Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starks Strikes out again

Bookmark and Share

Starks Strikes out again

After Last nights sorry performance of Max Starks ( giving up two sacks to give him a total of three ) he should be ashamed to even be smiling on T.V..

Again Max looked confused at times and easily overwhelmed. Granted hes playing on the left side where he hasnt played for three years he still looks like a bum. A guy that big and strong is no good if he cant play football. He looked like he was lacking in technique and dosent seem like he has the necessary skill to play the O lines mose tough positon. By not being secure on the left side. ( Bens Blind Spot) You can bet your bottom dollar it wont help Ben anymore this year knowing that a jacka$$ like Starks is protecting his backside. With Cappizzi and Colon looking better everyday Starks should start playing better on film to showcase to other teams , if he can. Should Starks start this season it will be because either he gets it together before the season starts, if every other O lineman is hurt, or if he goes back to his natural right position. Which IM still not all the way comfortable with that. ANd if Tomlin starts Starks over another more skillfull back than that will be his first big Head Coaching Mistake.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I have to agree. Max Starks is a huge guy and can't seem to block a defender for more than 2 seconds if that. I would love to see one of these young guys take the job away from Max. I think next year you will see us acquire O-linemen through FA or the draft.

just cause he was playing on the left last night doesnt mean hes slated to play there at all this year

Reppin' 724
    woah woah....I obviously didnt watch the game (not available here and I was sflying) WTF is Starks doing playin LT?

tomlin was high

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    tomlin was high
    ****...if thats the case I want some of what he is smokin

My Mood
    Addicted
    I guess he was shuffling the line around to see what he could do. Hell Max Starks can barely play at right let alone left. lol

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    woah woah....I obviously didnt watch the game (not available here and I was sflying) WTF is Starks doing playin LT?
    Smith started at LT and Colon started at RT....Then when Smith left the game Starks replaced him at LT....Tomlin just wanted to see how Starks could perform at LT just in case Smith ever got hurt for a serious amount of time...

Hell Starks has been average at best at RT since being in the NFL......So we all know he can't play LT...lol....He just isn't athletic enough and has poor footwork to be a LT.....

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    A man of his size and strength should be king of the hill in the trenches, we've been saying for a while IF, IF, IF he gets it together...looks like he just doesn't get it, maybe the rest of the OL needs to have a blanket party on his ***.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Gold Standard
    Colon will win the starting right tackle job outright and before the pre-season is over Jason Capizzi might pass Starks on the depth chart if someone goes down. Game film don't lie and Coach Tomlin cannot be happy with what he sees from Starks. Worst part was he wasn't even getting pushed around by Green Bay's first string players, that was 2nd and 3rd stringers making Starks look bad! Just pitiful if you asked me.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Thread Information