Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **Walter Young**

Bookmark and Share

**Walter Young**

I was saying that we need to see more of this kid. Hell he's 6'4" 220lb how can you not keep this guy after saying that you will spread the offense. Like I said earlier he can make up for almost getting Dewayne Jarrett. He may not have lots of speed but you can't teach size. People say if he was really good then he wouldn't have been on the practice squad those years. You also have to remember we were in the Cowher era then , no receiver stood a chance outside of Hines , Santonio and Cedric.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

i agree with you somewhat about cowher holding people back and not giving fair chances but im not sure about young...hes ok, but i dont know if hes more than that

My Mood
    Addicted
    He looked good. I would like to see more of Dallas Baker though. Haven't seen much from him.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i like him, but he's 28 years old, and if you haven't caught on by that age it's pretty safe to say you never will, cause there isn't much potential in him, he is who he is, and that's pretty much a practice squad player.......... i like his size but imo, size in a wr is probably the most overrated thing in football, a lot of the star wrs in the league right now ain't all that tall

i think i rather give dallas baker more of a chance to make the team because he still has potential, and was good in the redzone in college for a national championship team, so he knows how to win
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

you guys are right I like to call him Conservative Cowher. I know YOung doesnt have speed. He does have though size and a nice long stride. Lets face it though he looked good but only for a few catches at best. I barely even saw Dallas Baker. ANd if Matt Spath misses one more block, or one more tackle someone will have his ***

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We've made our living on "smurf" sized WR's all during the Cowher era...well smurf sized compared to someone like Plax or Walter Young. I'd like to see Walter finally pan out and make a contribution on the field for us but if not we've got a good group of guys ready to step up.

I will admit I am pulling for him though, he'd be a great weapon for those jump balls in the corner of the endzone or on the sidelines.

Not only does he have size but he uses that size to his advantage unlike Starks lol!. He also blocks by the way with good hands. Did anyone see that blockon special teams when Reid fumbled . I understand that he's 28 but it's not like were drafting the guy we always had him and never used him. I say let take advantage of this cheap salary and he hasn't had much contact in the last few years he should have plenty of years in him. It's not like he's a RB. I liked the way he hit that D-lineman on that play last week.
    Last edited by Mike Tomlin; 08-12-2007 at 10:24 PM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i like him, but he's 28 years old, and if you haven't caught on by that age it's pretty safe to say you never will, cause there isn't much potential in him, he is who he is, and that's pretty much a practice squad player.......... i like his size but imo, size in a wr is probably the most overrated thing in football, a lot of the star wrs in the league right now ain't all that tall

i think i rather give dallas baker more of a chance to make the team because he still has potential, and was good in the redzone in college for a national championship team, so he knows how to win
    thank you....

Of course it's overrated if you don't use it to your advantage.

thats why we have heath

Thread Information