Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bus Stuck in Reverse

Bookmark and Share
    Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar

Bus Stuck in Reverse

Anyone catch the halftime interview with Bettis talking about comments he made in his book?

Listen, I liked the Bus as a Steeler, but the dude reverted to using scripted answers to say he wasn't taking shots at anybody even though his body gestures and high-pitched voice (like a kid in trouble) made him appear like a backpeddling liar trying to pass his quotes off as meaningless.

Stick with this one -- it relates to the topic at hand... Eventually.

Back in the dark ages - before DirecTV, before Cowher, before Bettis - I had a semi unfortunate one night stand with a pretty, yet damaged, young lady. I was clear with her that it was a one night stand -- she agreed. Those were the ground rules. Only she kept showing up at my room, my dining hall, my classrooms.

I was friends with an ex-boyfriend of hers. Took to calling her "the anti-christ" with him, and joking about her, and how "scary" she was, and other nice friendly things. I didn't know that the two of them were still close friends.

She called me on it. Confronted me in the dining hall in front of all my other friends. And I looked JUST LIKE Jerome Bettis did last night on TV. When he wrote what he wrote, he was like "What the hell, I don't play anymore, I can be courageous..." but as soon as the media got ahold of it, he realized how badly he blew it down his leg.

That was a classic face of a backtracker -- someone who is trying to make a comment sound like something it wasn't.

Like I said above, I liked JB the player, but JB the spokesman ain't doing it for me.

I agree he looked like a kid in school that had gotten called on by the teacher to answer a question that he did'nt know the answer to.He opened this pandoras box,so now he better be ready to deal with it.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Wish I could have seen it.

I'm A "Champion"

How courageous is it to throw nearly an entire team and coaching staff underneath himself (the Bus)?

The fury of the Steeler Nation shall be unleashed!

As to his answers - he wanted nothing to do with the question Collinsworthless posed to him about Stewart because he has now realized he was talking out of his *** about the whole situation. The drug dealer question - might as well asked him if we should all forgive Vick.

Thanks to BR7 for the sig

I missed it . Kinda glad I did. Don't want to see him become just another "sour grapes" ex-player, who uses their new media job to constantly plead their case. I don't want to think of My Bus in the same way as Irvin, Sanders, and these other guys who keep wanting to tell us how much they had to overcome internally with their teams. I get it , you faced adversity, everyone who put your uniform on did.
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

He was definitely back pedaling last night... I was waiting for the classic line "Well everyone else has done it!" but thankfully he didn't take that route. I'm on the fence when it comes to the bus. I understand his new media role, but this book and the comments being made really have me intrigue now and I think I just might read it to see what he really said. That's really all we have left to do because all of these stories lately hasn't had any excerpts taken from the book so maybe the Bus is telling the truth... however, if you need to explain yourself about what you wrote then maybe you didn't do a good job writing the book!

Like I said, Bettis the football analyst isn't cutting it for me. It's clearly not his thing .... The first thing I would do if I were him is fire his publicist / manager for some horrendous PR decisions of late.

My Mood
    Angry
    I saw the interview and Jerome did look like he was caught a little bit surprised that he was called out on a couple of issues. He tried to explain that what was said in the book and what was meant were two different things and that they were taken out of context.
    I don't know if I believe it......I need to read the book.

Bettis wasn't caught off guard ..... As a result of having scripted answers, you can tell he asked for the opportunity to explain his comments because of the media frenzy around some of his comments this past week. NBC set it up as if they were asking him questions off the cuff ..... which they weren't.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    As much as I like Bettis, I`m having a hard time dealing with his book crap. Especially just a little over a year removed from the game. Controvery sells, he blew it though!

Thread Information