Thread: Super Bowl officiating

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Addicted

Super Bowl officiating

Found this link on another site and it goes into great detail about the calls everyone said went against Seattle in the Super Bowl. So the next time someone gives you any crap just point them to this link!

http://forum.officiating.com/showthread.php?t=24802
    Last edited by Steelersfan; 07-11-2006 at 01:26 AM.

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    Wow, that really just seals the deal and should convince everyone that the calls were the right ones. Either way though, nothing should be taken away from how well the Steelers played.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Addicted
    Ya, I hope they start dropping all the crap about how the Steelers didn't deserve to win. I hear it all the time being up here in Patriot country.

ASU 4 LIFE
    i work with this guy from washington, and first thing i hear every day is F*ck the steelers. i cant wait to get a rematch and we beat there asses again!!! I hate seattle!!!!!!!!!!

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar

I know the feeling all to well

Living in Philly. Eagles this Eagles that.....Blah blah. It will be fun to see the eagles crash and burn this year.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Nice Link very nice

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    Add this to the list:

1. On plays when there wasn't any penalties...one team made plays...and one team didn't.

2. The Refs didn't give up the longest run in Superbowl history........................................... ......Seattle did.

3. The Refs didn't get fooled out of their jocks on a 43 yd trick play, Randle to Ward for a TD, Seattle did.

4. The Refs didn't miss two field goals............................................. ..........................................Seattle did.

5. The Refs didn't drop 4 very catchable balls in KEY SITUATIONS........................................ ..Seattle's TE did.

6. And when the same Seattle TE finally caught a pass, he took 3 steps, was hit by the Safety and fumbled. ....But luckily for Seattle, "The Refs" ruled it Incomplete.

7. The Refs didn't carelessly let the 1st half clock tick from 48 seconds ALL THE WAY DOWN to 13 seconds before FINALLY running their next play.............................................. ...................Seattle did.

8a. On this play, 54 yds from a FG, 13 secs. left, who foolishly heaved it deep, trying for a TD, rather than a shorter play & timeout to set up an easier FG try which then missed by just a couple feet ?.....Seattle did.

8b. Then in 2nd half, 50 yds from a FG on 3rd down, Seattle boneheadedly does the same thing again, they go deep, ignoring trying to get a little closer for the FG which, again missed by a couple feet.

9a. On 3rd and 28, Pitt QB Big Ben MAKES a play, scrambling & completing a 37 yd pass to Seattle's 2.

9b. On 3rd and 18, Seattle's QB misreads Pitt's zone defense and throws an interception at Pitt's 5.

10. Speaking of 3rd downs, Pitt converted several 3rd downs with plays like the 37 yarder above, QB Runs when nobody was open, a nifty shuttle pass, a shoestring catch by Ward, etc.

...However, Seattle was only 5 for 17 on 3rd downs, with plays like the INT above, dropped passes, wrecklessly going deep in short yardage situations, etc.

11. Who got a break when Pitt WR Ward dropped an easy TD in the endzone? ......................Seattle did.

12. Who got a break when Pitt CB Taylor dropped an easy INT early in the game? ................Seattle did.

13. With a Pittsburgh WR wide open in the endzone for a TD that would've put Pitt up 21 - 3, who got a break on a gift-wrapped INT from Pitt QB Big Ben?.............................................. ....................................Seattle did.

14. Who got a break when the refs missed Sea. Center level Pitt's DE after play was over?....Seattle did

15. The Refs didn't fail to step out of bounds to stop the clock late in BOTH halves..................Seattle did.

16. Late in the game, needing a TD and FG, in no particular order and currently in easy FG range, who foolishly ignored the FG to fling it deep, throwing incomplete and losing the ball on downs ?.................Seattle did.

17. Who kept repeatedly punting through the endzone giving Pitt the ball at the 20?...............Seattle did.

18. Who outrushed Seattle and contained their star RB Stephen Alexander (the NFL's leading rusher) enough to force several 3rd downs? Pittsburgh.

19. Seattle...the sum total of all the above, your bad coaching decisions & clock mismanagement, breaks on big Pitt mistakes, breaks from the Refs, and your inability to make big plays adds up to...............NO EXCUSES!!!
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Addicted
    That's a good one. Some very good points.

I love how they all complain about the Roethlisberger TD run. I mean, how retarded are you? We have JEROME BETTIS. His whole job is to punch it in at the goal line, and he does it VERY WELL. If Roethlisberger hadn't gotten that TD, the Steelers still would have had the ball at the goal line, or maybe a couple inches away, at most. Bettis is going to get that, especially in his hometown. The only thing that would have done is take up a little bit more time. Plus, the replay clearly shows the ball broke the plane, and that's all that is required.

Sure, there were some close calls, that maybe wouldn't have been horrendous mistakes if they weren't called, but you know what? If you want to win a football game, you take advantage of a team's bad performance and put the game away. You don't drop tons of key passes, step out of bounds on what should be a TD catch, or make other mistakes that cost you scoring opportunities. The Steelers started off that game very poorly, but Seattle didn't take advantage of that.

Thread Information