* Quit turning the damn ball over, that killed us last year and we had 2 tonight in the first half by the starters.
* Ben needs to quit forcing the issue. He was 13-25 247 yds tonight so he had a good half stat wise and made some good plays, good reads, keep plays alive, etc but also forced the issue way too many times and on the first series just flat out should have taken the sack instead of throwing up that lame duck. When he takes what the D gives him, he's fine but he gets antsy still.
*Fast Willie needs to hold onto the damn ball ! I know it's preseason and all but still, the dude fumbled right on the goal line. He didn't look real good tonight over all other than the TD run and a couple nice gains.
*OL is just starting to play together so they need time but at least they got a half to work together.
* Willie Reid needs to get his head out of his ***. If this kid makes the team it needs to be as a WR because Tomlin needs to keep him off the return team. He fumbled again tonight and just looks completely confused out there trying to return kicks just like he has all preseason. He hasn't shown me anything this year yet. I'd sooner let Wilson back there. I don't want Holmes returning punts, he's a full time starter now and we need to get him all the experience we can there and not wear him out on returns or risk injury right now. I know ARE did double duty for us but Holmes needs to concentrate on WR at this point IMO.
* Kreider needs to stay, I think he cemented his roster spot tonight with solid blocking and catching the pass from Ben.
* Defense looked decent overall. They let some plays go here and there especially in the running game but overall Im ok with where they are at. Anthony Smith had a wicked hit at the goal line but Ryan Clark was bringing the wood too. Ike Taylor was all over the field and seems like he's ready to go. The pass rush got a few sacks in and was in the backfield on many occasions against the first team.
* The DB's need to quit giving such a damn cushion. I hate seeing them give 5-10 yds almost every time. It's 3rd and 3 and we're giving them 5 yds already. These guys can play bump and run so let them do it more often.
* Hines and Santonio are going to be beastly for us, both of them were playing well. Heath is money for us, the dude is just awesome. On that play in the first quarter he had like 2 guys just bounce off of him while he was catching the ball and running towards the goal line.
Overall the starters have the potential but they need to tighten things up. Get rid of the turnovers first and foremost or we're toast, plain and simple. The first quarter we played like crap with the 2 turnovers and the poor field position but in the 2nd half they played much better and got some good drives together and finished the deal with points.