Thread: Interesting stats thus far regarding the Arizona Cardinals

Bookmark and Share

Exclamation Interesting stats thus far regarding the Arizona Cardinals

The Cardinals have kicked off the 2006 season with a new stadium, a new running back, and a veteran QB who is finally healthy! As the first quarter comes to an end the Cardinals are up on a lousy 49ers team 21-7.

Last year in 05, the Cardinals had a total of 27 points in the first quarter for the entire year (9 FG's)... today the Cardinals have almost eclipsed last years total in only 1 quarter with 21 points, 2 passing TD's and 1 rushing.

Last year the Cardinals had a grand total of 2 rushing TD's on the season! Today they have already have 1 and could easily surpass 2 by the end of this game at the rate they are going... especially if the 49ers keep turning the ball over as they have so far (2 Fumbles in the first quarter!).

Are these Cardinals for real this year? It's really hard to say because they are playing the 49ers. Their oppoenent next week should give us all a good indicator with how good this Cardinals team is when they face the Seatlle Seahawks!

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    I think their for real they will win their division

House of Steel
    I do too, they are my surprise team of the year. I won't be darn surprise if they win the division and make some serious noise in the NFC Playoffs, I see a 10-6 or 11-5 season out of these guys. Edgerrin James, Larry Fitzgerald, Anaquin Bolden, and Kurt Warner will all be the difference maker.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think the cards are for real, they're definately improved and they'll be playing inspired football this season being in their new stadium and finally getting a decent RB. Their defense is pretty stoudt, but their OL will tell the tale this year along with Warner. Their OL needs time to gel and get the talent together which will affect their entire offense. If the OL plays well then the cards will do well this year.

They are on the rise and will contend for their division in a big way.

I believe this will be a buildin year for the cards. They are startin to be for real but I think next year will be when they become serious contenders. The seahawks didn't look too great stat wise against the lions more so not because of the stats themselves but rather that wit the stats they put up all they could manage the whole game against the lions was three field goals. Time will only tell where the season and the various teams go.

BuFu

My Mood
    Addicted
    Don't look now but the 49er's are back in the game.

I saw that SF! The Cardinals o-line is really taking a this second half. They aren't giving Warner any time to throw the ball and they can't even open a hole big enough for James to at least look through!

Their o-line is definitely going to be the big question this year... looking horrible!

House of Steel
    I like to know what Arizona is thinking right now? They need to get their heads out of their asses, especially that Offensive Line, they are worse than roadkill.

Thread Information