Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thoughts

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Coc had a good preseason last year and it blew up in his face during the regular season so I don't care what he does cut his *** or at the very least keep him on the bench.

Baker is quick but not fast and atleast he might hang onto the ball

Reppin' 724
    Man I am finally watching this game, since they lied to me when I called the bar, and it wasn't really on. Anyways, the offense is pissing me off. I know its pre-season but they look sloppy.

I know Tomlin wants to see what his o-line can do, and move people around, but ****, we need to start developing some continuity on that damn line, or Ben/Willie could end up hurt.

The return game looks like my ex girlfriend, sloppy and strung-out. Even the 1st D was giving up big yards, I mean **** TODD ****ING COLLINS threw a TD on them.

I am trying not to get too excited, its only pre-season, but jesus.......

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    After this week ..... you'll start to see things become more crisp. I never put stock into assessing a team until the final 2 remaining pre-season games.

Up to this point, its all been about experimenting and looking at who's going to make the big 53 ....

The Turk strikes next week ....

Hey all! Congrats on the win.....preseason or not. I just wish we were playing you guys this year. Maybe we'll see you in the big game huh?

Proud friend of Steeler Addicts

they need to have their game faces on for the eaglets sunday night

I agree with pretty much everything you said ICS. Though, I thought the pass rush wasn't too bad in the first quarter. The problem was there was always someone open so they were always able to make the play. The first quarter I blame on the secondary. After that it was just plain poor play overall.

The O-line played like shiat! As everyone else has said, Tomlin needs to pick his o-line NOW and get them in regular season form!

Sepulveda Rocks! That first punt was amazing! 58yards and bounced right out-of bounds! DAMN! What a great pick he was. He was the ONLY player that did his job perfectly every time.

As for Ben, I thought he played ok, nothing special. I saw a few passes that he should've made. Mostly short passes that should've been 1 or 2 feet in the other direction. His run in the second quarter for the first down was a smart move, though I thought he dove a hair too early.

Cockface impressed me a little. He played way better than I'm used to seeing. Nice return in the third.

Bottom line is if the o-line doesn't play better we will have the same season w had last year. I believe the D will be ok, the secondary will step it up in the regular season. But, that o-line needs some serious work. And, OL aside I think it looks like 30 td's by Ben (as a couple of people have projected) is out of the question

I know this is just preseason and I hope that's the reason for most of the poor play. I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks.

Oh yeah, CUT ESSEX NOW!!! buh bye!

Sig by BR7

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    The return game looks like my ex girlfriend, sloppy and strung-out. Even the 1st D was giving up big yards, I mean shiat TODD ****ING COLLINS threw a TD on them.

Perhaps you should raise the bar a little Tee!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RckyMtnStlrFan View Post

Sepulveda Rocks! That first punt was amazing!
    he knows lol

i just watched the game.....pretty sure gay might be the best thats ever lived

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtain09 View Post
    i think St. Pierre is adequete as a third string QB. idk y u guys dont like him.
    Agreed. I think he gives us about all we can realistically expect from a third string qb, nothing special, but he seems to make safe descisions with the ball

Thread Information