Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Branch traded to Seahawks

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
    This should be a good game and will come down to which o-line plays the longest. The Cards started off strong last week, but I don't know if the o-line ran out of gas or if they just didn't have interest anymore. Should be a good game and give everyone a good indication of just where these two teams are early in the season!
    I was just reading the stats on the Cards-49ers game last week. They sure gave up a lot of ground yards to the Niners. Looks like this could be the week SA actually starts his season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan
    I don't think Branch is going to help Seattle get to the SB. Or I should say make them that much better than they already are. He is not a #1 WR but is decent. I think this will hurt the Pats more than help the Seahawks.
    Yeah, it was an interesting move by the Hawks. There definately wasn't a burning need at WR. It jsut makes them better at a position they were already good at. Now if D-Jack or Burleson go out with a severe injury, it will make the move look brilliant. But I expect a lot of criticism in the upcoming weeks as history tells us that recievers need some time to adjust to our offense. Or rather Hasselbeck needs time to adjust to them since most of our throws are based on timing schemes. I think people are hoping he cna learn a couple plays in the first week or two and just go in for special situations right now.

Wow! You really think they were solid at WR? I'd say the Seahawks have one of the worst 1-2 punches in the NFL. Jackson is a servicable #1, but Burleson has yet to really do anything. Branch is a considerable upgrade over either, even though he's hardly elite.

The Pats are retarded. They lost Givens, and then they got rid of Branch. I hope they enjoyed those 4 total catches by WRs against Buffalo. They better hope Maroney can carry the offense, because otherwise they just took a huge step back in a division where the Dolphins have taken big steps forward. I mean, this is a team that was 10-6 last year, and should be even worse this year with the people they've lost, and yet people still pick them for the Super Bowl. WTF?

The Pats need to learn that you can't just get rid of all your good players when it comes time to pay them. Everyone always talks about how smart the Pats are with the salary cap. That's bull. The Steelers are smart with the salary cap. The Rooneys won't overspend on players. But the difference here is that the Rooneys actually WILL pay players that are good, whereas the Pats don't give a damn who you are, if you ask for money you're gone. The Steelers system allows them to be consistently good, while never being in cap trouble. But the Pats' system works for a while, untill they run out of replacement players or get rid of too many guys, and they will learn that the hard way this year.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

It's not going to be easy to remove the Pats nuts from the media's collective mouths, but it'll happen. The main reason is that so many prognosticators got burnt picking against them when they were still a quality football team, and now they're a little gunshy about picking against them. Sunday was just forsehadowing...make no mistake, the Pats are rebuilding.

Going back to the Seahawks WR tandem, there were several TE's that outperformed Jackson last year in both receiving yards and receptions. Burleson did almost nothing. WR was a glaring need for them, and it explains why they overpaid for Branch.

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim
    It's not going to be easy to remove the Pats nuts from the media's collective mouths, but it'll happen. The main reason is that so many prognosticators got burnt picking against them when they were still a quality football team, and now they're a little gunshy about picking against them. Sunday was just forsehadowing...make no mistake, the Pats are rebuilding.

Going back to the Seahawks WR tandem, there were several TE's that outperformed Jackson last year in both receiving yards and receptions. Burleson did almost nothing. WR was a glaring need for them, and it explains why they overpaid for Branch.
    Jackson's numbers weren't so hot because he missed much of the season with an injury. I think he only played in 5 or 6 regular season games but he put up good numbers in those games if my memory is correct. His injury happened right as we were starting our hot streak that didn't really end till we faced you guys. We were all pretty shocked that the backup WRs filled in almost seamlessly for Jackson. But, one of the guys who stepped up was Joe Jurevicius who is plying his wares for the Browns now. I know Burleson didn't put up big numbers last year but I think most of his las season was slost to injury as well. We are kinda banking that he will return to his pre injury form.

Our other WRs have proven to be consistantly good but not spectacular recievers. But with our offense that more on 7 yard routes, it seemed to work well.

It sure does seem like we could have picked up a usable TE in that draft though.

House of Steel
    I think if everyone plays healthy in Seattle, they get Jerramy Stevens back, and figure out how to light a fire under the offensive line's ***, Seattle is going to be extremely dangerous team. I know Holmgren is going to try and get every ounce of talent out of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel
    I think if everyone plays healthy in Seattle, they get Jerramy Stevens back, and figure out how to light a fire under the offensive line's ***, Seattle is going to be extremely dangerous team. I know Holmgren is going to try and get every ounce of talent out of everyone.
    I do think the O-Line will play better. The big question is whether Floyd "PorkChop" Womack will be able to keep his spot at L Guard or if we or going to throw our 1st round draft for center (from 2 years ago) Chris Spencer into the slot at LG. A lot of people thought Pork Chop was going to do a fine job. We'll have to see if he pulls it together. Its hard to believe anybody with a football name like Pork Chop isn't up to the task.

House of Steel
    Its hard to believe anybody with a football name like Pork Chop isn't up to the task.
    You might want to ask Peter Brady that question. PORK CHOPS and APPLESAUCE!!! If his nickname is Pork Chop, then he must be a fat a**.

Thread Information