Thread: Drug allegations against Tim Couch

Bookmark and Share
    SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar

Drug allegations against Tim Couch

Documents obtained by Yahoo! Sports indicate quarterback Tim Couch had regimens that called for the use of anabolic steroids and human growth hormone while he attempted to revive his NFL career after a three-year hiatus from the league.

The regimens outlined in the documents with Couch's name printed across the top called for extensive use of drugs banned by the NFL.

Couch, the No. 1 pick in the 1999 NFL draft, told Yahoo! Sports he briefly took HGH – which is banned by the NFL – in hopes the drug would help him recover from shoulder surgery. But he denied using steroids or any other banned drugs and said he had never seen the documents.

The documents allegedly prepared for Couch were provided by a source who requested anonymity because he said he fears for his safety. He is a former associate of Brian Yusem, a self-styled nutritionist in Boca Raton, Fla., who has worked with Couch since January 2006.

Yusem called the documents "worthless" and added, "Just because somebody prints something and says this is the protocol I would suggest doesn't mean somebody has the obligation to do it or did it."

The source also said he saw Couch being injected with steroids in Yusem's office and saw Couch pick up steroids and HGH at Yusem's office.

Yusem stressed that privacy laws prevent him from disclosing anything about Couch's treatment, but he said Couch was under the care of a licensed physician and that nothing illegal took place. "All I'm doing and all I care about is helping people," Yusem said. "That's why I've surrounded myself with professionals and properly licensed professionals to do what I was not licensed to do."

In previous interviews, Yusem denied Couch used HGH or steroids and largely attributed the quarterback's dramatic gains in strength to a product they call Laxogenin, which Couch has endorsed in a videotaped testimonial.

Couch, 30, was cut by the Jacksonville Jaguars on Aug. 18, and a Jaguars spokesman said the team was unaware of allegations that Couch had used steroids and HGH. Dan Edwards, the Jaguars spokesman, said the decision to release Couch was based solely on the team's logjam at the quarterback position.

Read more

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    Hell he played for the clowns I would be a drug addict also.

My Mood
    Angry
    Couch wont be able to stick on a NFL roster long enough in order to worry about being suspended by the league.

WaterBoy
    and to think this guy was once a number 1 pick for the clowns. almost makes you feel sorry for them. almost.

Heard this on sirius today and went

What can Brown do for you,,,,,,,,,,

Just ask tim CR--ouch !

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    Documents obtained by Yahoo! Sports indicate quarterback Tim Couch had regimens that called for the use of anabolic steroids and human growth hormone while he attempted to revive his NFL career after a three-year hiatus from the league.

The regimens outlined in the documents with Couch's name printed across the top called for extensive use of drugs banned by the NFL.

Couch, the No. 1 pick in the 1999 NFL draft, told Yahoo! Sports he briefly took HGH – which is banned by the NFL – in hopes the drug would help him recover from shoulder surgery. But he denied using steroids or any other banned drugs and said he had never seen the documents.

The documents allegedly prepared for Couch were provided by a source who requested anonymity because he said he fears for his safety. He is a former associate of Brian Yusem, a self-styled nutritionist in Boca Raton, Fla., who has worked with Couch since January 2006.

Yusem called the documents "worthless" and added, "Just because somebody prints something and says this is the protocol I would suggest doesn't mean somebody has the obligation to do it or did it."

The source also said he saw Couch being injected with steroids in Yusem's office and saw Couch pick up steroids and HGH at Yusem's office.

Yusem stressed that privacy laws prevent him from disclosing anything about Couch's treatment, but he said Couch was under the care of a licensed physician and that nothing illegal took place. "All I'm doing and all I care about is helping people," Yusem said. "That's why I've surrounded myself with professionals and properly licensed professionals to do what I was not licensed to do."

In previous interviews, Yusem denied Couch used HGH or steroids and largely attributed the quarterback's dramatic gains in strength to a product they call Laxogenin, which Couch has endorsed in a videotaped testimonial.

Couch, 30, was cut by the Jacksonville Jaguars on Aug. 18, and a Jaguars spokesman said the team was unaware of allegations that Couch had used steroids and HGH. Dan Edwards, the Jaguars spokesman, said the decision to release Couch was based solely on the team's logjam at the quarterback position.

Read more

Well if there is any truth to this say goodbye Tim Couch. Players in the NFL should be aware by now that the commisioner takes a dim view of activities like this.

Waterboy
    well timmay couch can now make his 3 yr hiatus a lil bit longer...........no way the ex clown stays in the nfl after this

Thread Information