Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    ward isnt better than 95% of the guys out there, but hes certainly better than joe or stallworth combined

Uhh, Wright will NEVER be anything more than a career back-up. Harrison has, and I hate this word, potential but he pretty much refuses to get involved in the pass game, thus isn't in on 3rd downs and does not get a lot of action. He thinks way too much of himself. Honestly, he is nothing more than a change-up guy. Ours are better. Trust me here, bud.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ward to me is still a top 10 WR in this league and considering how many there on each team; ok I'll say 90%. A reliable Hines Ward is worth more to me than Chad Johnson, Braylon Edwards or anyone on that level of play. The only thing those guys have on Hines is that they are younger. There's only a handful of guys that I would take over Ward right now in the NFL, and a small handful at that. That doesn't mean I'd give Hines another 5 yr deal or anything but if we're talking this year, 2008, yeah I'd take Ward for the simple fact that he's tough, reliable, and isn't afraid to lay it on the line.

just like benson was going to tear it up for bears right?? im sure this guy will be good, but needs to prove it first, just like all rookies.

The NFL is getting bigger, and smaller WRs are having alot more problems out there. holmes is not a #1 guy.

why did you call stallworth glass?? he missed only 4 games the last 4 years.

I think the saying should be more like this '' ahhh look out get off the shitter I need to drop a squealler''

what sounds better: drop a squealler or drop a brown?

by the way K-train, why do u have a video pic of me banging your girl?? Yes i went there.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Why isn't Holmes a #1 guy, he certainly plays like it. We are just beginning to tap the potential of this kid. He's already learned from the best in Hines Ward and now he's really coming into his own. Those 2 make a tandem that's as good as any WR duo in the league right now.

As far as Mendenhall, yeah he's an unproven as all rookies are. Nobody is saying he's going to be a pro bowler in his first year but considering how good he was in college, his size and athletic ability, I'd say his chances of succeeding are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Uhh, Wright will NEVER be anything more than a career back-up. Harrison has, and I hate this word, potential but he pretty much refuses to get involved in the pass game, thus isn't in on 3rd downs and does not get a lot of action. He thinks way too much of himself. Honestly, he is nothing more than a change-up guy. Ours are better. Trust me here, bud.

who are you talking about?? harrison RB for the browns?? 1st off how does he think to much of himself?? he is are 3rd string back. also wright and lewis are the ones who catches the ball. how the hell can anyone refuse something?? that would be called fired if you do. or crannel would sit on him.So u trust me bud. and don't go makin stuff up about people when thats not even there job.

ward is not a top 10 WR anymore, thats just stupid.

He called himself the best Running Back of te 2005 Draft Class. Crennel does sit him. That is why he isn't the top backup. Wright comes in on Third Downs, I believe. And TG, I would easily take Braylon Edwards over Ward. No offense to Ward, but Edwards is a beast.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    by the way K-train, why do u have a video pic of me banging your girl?? Yes i went there.
    Ohhhh Snap Son. He fuc*ing got you. K. He Fuc*ing got you. *sarcasm.
    Last edited by steelcityrockers; 07-03-2008 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Why isn't Holmes a #1 guy, he certainly plays like it. We are just beginning to tap the potential of this kid. He's already learned from the best in Hines Ward and now he's really coming into his own. Those 2 make a tandem that's as good as any WR duo in the league right now.

As far as Mendenhall, yeah he's an unproven as all rookies are. Nobody is saying he's going to be a pro bowler in his first year but considering how good he was in college, his size and athletic ability, I'd say his chances of succeeding are pretty good.

I wish holmes the best man, its not his fault the steelers drafted him, but I have a hard time seeing him as a #1 guy. right now ward still gets a double team, holmes can burn most corner's down field, but like I said, corners are getting bigger stronger and faster, and holmes doing well as a #1 will be hard.

Ewards, stallworth > ward, holmes

If you were a gm for a team. and steelers offered you ward and holmes for Ewards by himself what would u say?? hell no, case closed.

anyways if there any chance in just talkin football with you guys ill try.

has pacman opps adam jones been granted the right to play this season? I know he can practice.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    I wish holmes the best man, its not his fault the steelers drafted him, but I have a hard time seeing him as a #1 guy. right now ward still gets a double team, holmes can burn most corner's down field, but like I said, corners are getting bigger stronger and faster, and holmes doing well as a #1 will be hard.

Ewards, stallworth > ward, holmes

If you were a gm for a team. and steelers offered you ward and holmes for Ewards by himself what would u say?? hell no, case closed.

anyways if there any chance in just talkin football with you guys ill try.

has pacman opps adam jones been granted the right to play this season? I know he can practice.
    We're all about talking football here dude, that's what we enjoy. You can't fault us though for getting alittle edgy just to spice things up. LOL.

Pacman just needs to give it up, the guy has killed any opportunity to make a career out of football IMO. It's such waste of talent.

ya'll play nice now
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 07-03-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Steve Smith is a small guy. He is terrible as a primary option, isn't he? I would not trade Ward and Holmes for Edwards. I would trade Ward for Edwards. And I would trade Holmes for Edwards, but I would not trade both of them. I would even trade Ward, a 1st, and a 3rd for him. But I would keep Holmes. The guy will be the ****. Won't be a HOFer, but he should have a ery solid career. He is still a little raw, but is coming along quite nicely. He is having an excellent career so far, in fact in Edwards first two seasons, he had 93 catches, 1396 yrads and 9 touchdowns. Holmes in his first two seasons has had 101 catches, 1766 yards and 10 Touchdowns. Both have missed time with injury. Oh and Holmes also has a Punt-Return TD.

Thread Information