Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Branch traded to Seahawks

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation Branch traded to Seahawks

From KFFL...

Branch traded to Seattle

ESPNews reports the New England Patriots have traded WR Deion Branch to the Seattle Seahawks in return for a first-round draft choice.
    Looks like the Pats got what they wanted for Branch all along in a 1st round pick.

House of Steel
    Oh Man!!! I bet Hawk Believer is skippy today about this one. Branch is going to boost that offense even more. WOW!! I guess the dynasty of New England has officially lost one of their key players in their quest. WHO CARES!!

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel
    Oh Man!!! I bet Hawk Believer is skippy today about this one. Branch is going to boost that offense even more. WOW!! I guess the dynasty of New England has officially lost one of their key players in their quest. WHO CARES!!
    Branch isn't going to be the reason the offense get better, because as HB touched on in the "Sloopy Week 1" thread, he said the Seahawks big problem is the offensive line, especially considering they gave up 5 sacks yesterday after allowing an average of 2 per game.

He's definitely a great addition to the Seahawks but it really doesn't do any good if Hasselback doesn't have the time to throw him the ball.

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
    Branch isn't going to be the reason the offense get better, because as HB touched on in the "Sloopy Week 1" thread, he said the Seahawks big problem is the offensive line, especially considering they gave up 5 sacks yesterday after allowing an average of 2 per game.

He's definitely a great addition to the Seahawks but it really doesn't do any good if Hasselback doesn't have the time to throw him the ball.
    Once again, call me, Stuck on Stupid today. Your absolutely right, you trumped me. What is it with me anymore?

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Holy **** great move by the hawks

House of Steel
    Yeah, now watch everyone claim him off waivers for Fantasy Football, I am not going to bother cause of that offensive line like AZ pointed out.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    With all the players that the Hawks picked up in the offseason, including Branch, as a group they match the salary cap hit that Hutchinson would have been had the Hawks kept him. Interesting either way, but the Hawks got a top notch WR, although I think they overpaid for him.

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I made this after he was traded:

House of Steel
    LOL, that picture looks gay. I am sorry for the remark, but darn.

After watching the game yesterday, I think the pats made a mistake letting him go, but I guess they had no other choice. He is an excellent player. Hopefully we find someone just as good or better than Branch. It is annoying to see the premiere receiver leave. We are in a bad shape but we are rebuilding, so we will see. I guess we are moving from pass first, run next to run first, pass next team. Seattle must be getting awfully close to the salary cap now. I guess its a price you pay when you are one of the better teams in NFL.

Thread Information