Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thoughts

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ok, **** essex, i thik capizzi would do better there as a backup

russel is awesome, him and davis are gonna make the team, anyone know davis is 26?

santonio is such a ****ing monster and is gonna give D-sep a run for his money at MVP

barlow....is still a bitch

Essex and Starks are both bitches who shouldn't make the team. I believe our rookies Cameron Stephenson and Jason Capizzi could do no worse than these guys with virtually no NFL experience.

Barlow just hasn't played as well as Davis and Russell. Are they gonna choose who makes the team based upon training camp and pre-season game performances? If so then Barlow is a goner!

Our O-line is just not good. That is my biggest area of concern for the Steelers. If they don't get their act together it will be a long season for all. I just hope they don't compound the problems by keeping some of the dead weight already proven to suck and launch some of the new guys who have shown promise. I would rather have a couple new guys short on experience and long on desire than the opposite.

You can make a million excuses about them not playing together enough but in the end it looks like the same O-line that was dominated by the Ravens twice and the Chargers once.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday133 View Post
    I don't know why everyone is down on Barlow. I haven't seen enough of him to say he shouldn't make the team. Russell has been decent, but its been against 3rd and 4th teams. Davis seems to be a guy that can make it with his ST play.

That's just it .... Barlow has done nothing in camp or in the few pre-season games to earn his spot on this team; he's not standing out. Both Russell and Davis have already done something to raise an eyebrow or two. Let's be honest, Barlow's resume on other teams isn't stellar either.

Barlow doesn't have the stones to be a Steeler, he doesn't play hard enough, doesn't have that attitude.

Tailgate Coordinator
    After reading all of tat. I don't think I want to watch the reair on NFL Network this afternoon.

I'm A "Champion"

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    After reading all of tat. I don't think I want to watch the reair on NFL Network this afternoon.

I didn't get to watch it either but I listened to it on WDVE radio and then I caught the post game show with Stan Savran. I am going to watch it on NFL network anyway to get a birds eye view and see if it was as bad as what was described on the radio play-by-play.

I agree with all the talking points made on the Stan Savran show.

Not cooincidentally, they discussed Trai Essex and Max Starks stepping up and showing something......they did not.

They discussed which running backs should make the team.......Davis/Russell yes.......Barlow/Haynes no!

They discussed secondary, who should go and who should stay.

Say goodbye to Chidi Iwuoma......There are other players who can not only contribute on special teams like Gay and Davis, but they can also contribute at their perspective positions they play on defense and offense. Clint Kriewaldt will probably stay because they need depth at ILB.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Being at the game it was alot tougher to break it down, since for the most part was talking smack with skins so called fans...... But what I did see, was the drive right in front of me at the end of the half where we could not punch it in, then the last drive had another stalled at the 1, I see everyone on this russelll guy, but he did not get the job done..... should have used davis........ I agree barlow has to go......... I do know they need to cover the TE better, made cooley look like a HOF.... D-SEP looked awesome...... BOOMING Kicks, and that Hughes (sp?) didn't have me holdingmy breath during his FG attempts, and seemed to have some nice kickoffs......

Overall thou, thought our D did not bring there game and they need to get the O-line together and stick with it......

GO STEELERS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    That vanilla gameplan that is always put in place for preseason just drives you nuts because you see so many holes and things that need fixed, then the season comes and it either all works out or it all falls apart even more.

Let's hope the OL gets set this coming week and they can start to work together. The last thing I want to see is 5 guys starting on opening weekend who haven't had time to gel, even alittle bit.

But yeah it's preseason it sucks

Couldn't have said it better

Thanks to BR7 for the sig

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The Steelers still need a center..........I think Okobi will be the starter....But the thing with Okobi he has never started for a full 16 games....He also had a neck injury last year and this year he has had some back problems....How can he hold up for 16 games?lol If not then it will be Mahan...lol I was hoping he can win the center spot.....But his low snaps and his average at best play don't cut it......Hopefully he is a better OG then C.......With both Simmons and Faneca both being FAs....There is going to be a need for experienced OG on the roster next year...

Its safe to say that Essex, Kemoeatu just suck........More wasted draft picks....I know Cowher is to blame...But so are the Steelers scouts.....I remember reading after the 05 draft that the Steelers had Essex valued as a first round talent....What the hell were they smoking?

Then there is Max Starks....Another wasted pick....since Starks has been average at best since being in the NFL....He can pack his bags right now and I wouldn't care.....

There isn't a whole a lot of young promising talent on the OLine....The Steelers need to draft Oline no doubt.........But I think it might be time to bring some FAs in as well if there is any out there next year....I don't know the FA class next year besides the Steelers FAs.....

Next the return game looks terrible.......Ced Wilson has had the best punt returns this pre-season and he has stated in the past that he doesn't like to return kicks......I'm still waiting Willie Reid.......You were a bad *** at Florida State as a return man....So far you havn't showed **** in the NFL....I know the blocking could be better to set him up on his returns but so far Willie hasn't impressed at all....

As for the play-calling I'm not worried....Its pre-season.......I'm sure if this was the regular season and the Steelers were that close to the goal line we would have seen Kreider in there to lead the way and the Steelers would have pounded it in there......But with all the talk of these multi TE sets....Both Miller and Spaeth should have been in there at the end of the first half....Just lob it up there for Spaeth with his big frame....

Well the game against the Skins was just ugly....I could go on but I already wrote a novel.....Hopefully the Steelers look much better vs the Eagles next Sunday....

Rookie Free Agent
    I hope the O-line comes together because i don't see this group surviving against the Ravens ... I feel good about all other aspects of the team ..Hell Special teams might even win a few games for us

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Speaking of Willie Reid, 32...where the hell is he at ? The dude had 1 catch for 17 yds on sunday but we haven't heard jack from him in a positive way since the first game when he had a rough go of it. We all thought this kid was the future returner for us, the next ARE possibly, but so far he's been either injured or just flat out inconsistent in every way. This is the time, in preseason, when he should be showing what he's got now that he's healthy. I hope he steps up soon because other than Cedric all we have in the return game is Santonio and I don't want him back there. If Dallas Baker makes this team he can do that for us too.

baker is way to slow to return, i want santonio being a badass on offense, not special teams.

cocface shows flashes but i really hate him lol

Thread Information