avatars, buttons, and banners are top notch. When you're working on something as critical as the look of a forum you have to be particular and we we're definitely that. I can't tell you how many times we went back n forth trying to decide on what looked right and what didn't, what flowed and what looked out of place, which buttons to use and where. At some points it was a nightmare but the finished product is stellar and well worth all the efforts.

Thanks also to BR7's family for allowing him the time to work on the new look as we were up at all hours of the night on many occasions going back n forth with ideas.

** SA Homepage **

You'll also notice that our Homepage has been revamped as well. We used the same style there as we have here on the new forums look. Take some time to explore the new look of the homepage and check out all the features. AZ_Steeler did an absolutely outstanding job on it and put in countless hours of work to make this exceptional finished product. We're all proud of it and extremely grateful for all the efforts he made. He took a lot of the ideas that you the members gave us to help incorporate into the new look and it's also improved to help us be even more search engine friendly.

Take notice on the homepage that we have also added a section where you can download official SA wallpaper, free ! BR7 has whipped up some great walls for use and I put some up as well. This will always be a work in progress as we continue to add content as time allows.

Thanks also to Mrs AZ for allowing Chris the time he needed to work on the page and get it just right. Between all the "hey change this" or "I don't like that" or "hey lets try it this way" , Im surprised he even has any hair left

We hope you enjoy the new look of SA !!
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 09-11-2007 at 01:52 PM.

Homepage is soon to follow tonight!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Dude it looks great......Great work by all you talented mother****ers here at SA....Great job Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Standard
    I concur, it looks great! Good job you guys.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

very nice!

Sig by BR7

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I think the change is AWEsome! Thanks to all who spent long hours to give us a wonderful new look

love it...nice work! Thanks guys!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

I like it a lot.
    Great work!

Thanks House of Steel for the sig and avatar

We are still ironing out a few things... bear with us

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Wait till they get my bill.... lol

Thread Information