Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sloppy play in week 1

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Post Sloppy play in week 1

You can definately tell its week 1 in the NFL. QB's all day are throwing errant passes, WR's running the wrong routes, interceptions, fumbles, most running backs haven't faired all that well, defenses missing tackles.

Watching the Manning bowl tonight...Peyton has made a bunch of bad throws and should have been picked atleast 4 times by now but thanks to the butter fingers of the Giant DB's he's been saved from that to this point.

As far as the Steelers go, we all know the defense needs to tackle better and our ST needs to step it up but our offense looked pretty good overall even with Ben out of the lineup.

My Mood
    Amazed
    It is really not until around Week 3 that the cream raises to the top.

Then we have bye weeks lol

Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

House of Steel
    This is by far the worse Fantasy Football start in my doggone 8 years of doing this. 8 of 9 teams lost. That is just unacceptable in my nature. Time for the spit flying, chin pointing, screaming in their faces, and shouting Bullshit to my players. DARN THEM FOOLS!!!

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn
    It is really not until around Week 3 that the cream raises to the top.

Then we have bye weeks lol

I hate it we have the bye week so darn early. Now, the Steelers I think have the big advantage since we played Thursday Night and our next game isn't til late Monday Night. Hines will finally be healed of that damn hamstring and everyone else will be healthier. Finally get Ben under center. WE will prevail even better.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Didn't help that I didn't get to set my fantasy lineup with all the changes I made until some of the games had already been played

My Mood
    Addicted
    I had a great week in FF!.....lol

And yes it has been sloppy. Pats won on a damn safety. I think of all the 4pm games the away team scored on their first drive, which seemed strange.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel
    This is by far the worse Fantasy Football start in my doggone 8 years of doing this. 8 of 9 teams lost. That is just unacceptable in my nature. Time for the spit flying, chin pointing, screaming in their faces, and shouting Bullshit to my players. DARN THEM FOOLS!!!

Yeah I did kick your butt today which was not at all what you told me to expect because you won a gazillion trophies in FF oh well, nice game LOL

Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thank God its over right. hopfully next week will be better
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

You could tell it was the first week! The so called "super-stars" weren't really super-stars this week, Larry Johnson, ALexander, Delhome... the list goes on!

The Steelers execute well, butt hey still had their mistakes like TG said (missed tackles, ST). It was definitely an interesting first week and it's only got to more interesting with the NFL's first scheduled double header tomorrow (Mondya) night!

Any dissussion involving sloppy has got to include my Seahawks this week.

My biggest concerns after seeing and listening to most of the game with the Lions...
    1) The Lions got 5 sacks! We averaged less than 2 a game last year. We knew we could not replace Hutch, but we thought we could fill in the spot better than this. Maybe they just need more time...

2) 2 blocked field goals... See concern #1.

3) Alexander was held to 50 yards... See concern #1.

4) Regarding the O-Line, I almost puked when I heard Walter Jones went out with an ankle injury. He went back in the next series but looked a little gimpy. He is a lot of man to stand on a gimpy ankle. I don't like to think of what our chances would be with out him out there for most games. Hopefully his ankle heals up quickly.

The O-Line has got to pull it together if we are going to be a threat this year.

Things I am happy with...

1) Defense only allowed 6 points. Our linebackers were our biggest liability 3 seasons back. Now they look to be the the stongest corp of the team

2) Our kick return game looked solid. This was one of our biggest weaknesses last season. Looks like dumping Peter Warrick was a good move.

3) We ran 2 good 2 minute drills that resulted in scores with no time left. The most important of which was the final one to win the game. Some of you might remember the last Seahawk game where they uncharacteristically blew their managment of the 2 min drill...

4) Our backup runningback Maurice Morris had 23 yards on 3 carries. Its nice to know he's got some skills in case SA gets hurt.

5) Nate Burleson had only one catch but it was for 36 yards. He was brought in to be a deep threat, something lacking in our WRs. I expect to see more out him as he becomes more comfortable with our system.

So all in all, this game did not meet most of our hopes for how the Hawks would look starting out of the gate. But I have faith that SA will find his groove with a vengance and the O-Line is going to tighten things up. Its interesting to think that we may be transitioning from a team that wins by its offense to a team that wins by defense rapidly. But then again, its just the first week. And its easier for the defense to be playing well the first week than it is for the O.

Even though it looked ugly, I have to remind myself that there really isn't such thing as an ugly win when you are playing on the road in the NFL. I give credit to the Lions, their D looked much improved. But I also recognize that if the Seahawks don't step up their level of play they aren' going to be able to pull out many more victories like they did today....

Thread Information