Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coaches will monitor wear on Parker

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSal
    With Bettis retired, Parker will now get that chance and I hope he makes the best of it and proves his doubters wrong. (incuding coaches)
    Willie is great with the screen passes and I've also seen him hold his own in blitze blocking protection and I feel that he can be a weapon if they kept him in on third downs.
    Excellent points, Sal. Willie greatest access along with his small frame and his speed, is the ability to cut and dash defenders. He has a little bit of Barry Sanders in him from watching the highlights of the Miami game. I notice his footwork and it is amazing. Coach Cowher has got to let Willie play, let him carry the load and allow Verron and Najeh to come in when he needs a breather. We got a lot of other weapons on offense, what the coaches need to do is to spread the offense out, that could help Willie's load quite a bit. We got a lethal passing game with loaded talent, we need to use the talents at the highest possible way. A balanced offense will go a long ways in overall health and limited wear on your players. I hope I am making sense.

It's a good thing our posts don't get deleted because I have mentioned this numerous times about Willie handling the ball 30 times a game. It scares me! It's a long season and 30 times a game means you are getting the snot knocked out of you an awful lot. If Najeh can live up to the expectations, then he can take the load off of Parker late in the game so he can stay healthy and be ready for the palyoffs, if the Steelers are fortunate enough to make it.

Cowher's comment has my wheels spinning now... "We are going to need Duce later in the year" is talking about the playoffs and the experience Duce brings to the table or he talking about a possible trade scenario?

My Mood
    Addicted
    If we need Duce later in the year why isn't he playing him a little more? And why keep trading or picking up other backs?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan
    If we need Duce later in the year why isn't he playing him a little more? And why keep trading or picking up other backs?
    That's a good point about the playing time, he won't be very valuable if he's just sitting on the sideline scarfing down twinkies! I wish Cowher would elaborate more on his comment rather than just throwing it out there and letting us decide what he was trying to say...

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
    That's a good point about the playing time, he won't be very valuable if he's just sitting on the sideline scarfing down twinkies! I wish Cowher would elaborate more on his comment rather than just throwing it out there and letting us decide what he was trying to say...
    You mean Pie, AZ, he is a pie loving freak.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You know Cowher, he beats around the bush whenever he hasnt fully made up his mind what he wants to do. Rather than say, we aren't sure yet he'll give a million and 1 reasons to defend the current status of a player or team until he decides to make up his mind.

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun
    You know Cowher, he beats around the bush whenever he hasnt fully made up his mind what he wants to do. Rather than say, we aren't sure yet he'll give a million and 1 reasons to defend the current status of a player or team until he decides to make up his mind.

All I got to say to that is,

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Don't get me wrong, I think BC is an awesome coach and a perfect fit for us. I hope he stays our coach for a good long time to come...but you know in his press conferences anytime he isn't sure he'll beat around the bush 9 ways to sunday to avoid answering a question with the answer everybody is waiting to hear.

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun
    Don't get me wrong, I think BC is an awesome coach and a perfect fit for us. I hope he stays our coach for a good long time to come...but you know in his press conferences anytime he isn't sure he'll beat around the bush 9 ways to sunday to avoid answering a question with the answer everybody is waiting to hear.

I will always be a Cowher Fan through and through.

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL

Thread Information