Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    talkin about when Ewards and holmes rookie seasons ntil now. at the time browns O-line was horrible and steelers was still pretty good. now the browns o-line is ranked #1 by many, but top 5 by everyone. while steelers o-line is not horrible, but not as good.

you can have my mom, if your into the old chicks then thats all you man. You also might get the clap, just saying.
    first you sit here and say Mendenhall isn't **** without playing a down....well im going to say....your o line aint **** until it plays this year....b/c you know damn well our D is going to own you again...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    I wouldnt...Carr is a tough ****er who never got a fair shake...I mean really....the ****in Texans? If Frye got hit as much as Carr, I doubt he would be a starter much longer....I still think Carr has what it takes IMO.
    I agree with ya on that one, Carr is as tough as it comes but the Carr has played for the Texans and Panthers; 2 teams that have nobody special on the OL to say the least. If you put Carr behind an OL like the Cowboys, Pats, or Green Bay he'd probably be doing pretty darn well.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I got tired of cleveland forums because just alot of cavs talk right now, so whated to see what was going on in the land of titsburgh. But there was nothin so I just thought ill make some comments, and by the looks of it, I drove some of you guys nuts.

All I said was the browns look real good, and now you guys are calling me a used car saleman?? I hate flordia, if I had land down there I would burn it. Im not looking to get in any huge arguements right now, save that for the season, i just would like your guys honest opinions on some topics.

1. what do u guys really think about the browns and how there improving?

The Browns are the only competition for the Steelers in the AFC North this year....They're improving and don't blame them for selling their future to make a run now...Your window can close fast in the NFL....But I don't think Rogers and Williams are good fits for the 3-4...Rogers is vastly over-rated and hasn't been the most motivated player at times...He also has that nice huge contract from the Browns.....Both can rush the passer though...But are not the ideal run stopping DL you need for a 3-4.....I also see a potential QB controversy brewing for the Browns...Especially if Anderson struggles...Sometimes that can divide a team....The Browns secondary sucks...lol

2. why are the steelers getting rid of davenport, He did ok last season, and who is your guys 3rd string RB then?
    Pretty simple answer to this question....Rashard Mendenhall was drafted with a first round pick and Mewelde Moore was brought through free agency.....The Steelers are also high on Gary Russell....An undrafted RB that made the team last year.....Davenport wasn't really needed anymore...Plus when given the chance as the starter last year after Parker went down....Davenport didn't really help himself especially in the play-off loss to the Jags....

first you sit here and say Mendenhall isn't shiat without playing a down....well im going to say....your o line aint shiat until it plays this year....b/c you know damn well our D is going to own you again...

But the browns O-line already played together last season. and was ranked I believe 3rd. so ummm ya. All the same guys coming back, plus had a few guys who started for other teams to be are backups. mendenhall did not play in the NFL last season did he?? I could be wrong but don't think so.
    Last edited by dawgs; 07-04-2008 at 03:39 PM.

Reppin' 724
    But the browns O-line already played together last season. and was ranked I believe 3rd. so ummm ya. All the same guys comnig back, plus had a few guys who started for other temas to be are backups. mendenhall did not play in hte NFL last season did he?? I could be wrong but don't think so.
    I'll give the standard cleveland answer...last year doesn't mean anything.

I thought you were done with us until the season started? guess that "party" was pretty lame last night.

I'll give the standard cleveland answer...last year doesn't mean anything.

I thought you were done with us until the season started? guess that "party" was pretty lame last night.

I did not leave for the party until 11:00pm like i said. got back around 2-3 because i needed some sleep for today.

Last year does not mean anything unless your cheating. Like if the NFL commish goes '' ok the giants won the superbowl last season, lets have them win it again this season.'' Thats the only way last season effects this season. But the browns O-line has alot of proven guys. thomas, steinbach, fraley, tucker, shaffer. So expect the same. Steelers def is nothing special anymore. The only game your def did anything was against charlie frye, but when anderson replaced him he played very good.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    So the defense that manhandled you last year and the year before and the year before....and being crippled in the process because of not having a healthy Arron Smith or Troy Polamalu or Ryan Clark or a quality OLB opposite Silverback is nothing special? uummmm, ok.....

The Steelers D also shut out Seattle, and kept the Bengals in check. Oh and they were ranked #1 in the League. They also had a number of other moments that I don't feel lie re-hashing.

Reppin' 724
    this guy is a bigger homer than some of the old steeler heads around here....

this guy is a bigger homer than some of the old steeler heads around here....

NO!! you guys are the bigger homers, My god I tried to change the subject like 4 times and you guys can't get off your teams damn jock. Guess it is true that steelers fans don't know shiat, unless its dealing with there own team. and thats even a queation. Well thats why I came here, to get your thoughts of other topics around the NFL, but you guys are to full of yourselfs. So **** you all. Your team is nothin anymore, your not the power house you guys once was, so get over it. There are so many teams that are alot better then the steelers, So get your head of your asses, and watch some FOOTBALL!!!!

Im done, this is stupid, Ill come back and rub it in after week 2.

Thread Information