Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roster Cuts

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Even though it wouldn't break my heart at all to see Ricardo Colclough cut.....But if he is cut then the Steelers will only have 4 corners on the 53 man roster....That will leave that position alittle thin..
    Yeah but Coc isn't really worth a roster spot because he's shown nothing on the field really since he's been here other than the fact that he played CB and atleast knows the basics of it, that's my concern with keeping him or lack thereof of losing him..LOL... I'd sooner keep Chidi and let him play ST most of the time since he's atleast good at that, Coc certainly can't play ST and he's not much better than Chidi at CB. Ryan Clark can play CB in a pinch if he had too.

It's a toss up, I just can't stand Coc.

DB's (9) Polamalu, Townsend, Clark and Taylor will start. Backed up by McFadden, Smith, Gay, Colclough and Carter. Chidi was made expendable by Gay and also gets a visit by the turk.
    I hope he's wrong it comes to Smith... the guy has been impressive since day one... why would he be a backup?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Remember, Clark was a starter at Washington and pretty highly regarded as one of the better safeties in the leage, maybe not a top flight one but definitely an upper echelon guy. He's not going to give up that spot easily and at this point I guess Smith hasn't shown quite enough to yank that job away. A big part of being a safety is being a leader on defense and Smith is still young; Clark has some extra experience to draw on so I'd bet that played atleast a part in it ?

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Yeah but Coc isn't really worth a roster spot because he's shown nothing on the field really since he's been here other than the fact that he played CB and atleast knows the basics of it, that's my concern with keeping him or lack thereof of losing him..LOL... I'd sooner keep Chidi and let him play ST most of the time since he's atleast good at that, Coc certainly can't play ST and he's not much better than Chidi at CB. Ryan Clark can play CB in a pinch if he had too.

I don't know man Coc's showed up the last couple of games. With the addition of Tomlin he's made our whole secondary better. Plus Gay basically kicked Chidi out the door. He's taken most of the tackles on special teams and killin him at corner.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

I just don't like the idea of carrying 4 corners....If Ricardo is cut then the Steelers might want to bring in a vet #4 corner or maybe give that Anthony Madison another chance.....I just think keeping 5 corners is wise.....

As for Ryan Clark playing CB....I don't know if that would be good...I'm sure Clark wouldn't be as good as Carnell Lake moving from safety to corner....lol

Just keep Ricardo away from returns and let him be the 5th corner...Who knows maybe the light will go on in his head and he can contribute in some way as a backup corner..lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Remember, Clark was a starter at Washington and pretty highly regarded as one of the better safeties in the leage, maybe not a top flight one but definitely an upper echelon guy. He's not going to give up that spot easily and at this point I guess Smith hasn't shown quite enough to yank that job away. A big part of being a safety is being a leader on defense and Smith is still young; Clark has some extra experience to draw on so I'd bet that played atleast a part in it ?
    Ryan Clark is a solid football player and I would feel comfortable with him starting at FS.......But I think Anthony Smith has the potential to be a very special player and can be a serious play maker that can change games with his big plays....

I agree its smart to not just hand the job to Smith so if he hasn't over taken Clark then wait until Smith shows he is starter material....
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 08-26-2007 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    Just keep Ricardo away from returns and let him be the 5th corner...Who knows maybe the light will go on in his head and he can contribute in some way as a backup corner..lol
    I agree!
    I think Coke is a decent backup db. We should keep him on the roster for insurance if one of the starters gets hurt.
    He has been getting negative vibes because of his return blunders and it's really not fair to the kid who was drafted for his cover skills only. The front office and coaches had Randle El and then drafted Reid to cover punts and not Coke. He was clearly thrown in there by coaches stupidity when it was clear to the rest of Steeler Nation that Q. Morgan and Santonio were better suited to handle punt returns.

Thanks to Zachintosh66 for my awesome website banner!!
    steelersal.com

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSal View Post
    I agree!
    I think Coke is a decent backup db. We should keep him on the roster for insurance if one of the starters gets hurt.
    He has been getting negative vibes because of his return blunders and it's really not fair to the kid who was drafted for his cover skills only. The front office and coaches had Randle El and then drafted Reid to cover punts and not Coke. He was clearly thrown in there by coaches stupidity when it was clear to the rest of Steeler Nation that Q. Morgan and Santonio were better suited to handle punt returns.
    I saw Coc during the Greenbay game and he was doing a damn good job of coverage that day.Hell he almost had an int. to the house.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

My Mood
    Addicted
    I would have liked to have seen them keep 6 WR's as well. I think Kreider takes the spot over Haynes. Kreider has been way more dependable then Haynes.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    washington is a lock, the dude has to much potential, the writer is obviously just looking at drops instead of the overall player, and washington is worth one more year, so he's a lock and the writer should slit his wrist lol

ok, this writer is even dumber you don't cut your only reliable back up center, it doesn't matter how much he is getting paid, he's already counted towards the cap might as well keep it, not like cutting him will help money wise cause there's no one else to spend it on anyway......... and mahan hasn't even proven he's the starter, if okobi didn't hurt his ribs he'd still be the starter cause mahan is garbage....... again there's a reason we got him on the cheap, he's sucks, you don't get quality lineman for the price we got mahan for.... hell, the bucs didn't even put up a fight for him to stay

tg, kuhn is not in the running, he hasn't even got a chance cause everyone we have is like 95413957934571347197 better then him, it's between krieder and haynes and only them two........ krieder will get it just because he's a five year starter....... but haynes has shown his knee won't be a problem... at least not yet, he's still a china doll and will eventually get hurt
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree completely with you Koopa. Washington has way to much potential to let go. Getting rid of Okobi would be ridiculous.

Thread Information