Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst draft pick ever ?

Bookmark and Share
    I knew I would stir the pot with my Plax pick The dude got on my nerves and he may not have been a bust but he's not with the Steelers now and the same goes with Troy Edwards who didn't amount to much at all! Plax was better than Edwards without a doubt, but my pick is Plax and I'm sticking to it

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan
    You are bringing back some memories now. Didn't we also have Bubby Brister at QB then too? Right after Malone?
    Yes sir we did but say what you all want about Bubby,but I liked him. He brought the fire back to Steeler football after all those stagnant years before.
    I remember a story about him in a team only meeting, throwing a chair thru a chalkboard to get the teams head out of there asses and the team went to the wildcard game, beat Houston and almost upset the Broncos( which I might add that Hoge had career games in both)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSal
    Yes sir we did but say what you all want about Bubby,but I liked him. He brought the fire back to Steeler football after all those stagnant years before.
    I remember a story about him in a team only meeting, throwing a chair thru a chalkboard to get the teams head out of there asses and the team went to the wildcard game, beat Houston and almost upset the Broncos( which I might add that Hoge had career games in both)
    That's right didn't Hoge set a record with those performances... something like first player to have back to back 100 yard games in his first two playoff games?

My Mood
    Addicted
    I actually kind of like Brister but wasn't a big fan of Hoge. He was a decent player and all. There was just something about him that drove me nuts....lol

Brister wasn't bad, but I did prefer him over the Steelers first attempt of a slash kind of player... Mark Malone! I would take Brister anyday over both Malone and Stewart!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
    I knew I would stir the pot with my Plax pick The dude got on my nerves and he may not have been a bust but he's not with the Steelers now and the same goes with Troy Edwards who didn't amount to much at all! Plax was better than Edwards without a doubt, but my pick is Plax and I'm sticking to it

Saying Plax was better than Troy isn't saying much. I'd take Charles Johnson over Troy Edwards anyday, and its not like Johnson ever did that much for us either. At times he was really good but most times he was inconsistent and never lived up tot he best WR in the draft status that he had when we got him instead of jonnie morton.

House of Steel
    To this day, I like to know why we let Yancey Thigpen hit the FA market. He was a very decent WR for us, I also can't believe we let Rod Woodson go also to the FA market. Those were two huge mistakes. I also missed Carnell Lake when he left the Steelers. Bubby Brister wasn't too bad of a QB, I kind of tolerated him, Merrill Hoge was a good back for us, I thought you guys would be higher up on him with your thoughts? I am surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel
    To this day, I like to know why we let Yancey Thigpen hit the FA market. He was a very decent WR for us, I also can't believe we let Rod Woodson go also to the FA market. Those were two huge mistakes. I also missed Carnell Lake when he left the Steelers. Bubby Brister wasn't too bad of a QB, I kind of tolerated him, Merrill Hoge was a good back for us, I thought you guys would be higher up on him with your thoughts? I am surprised.
    The thing about the Steelers is they seem to know when a player has reached and past his prime years. That's mainly the reason a lot of guys that were good at one point are let go. Plus the Steelers don't want to pay the outragous salary these individual feel they deserve when they are really getting close to the shore and being completely washed up!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I would have to go with Jamain Stephens. He did nothing with the Steelers. Then I would have go with Troy Edwards. After his solid rookie year. Edwards did nothing. I remember draft day 1999 screaming loud noooooooooooooooo at the TV when the Steelers reached for Troy Edwards in the first round. I thought it was a terrible pick when they picked him and it did hold true.

ASU 4 LIFE
    for steelers or all time?????

Thread Information