Thread: Baltimore Ravens

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Baltimore Ravens

Don't know how many other people watched the Ravens last night but they look every bit as good as they were last year. Their defense intimidated the Eagles quarterbacks the entire night and ended up with 5 sacks. Count the knockdowns, batted balls and hurries and you can imagine why it wasn't a good night for the Eagles. Meanwhile we in Steeler land are trying to convince ourselves that having "0" sacks in 2 games is nothing to worry about. Watching that game last night was a harsh reminder of what they did to us last year.......TWICE! Hope our boys were watching last night. Taking back the AFC North title is not going to be a walk in the park.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

I was watching the highlights on ESPN and they definitely looked impressive! It's one of those situations though where we shouldn't get caught up with all the hype surrounding the Ravens right now because it is only pre-season. McNair is another year older and surprisingly he didn't get injured last year so he's do Plus Willis can't get his running game going against the Steelers assuming the run stuffing D we have gotten to know over the years shows up!

My Mood
    Angry
    The Rats beating up on an Eagle team minus Donovan McNabb and Shawn Andrews in the pre-season doesn't really concern me at all.
    Baltimore won a few games last season they shouldn't have and as we all know one good hit on "Brittle" Steve McNair this year will put Kyle Boller back in the drivers seat.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    The Rats beating up on an Eagle team minus Donovan McNabb and Shawn Andrews in the pre-season doesn't really concern me at all.
    Baltimore won a few games last season they shouldn't have and as we all know one good hit on "Brittle" Steve McNair this year will put Kyle Boller back in the drivers seat.

Perhaps our truest test will come when we play the Ravens again. Considering how badly they dominated us in both games last year I will consider the games against them this year as good measuring sticks to gage whether we made up ground against them or lost some more. Hoping for a McNair injury to occur to bring them back to our level is not the kind of team improvements that im hoping for. I would like to see our boys give them the same kind of ***-kicking they gave us WITH all of their best players in the game. Don't want to hear excuses if we beat them.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Again its pre-season....I don't care if the Ravens dominated the Eagles in a pre-season game....I'm also not worried about our lack of sacks......I don't think LeBeau is tipping his hand which most coaches don't since its pre-season......Plus James Harrison hasn't played yet in the pre-season...I'm sure he will be a factor this year....You have to be encouraged by Woodley and the pressure he is getting...No sacks yet but you can see he gets nice pressure....Plus Keisel will be moving around this year...I'm not concerned....

Plus I'm not impressed with the Ravens...They were over-rated last year...I stated many times they would be one and done in the play-offs and they were.....Yes they dominated us....But the main reasons for that was our QB was shell shocked most of the year and our offense was way to predictable....**** the Rat Birds.....If you want to crown them then crown them.......lol I'm not..........

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    **** the Rat Birds.....If you want to crown them then crown them.......lol I'm not..........

Thanks.......Denny!

We had them......And we let them off the hook!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The rats can kiss my ***. They can be as dominate as they want against a vanilla offense and a bunch of starters who don't even want to be out on the field and the backups who don't have a clue. The rats will be a good team and have a solid defense but we'll have our chances at them this year and you can bet the tapes of last years games will be in full force during rat week !

Just heard on ESPN that andy reid is pissed at his teams lack luster performance,,,,,,,,,

But it's just pre-season crap,,,,,,,,,
    Guess the rat-turds back-ups were better then the E---Gals back-ups
    Never put much into this pre-season,,,,,,,,,
    It's 99% of finding out who's your bench warmers are & practice squad players are !!!!!!!

Bring on the starters & some real Football ~~~~~~

Thread Information