Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Fighter

Bookmark and Share

Ultimate Fighter

For those of you into UFC... The first episode of the new season is on SPIKE TV tonight at 10:00 PM EST.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    oh ****, thanks for posting this, i had no idea it was already starting, now i know why tna is starting at a "special" time today...........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    I've only seen ultimate fighting one night...two matches...on a payperview. I'm assuming this is the same thing. I was amazed how long the refs let the fight go on. In the first fight, the guy's head was cut open....let out an amazing amount of blood and they still kept going. Talk about punishing your body! Didn't really even clean it up much for the 2nd match. Yuck!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    well this show has fights, but it's a reality show
    The Ultimate Fighter is a reality television series and mixed martial arts (MMA) competition, originating from United States, and produced by Spike TV and the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). In a format similar to the TV series Survivor and Big Brother, professional MMA fighters that have yet to be featured by major MMA promotions are situated in a house outside of Las Vegas, Nevada and compete against each other for the title of Ultimate Fighter, winning a six-figure, multi-fight contract with the UFC.

For the first four seasons, prospect UFC fighters were selected in two weight classes. Season five features only lightweights, and thus was not divided in weight classes. The fighters are divided into two teams, irrespective of weight class, each team coached by a current UFC headliner. The teams then compete (in a manner which varies by season) to determine which team would have the right to pair one of their own fighters against an opponent of their choice in the same weight class to an MMA match, the loser eliminated from the house. At the end of a season, the two remaining fighters of each weight class are placed in a single-elimination tournament, where the title of Ultimate Fighter is awarded to the winner.

The show features the daily preparations each fighter makes to train for competition and the interactions they have with each other living under the same roof. Day-to-day events on the show are overseen by UFC president Dana White.

With the exception of the season finales, fights on The Ultimate Fighter are sanctioned by the Nevada Athletic Commission as exhibition matches and do not count for or against a fighters professional record. This is done to keep the results from going public before the air date.

and here's what season 5 is all about
    The Ultimate Fighter 5 is the fifth season of the reality television and mixed martial arts series The Ultimate Fighter. As with the show's usual format, sixteen prospective Ultimate Fighting Championship fighters are secluded in a house near Las Vegas, Nevada and will train together while participating in a single-elimination tournament, with the winner winning a six-figure UFC contract. This season will feature only one weight class, the lightweights (145-155 lb), and the fighters will be divided into two teams, coached by former UFC Lightweight Champion Jens Pulver, and former UFC Welterweight Champion and lightweight contender B.J. Penn. UFC President Dana White continues as host.[1]

The two coaches, along with the finalists of the tournament, will fight at The Ultimate Finale, a televised MMA fight card that will air live at the completion of the series.

The series will premiere April 5, 2007 on Spike TV in the United States and Canada at 10:00pm ET/PT. Filming began in mid-January 2007.[2] The season will conclude on June 23.[3] The Coaches, Jens Pulver and BJ Penn, will face each other in a lightweight bout in the main event of the season finale.

Rookie Free Agent
    tks for reminding me I'll be sure to watch it.

No problem guys... I love the show and rarely miss an episode.

They just interveiwed the coaches Penn and Pulver and they genuinely hate eachother.
    Last edited by BB2W; 04-05-2007 at 09:16 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BB2W View Post
    No problem guys... I love the show and rarely miss an episode.

They just interveiwed the coaches Penn and Pulver and they genuinely hate eachother.
    and i genuinely hate penn lol.....................

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    and i genuinely hate penn lol.....................
    I like Penn...

This season is gonna be INTENSE!

I love it!!!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i hate penn, i don't really know much about him, i've seen his highlights, and he's seems badass, but the second fight between him and matt hughes made me hate him, during the pre fight interviews, he was pissing me off the way he presents himself, like a stuck up bastard lol

and then he can't do something as simple as pick one fighter at a time, he has make it all awkward and **** lol

but yeah, this season is gonna be badass.........and penn is gonna kill Pulver when they fight in june

I've been watching UFC since well before Penn hit the seen... and when he did it was "Reggie Bush like". He was a phenom! I've liked him ever since, plus I hate St. Pierre and Hughes... his main competition.

He is from Hawaii and they have a mean camp there... Cabbage is one fighter and the guy that beat Ed Herman to win Ultimate Fighter 3 is another from his camp.

He is cocky though...

Thread Information