Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Branch traded to Seahawks

Bookmark and Share
    Tha BEER Guy, Beer HEERRE
    The pats dont care who you are they are going to give you what they think you are worth. Its a shame a guy can do this and get away with it. Branch is a whiner.

No doubt the Hawks overpaid, but they were desperate. Their WR corps wasn't making any defense (even the 49ers) shake in their shoes. They are upgraded significantly with this pick up. It was definitely a "Win now or never win" move, since Branch isn't worth what they gave up over the long run.

Lots of talk out here today about the trade. I think most people were hoping that we could have gotten him for a 2nd round pick. But a lot of people counter with a bird in the hand argument... its better to give up a (hopefully late) first round pick for someone you know is good rather gamble on a draftee. WR was not one of our positions that had depth problems. But we had cap room and they chose to take a good available athlete.

From what I understand, Branch is a reciever that is a lot like our current top receiver Darrel Jackson with maybe more of a deep threat aspect to him. Sounds like he is pretty small but does a lot after he gets the ball. The one thing our WRs have had difficulty with has been getting seperation when teams jam them. There have been games when Hasslebeck has had few targets besides our TE Stevens. Word is that Branch does a really good job of freeing himself up.

We are going to have a lot of options now at WR now. I don't think anyone thinks this addition was going to make or break our offense. We anticipate its going to take a while to feel the benefit of his signing as it seems to take a while to learn our offense (See Nate Burleson). But I think most people think that it makes one of our better positions even stonger and is good insurance for an oft injured position.

$39 million over six years. Not a bad deal if you can get it. I'm glad for Branch. He deserved to get what he wanted and be used to his full potential. I too think the Pats made a mistake and kudos to the Hawks.

$39 over 6 is too rich IMO. This will look brilliant if the Seahawks win a SB, but I don't think that's going to happen...

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by suitanim
    $39 over 6 is too rich IMO. This will look brilliant if the Seahawks win a SB, but I don't think that's going to happen...
    Not as long as that Fat Walrus is running things. They got some serious problems with that Offensive Line. Arizona is going to challenge them for the NFC West title. I can't wait to see the Cardinals take on the Seahawks and upset them. It is very possible.

The Cards get their first crack at em this weekend...

House of Steel
    Yep, and don't be surprised to see an upset in the making. It is very possible. Cards 21-17 my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
    The Cards get their first crack at em this weekend...
    This should be a good game and will come down to which o-line plays the longest. The Cards started off strong last week, but I don't know if the o-line ran out of gas or if they just didn't have interest anymore. Should be a good game and give everyone a good indication of just where these two teams are early in the season!

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't think Branch is going to help Seattle get to the SB. Or I should say make them that much better than they already are. He is not a #1 WR but is decent. I think this will hurt the Pats more than help the Seahawks.

Thread Information