Thread: The Browns UNoriginal Towel (For Real)

Bookmark and Share

The Browns UNoriginal Towel (For Real)

The Browns have sunk to a new low. They are now overtly copying the Steelers. Here is the full article. Items I found amusin I put in bold. My own personal commentary is italicized.

-Published September 02, 2006 10:01 am - Judson Flint was a member of the old Cleveland Browns “Kardiac Kids” teams that thrived on exciting finishes. Today Flint is excited about a team-related beginning — the beginning of “The Dirty Brown Towel.” The former Farrell High athletic star is the spokesman for the brown-and-orange towel.

Browns fans get 'dirty': Locals create tool for Cleveland rooters
    Locals create new tool for Cleveland rooters

By Lynn Saternow

Herald Sports Editor

Judson Flint was a member of the old Cleveland Browns “Kardiac Kids” teams that thrived on exciting finishes. Today Flint is excited about a team-related beginning — the beginning of “The Dirty Brown Towel.”

The former Farrell High athletic star is the spokesman for the brown-and-orange towel — an invention of Farrell’s Chuck Harris — that he predicts will be a must-have item for every true Browns fan in the country.

“Since the Browns came back to Cleveland (after owner Art Modell moved the team), the fans have had nothing to latch on to,” said Flint. “The team can rise out of the ashes and the Dirty Brown Towel will give fans something to help turn the tide.”

Harris pointed out that he felt the Browns needed something to combat the dreaded “Terrible Towel” which is waved by tens of thousands of fans at Pittsburgh Steelers games.

Really? Wouldn't it be better to form a good football team to combat the Steelers?

Harris went to McArthur Towel and Sports Co., the maker of the Terrible Towel, with the idea. But it took about two years before he could get official licensing from the NFL. Now that he has the license, it’s full speed ahead.

“It’s been big already,” said Harris. “It’s been selling well.” Normally selling for about $8, it can be found locally at Kraynak’s, Reyers, Nadine’s Trading Post, the Gold Mind and Tony’s Pizza Tavern. It will be expanding into other stores in the future.

First off, I bought a Superbowl XL Terrible Towel and it was only $7, so why is this one so much?

I'm also happy to see that this thing is bein sold at only the finest merchandising outlets!

It can be found in several stores in the Cleveland and Erie areas. “The NASCAR Obsession (in Erie’s Millcreek Mall) is planning to use it in a TV commercial,” said Harris. He said it will also soon be available at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton.

Flint said they are currently in discussions with the Browns about a possible promotion through an outside sponsor. “They would want about 70,000 if that goes through,” said Flint. “Right now it’s up to the sponsor. It’s between the towel, a seat cushion and a flag.”

Seat cushion, or toilet seat? Can they maybe use the towel and the toilet seat together? It might save on toilet paper and plumbing costs in Cleveland Browns Stadium.

Flint, a defensive back for the Browns from 1980-82, said the fans play a big role in inspiring players at home games. “Can you imagine every fan waving these towels,” asked Flint. “That would help intimidate the other team. This will create a hostile environment for the visitors and a lift for the home team. It’s something that every fan can bring to the game, week-in and week-out.

Yea, I can, and no it won't. What a way for the city to pronounce the fact that they look like a toilet bowl.

“By “Dirty” It doesn’t mean that the team will do anything illegal. It just means that they are ready to play hard and get down-and-dirty to win.

I don't think "illegal" is what anyone's first thought was when associating the Browns and the word "dirty."

“These towels can help create some frenzy and a great atmosphere. Hopefully it’s something that will be around for the next 25 years.”

While Harris is the president of the company producing the towel, Henry Smith is vice president and Daniel Odem is secretary of operations. The towel is being distributed by Omeri Corp., 672 North Sharpsville Ave., Sharon.

Harris said that Browns Backers organizations throughout the country are becoming interested in buying the towels. The Atlanta group recently asked for a couple of hundred to distribute to fans there.

Ok, I want to know who let Browns fans out of Cleveland.

Harris said that in the future they also plan to produce car flags with the Dirty Brown Towel logo on them.

Flint pointed out that this is the perfect time for the new promotion since the Cleveland Browns are celebrating the 60th anniversary of the team in the NFL.

Last time I heard this franchise has only been around since 1999.

For more information, go to the www.thedirtybrowntowel.com or contact Harris at 570-985-9228 or chuck@thedirtybrowntowel.com.
    BuFu
    Last edited by Hburg; 09-11-2006 at 12:19 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    What a bunch of losers. Everyone wants to copy the TT but they all know it isn't the same! They should try and come up with something original.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The dirty brown towel? WTF kinda name is that !!! Just goes to show the mistake by the lake can't even come up with an original idea for their fans !

Damn I hate the clowns !!!!!!!!!!

House of Steel
    That is a load of crap for sure. Maybe I will shine my shoes with it or wipe my butt with it. LMAO.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think Im gonna email this guy and tell him that's about the dumbest name Ive heard of for something that's supposed to rally the fans around the team !

My Mood
    Addicted
    And a team called the "Browns" at that.......lol

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun
    I think Im gonna email this guy and tell him that's about the dumbest name Ive heard of for something that's supposed to rally the fans around the team !
    I am going to sound off to FOX 8 News tomorrow and let them know my two cents, I will buy one at the Steelers-Browns game and tell the fans what I think, wipe my *** with it. Spit in it. I will offend them Crappers.

Like I said in another post, the TT can be copied but it will never be duplicated. I know when I feel like I'm copying something from someone else I feel pretty stupid once I realize what I've been doing. You know like when youa re hanging out with someone and they a unique litle saying and then you start saying it too

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun
    The dirty brown towel? WTF kinda name is that !!! Just goes to show the mistake by the lake can't even come up with an original idea for their fans !

Damn I hate the clowns !!!!!!!!!!
    My roommate was laughin at me because today I was clownin on Cleveland almost every two seconds!!

BuFu

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by HburgXL06
    My roommate was laughin at me because today I was clownin on Cleveland almost every two seconds!!

BuFu
    You wasn't the only one. They got new shirts called **** Pittsburgh! I told them, Oh hell, Pittsburgh will **** you and then some idiots.

Thread Information